Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Charter Schools

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gov. Haslam pledges $40 million to start new charter schools | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Well, is this a government run private school for minorities...that is all I see in the pictures supporting or attending a charter schools and in Nashville charter schools are only in minority areas...is this just pumping more money into the public school system for only minorities. Could this reverse discrimination... :ohmy:

Charter to Hogan is a school being pumped up with money from the government and private organizations for the gain of the private organization and saves face for the government.
Posted Image

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I had a long post typed out and lost it

Cliffs:They're good, they produce better individuals than the average public school, they give a kid who's willing to learn the opportunity to do so in an environment that encourages it.
Posted Image all of you

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hogan, I'm sure there is some agenda to your post but if it will make you feel better the private school I went to takes all races if you pay the money, stay out of trouble and make your grades. As a kid in the 4th grade I was yanked out of public school by the police one day. Intergration had some riots in the 60's and when whispers of a riot at our school was over heard they started workin to keep it to a minimum. Why was I yanked? The school was named after my great granddad and so was I. I had no idea what was going on and my friends thought I was going to jail. Actually I thought I was going to jail too. I was just a 4th grader. Anyway, no riot but dad wasn't going to deal with such anymore so five miles down the road I went.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bbqit said:

Hogan, I'm sure there is some agenda to your post but if it will make you feel better the private school I went to takes all races if you pay the money, stay out of trouble and make your grades. As a kid in the 4th grade I was yanked out of public school by the police one day. Intergration had some riots in the 60's and when whispers of a riot at our school was over heard they started workin to keep it to a minimum. Why was I yanked? The school was named after my great granddad and so was I. I had no idea what was going on and my friends thought I was going to jail. Actually I thought I was going to jail too. I was just a 4th grader. Anyway, no riot but dad wasn't going to deal with such anymore so five miles down the road I went.

No agenda..just my thoughts from an old schooler...wanted to see what you young guns think about your money being poured into schools for minorities mostly...are they pulling the wool over your eyes:)
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bbqit said:

Remember I'm talking about Charter Schools...not Private Schools, they have their own backers and are very good for education and the right families.
Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
if the charter schools provide better results than their public school counterparts...then im all for it.

maybe rather than trying to imply something about these charter schools- you should be interested in seeing why they are performing better than public schools.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Dude said:

if the charter schools provide better results than their public school counterparts...then im all for it.

maybe rather than trying to imply something about these charter schools- you should be interested in seeing why they are performing better than public schools.

I know why ..money brother money...and your thrown out if you don't follow the rules...simple procedure
Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Hoganknows said:

I know why ..money brother money...and your thrown out if you don't follow the rules...simple procedure

thats interesting. i realize a charter school is not the same as a private school- but the school i went to had LESS funding per student than the local public school i would have went to had i not gone to private. we didnt have the nicest buildings, didnt have the nicest desks, didnt have brand new computers, and our teachers didnt make as much as the public school teachers.

yet we had a 100% college acceptance rate.

now, i realize the private school can be more selective, but it also doesnt change the fact that my school was known to have a better reputation amongst college admissions. than the public school i reference. two students, one from my school and one from the public school, with matching grades and test scores- which do you think would get accepted to more colleges?

money is not the panacea that many try to make it out to be.

IMO- parental involvement is. the reason private schools are typically better than public schools is because, when parents pay to send their kids to a school- they are more likely to have an active interest in their child's education, and rarely- if ever, use the private school simply as a day care.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Private School > Charter Schools > Public Schools
Posted Image

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Hogan..........is your opinion of a racist nature or a political nature in this thread?  its a given that all libs are racist, but im trying to get your position on this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

Hogan..........is your opinion of a racist nature or a political nature in this thread? its a given that all libs are racist, but im trying to get your position on this

Don't forget sexist.
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Dude said:

thats interesting. i realize a charter school is not the same as a private school- but the school i went to had LESS funding per student than the local public school i would have went to had i not gone to private. we didnt have the nicest buildings, didnt have the nicest desks, didnt have brand new computers, and our teachers didnt make as much as the public school teachers.

yet we had a 100% college acceptance rate.

now, i realize the private school can be more selective, but it also doesnt change the fact that my school was known to have a better reputation amongst college admissions. than the public school i reference. two students, one from my school and one from the public school, with matching grades and test scores- which do you think would get accepted to more colleges?

money is not the panacea that many try to make it out to be.

IMO- parental involvement is. the reason private schools are typically better than public schools is because, when parents pay to send their kids to a school- they are more likely to have an active interest in their child's education, and rarely- if ever, use the private school simply as a day care.

Outstanding points
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

Hogan..........is your opinion of a racist nature or a political nature in this thread? its a given that all libs are racist, but im trying to get your position on this

It is what it is...take anyway you want...I think Charter Schools are Private Schools for Minorities run by the government...what you think about that?
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

Don't forget sexist.

Is racist or sexist telling it like it is..truth hurts sometimes...that is what is wrong with America right now...nobody wants the truth..we all want lies
Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
lol @ our gas station attendant governor.