Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Doug Gottlieb: "Florida didn't beat anybody in the non-conference"

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Want to rethink that, Doug?

Florida has 2 OOC wins against the RPI top 25 (Xavier and Kansas State).

Comparable 2 seeds:

San Diego State: 0 wins OOC against the RPI top 25
North Carolina: 1 win OOC against the RPI top 25 (Kentucky- who Florida played in conference)
Notre Dame: 1 win OOC against the RPI top 25 (Wisconsin)

So bash us all you want, but don't go after the whole "well they beat no one and the SEC sucked" argument.  Fact is, we beat as many top 25 RPI teams OOC as the other 3 2 seeds combined.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No offense to you guys, but the ONLY team that deserves to be a 2 seed that is one is Notre Dame.

Damn.....I'm not even gonna sleep tonight I'm so pissed off right now.
Posted Image

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

No offense to you guys, but the ONLY team that deserves to be a 2 seed that is one is Notre Dame.

I'm not going to disagree, it's your opinion.  I just hate Gottlieb bashing us as a 2 for some completely unfounded and untrue reason.  If you want to go after us losing to UK 2/3 or losing to 3 sub-100 teams, fine.  But don't make a baseless and unfounded attack.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Truth be told there's not a lot of difference between all of the 2-4 seeds.  As much as I hate Dook they deserve the #1 seed.  However, once again, they are rewarded w/the absolute weakest region, just like last year.  They give them this crap on a silver platter every damn year.  Ohio State is supposed to be the #1 overall seed, and yet, they have the likes of us, North Carolina, and Syracuse to look forward too.  Buckeye fans should be pissed too....if we play like we did through the SEC tournament against them, they won't beat us.  If we play like timid children like we did in T-town and Oxford, they will prison rape us.
Posted Image

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How Ohio State got that draw is beyond me.  We got an easier road to Houston than Ohio State did while Duke's road is laughable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They screwed the #1 overall seed again....just like last year.  The media let it slide last year...but after watching the post-"game" shows, it's clear something is going to be done about this.  Kentucky fans are already mass e-mailing Gene Smith
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

ND won't make it to the Sweet 16.
Posted Image

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

They screwed the #1 overall seed again....just like last year.  The media let it slide last year...but after watching the post-"game" shows, it's clear something is going to be done about this.  Kentucky fans are already mass e-mailing Gene Smith

Kentucky fans mass email like champs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gogators503 said:

Kentucky fans mass email like champs.

You watch the Kentucky-Mississippi State game w/the "skycam" earlier this season?  

It was gone by halftime.
Posted Image

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

You watch the Kentucky-Mississippi State game w/the "skycam" earlier this season?  

It was gone by halftime.

That I did.  I also frequently read Catspause.com.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

gatoraus

gatoraus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

It was gone by halftime.

The "skycam" was awful
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know I get a laugh out of TCP on a daily basis.  I can only imagine what it's like from an outsider's perspective.

If there's a crazier Rivals board in the nation....I haven't found it.
Posted Image

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

I know I get a laugh out of TCP on a daily basis.  I can only imagine what it's like from an outsider's perspective.

If there's a crazier Rivals board in the nation....I haven't found it.

I read it before I read ours.  The laughs are non-stop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's a madhouse over there right now.  I can be one of the nutjobs from time to time, but I'm at least aware of it.  Many of those fools aren't.   Serious ragging on the Gators right now.  I tried to explain that BYU is who we should be pissed off at, but it's hard to argue w/the logic that if one of UK or UF was going to get the 2 seed....it should have been us.

I just don't see it as Florida taking the 2 seed from us like many of them do.  Ya'll got handed a gift.  We just got screwed out of our deserved 3 seed....and I mean royally.  They really effed us on this one.  Carolina and Syracuse don't scare me....but we're going to have to get through Ohio State to play them.
Posted Image

gogators503

gogators503
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

It's a madhouse over there right now.  I can be one of the nutjobs from time to time, but I'm at least aware of it.  Many of those fools aren't.   Serious ragging on the Gators right now.  I tried to explain that BYU is who we should be pissed off at, but it's hard to argue w/the logic that if one of UK or UF was going to get the 2 seed....it should have been us.

I just don't see it as Florida taking the 2 seed from us like many of them do.  Ya'll got handed a gift.  We just got screwed out of our deserved 3 seed....and I mean royally.  They really effed us on this one.  Carolina and Syracuse don't scare me....but we're going to have to get through Ohio State to play them.

I love me some Catspause.  I went over there right when the bracket was announced and it was non-stop ROTFLOL.  But I agree entirely with you- the anger should be directed at BYU, not us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go
Gators!