Doug Gottlieb: "Florida didn't beat anybody in the non-conference" - Page 2 - Florida Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Doug Gottlieb: "Florida didn't beat anybody in the non-conference"

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A lot of our fans don't know the meaning of the word level headed, myself included.  I think I'm better than most though (though don't get me wrong, I'm a blatant UK homer).....we have a lot of JimBobBillyJoe's from Podunkville unfortunately.  So do the rest of you, but you don't hear from them until football season.  Since we care about both sports, we hear from them year 'round.

You'll love this:
Doug Gottlieb (GottliebShow) on Twitter
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I realize our fans can be crazy- but we're only football crazy.  Our basketball fans care (greatly) but our fans are knowledgeable (for the most part) and level headed.

Gottlieb's such a douche.  How about @ Xavier and vs. Kansas State at a neutral court, Doug?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm no fan of his either.  He comes off as a pretentious, pompous, know it all who really doesn't know crap.  Really, w/the exception of Jay Bilas, they all seem like they're grasping at straws at one time or another.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Give me Herbstreit for football and Bilas for basketball.  Just one men shows and I'd be content for life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gogators503 said:

I read it before I read ours.  The laughs are non-stop.
The friggin CatsPause is an embarrassment, the 17 yr. old kool-aid drinking morons gather there to see who is going to make the first assinine thread of the day......it just goes downhill from there. The few sane UK fans get railroaded off the board for speaking the truth......the ones that don't drink the blue kool-aid, I consistently inform the clowns on there of how ignorant they are. It's a wonder that I've not been banned lol.
http:////ukathletics...ootball2_sm.jpg

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

[img]http://http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2251/joesnewlogobr4.jpg[/img]

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Friggin NCAA also cornholed Bama by leaving them out........no way anyone can tell me that several teams that got in were better than the Tide....just ain't no way. The NCAA has a vendetta against the SEC...yes, I believe that.
http:////ukathletics...ootball2_sm.jpg

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

[img]http://http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2251/joesnewlogobr4.jpg[/img]

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

UKat said:

The friggin CatsPause is an embarrassment, the 17 yr. old kool-aid drinking morons gather there to see who is going to make the first assinine thread of the day......it just goes downhill from there. The few sane UK fans get railroaded off the board for speaking the truth......the ones that don't drink the blue kool-aid, I consistently inform the clowns on there of how ignorant they are. It's a wonder that I've not been banned lol.

Hahahahaha!  I'm sure you guys know this- but most rival fans read that board just for the laughs.  It really is the most embarrassing of all rivals.com boards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

UKat said:

You do the smart thing and stick to the Lair.  I'm not as wise unfortunately.  I've made my share of jackass posts over there, and Lord knows over here.

We're well aware of opposite fans clowning on our board.  CatsPause is notorious for it's insanity.  There isn't a board out there that tops it.  Not one.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I forget who said it, but we probably are the most overseeded team in the tournament.

I don't care, I'll take a 2 seed in the easiest bracket any day!

But yes, that comment about the nonconference really pissed me off.
We have wins @ Xavier, @ Florida State, and on a neutral court against Kansas State.
Gottlieb is just whiny because he didn't predict anything right.

Also, out of teams seeded 3 or better, Florida has the best winning percentage against other tournament bound teams.

Go Gators!

leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

UF Alum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

I'm no fan of his either.  He comes off as a pretentious, pompous, know it all who really doesn't know crap.  Really, w/the exception of Jay Bilas, they all seem like they're grasping at straws at one time or another.

A funny story Kevin Frazier told about Gottlieb once:

Gottlieb apparently would run things at the Bristol YMCA. He was the superstar there. One day, Frazier talked then-ESPN analyst Greg Anthony into coming out and playing.

Gottlieb and his boys were talking all kinds of smack to Anthony before the game started. On the first play Gottlieb hit a mid-range jumper and everyone went crazy. They were all telling Anthony how he was gonna get lit up.

Frazier said he saw something in Anthony's eyes that showed something just clicked in his head. Anyway, Anthony went on to put on a clinic on how to play basketball. He hit Gottlieb with every technical move imaginable. He posted him up, crossed him over, took him to the hole, hit the 3, hit the mid-range shot, pump-faked for a foul. Everything.

On defense he completely shut Gottlieb down. Frazier said it was like aminor miracle if Gottlieb was able ti get the ball past half court. Anthony was stealing, blocking, trapping, rebounding, and basically doing anything possible on D.

In other words, he shut Gottlieb's punk ass up!

Just thought ya'll would enjoy that little tale...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks to TNCheckeredBoards for the sig!