Rejuvenated Spurrier: Just Getting Started - Page 2 - South Carolina Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Rejuvenated Spurrier: Just Getting Started

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I find it interesting that Spurrier is once again claiming that he will be taking over the playcalling duties himself for what seems like the third off-season in a row.  My guess is we'll be halfway through the UGA game and we'll once again see Spurrier a good 20 yards away from GA Mangus or SOS Jr. while they frantically try to signal a play in to our offense while there's only 5 seconds left on the play clock when we break the huddle.  

Seems like a wash-rinse-repeat scenario the past couple years or more.....just like his more or less calling Garcia out for lack of leadership, work ethic and commitment.  Hopefully the trend of adding a win or two per season will continue as well...?

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

GamedayGuru.com

GamedayGuru.com
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Marcus Lattimore, combined with a top notch recruiting class, and #1 Recruit Clowney....Spurrier definitely has this program headed in the right direction...if I were him I'd ride Lattimore to another SEC East title, and keep piling up the recruits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://gamedayguru.com/GamedayGuru.com....Tailgate Your Heart Out!

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not so sure about Shaw but hopefully he's the QB we've always needed.  McEvoy at 6'5" is an interesting recruit at QB that I'm looking forward to seeing develop.  I think the rumors of Spurrier's retirement are simply a negative recruiting tool that hasn't worked.  I'm sure teams that used to benefit from grabbing South Carolina's top recruits are hoping Spurrier leaves soon and hate they couldn't selll that BS to Gilmore, Jeffrey, Lattimore, or Clowney.  When you've got head coaches telling recruits they've just met, "I love you," like Dabo did to Clowney, I'm sure lying about pending coaching changes is second nature.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GamecockDieHard said:

I'm not so sure about Shaw but hopefully he's the QB we've always needed. McEvoy at 6'5" is an interesting recruit at QB that I'm looking forward to seeing develop. I think the rumors of Spurrier's retirement are simply a negative recruiting tool that hasn't worked. I'm sure teams that used to benefit from grabbing South Carolina's top recruits are hoping Spurrier leaves soon and hate they couldn't selll that BS to Gilmore, Jeffrey, Lattimore, or Clowney. When you've got head coaches telling recruits they've just met, "I love you," like Dabo did to Clowney, I'm sure lying about pending coaching changes is second nature.

Seriously?
Clemson is so effed up.
So, so effed up.

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JoeGator said:

Seriously?
Clemson is so effed up.
So, so effed up.

Yep, seriously. That Boy Swinney told Clowney on the phone that he loved him.

Posted Image

Posted Image

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Dude said:

Yep, seriously. That Boy Swinney told Clowney on the phone that he loved him.
What's not to love? Small price to pay for the top recruit.

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

uscrules said:

What's not to love? Small price to pay for the top recruit.

Besides being off-the-chart weird, it's obviously disingenuous. That's getting awfully close to downright prostitution right there! A hooker loves you too, as long as she gets what she wants in the deal. Creepy stuff.