Cyrus Kouandjio - Page 3 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Cyrus Kouandjio

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
308 replies to this topic

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

Of course it's not a positive for Auburn, but I also didn't say he was going to persuade his parents, he's going to explain his decisions to his parents. I hope one of our coaches can get a hold of him today.

If what you say is true then the AU coaches should have established a better relationship with the kids family - too little too late.  If Cyrus is seriously doubting that he made the right decision in his announcement as all news reports indicate then he just has to take time ro reaffirm the decision or to change it.

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

SECorBust said:

If what you say is true then the AU coaches should have established a better relationship with the kids family - too little too late.  If Cyrus is seriously doubting that he made the right decision in his announcement as all news reports indicate then he just has to take time ro reaffirm the decision or to change it.
I guess all I can do is hope then.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

SECorBust said:

To touch on this a little more, I do find it strange that Auburn preaches family but alienates some parents.

It's as if they know some tactics will not work, that's why this whole parent thing being talked about is funny, IMO.

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

To touch on this a little more, I do find it strange that Auburn preaches family but alienates some parents.

It's as if they know some tactics will not work, that's why this whole parent thing being talked about is funny, IMO.
We really didn't have time to recruit his family. We didn't think we had a legitimate shot with him until he put us in his top 5 a month ago and then we put the press on him.
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The father figured his sons   would be reuniting in college up until the moment Cyrus made his   nationally-televised announcement he was going to sign with Auburn.

"I told him to go with his  feeling. ... I thought that he was joining his brother at Alabama," Jean  Claude Kouandjio said.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

We really didn't have time to recruit his family. We didn't think we had a legitimate shot with him until he put us in his top 5 a month ago and then we put the press on him.

I understand that, but you can't sell a kid the world without his parent's consent. I just find it strange how he kept them out of the decision making process, almost as if it wasn't his idea.

His parents weren't American born however, just could be a different culture.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I love the fact some people talk "first hand" knowledge and its just speculation. Kettle meet pot.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

I understand that, but you can't sell a kid the world without his parent's consent. I just find it strange how he kept them out of the decision making process, almost as if it wasn't his idea.

You can, but it can turn real crappy for the kid if you get his support network all knotted up.  Ultimately until a kid decides that he doesn't care what his parents think and has gained enough independence to make it on his own he will look to his role models or parents/coaches for affirmation that his decisions are sound.

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Doesn't a letter of intent require a parent's signature if the player is a minor?

I'm just saying....

don't ask Newton, tho 'cause Cam don't know.

Edited by Noah.Dreams, 03 February 2011 - 11:02 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Son of a b!tch...Friday at the earliest now.

Cyrus Kouandjio still hasn't made a final decision on his college destination and is down to the University of Alabama, Auburn and Iowa as of this morning. The prospect's father told The Tuscaloosa News that there are no plans to make an announcement until Friday at the earliest.

"If he makes a decision today, you will have it tomorrow in the morning," Jean Claude Kouandjio, the father, said. "He's still confused. We keep talking with him, I don't think he's ready yet. He's the one that who wants more time."

There is no timetable for a final decision, Jean Claude Kouandjio said: "I'm hoping that it will be as soon as possible."

Kouandjio, the nation's top offensive tackle prospect and the No. 4-ranked overall prospect by Rivals.com, and his family discussed his options last night without coming to a decision. The prospect is in school today at DeMatha High in Hyattsville, Md., and will meet with his family again after classes in hopes of finalizing his collegiate plans.

Jean Claude Kouandjio said the family is hopeful that a decision can be reached and that Cyrus Koundjio will sign with one of the three schools on Friday.

Cyrus Kouandjio, brother of University of Alabama redshirt freshman lineman Arie Kouandjio, announced Wednesday on ESPNU that he would sign with Auburn, but quickly began having second thoughts. He never followed through with signing scholarship papers.

While Cyrus Kouandjio seemed to have narrowed his choices to Alabama and Auburn before the announcement, the father said Iowa is now in the mix.

"He's deciding between Alabama, Auburn and even Iowa," Jean Claude Kouandjio said. "It may even come back to Iowa. He's considering his options even more now. Those three (schools) have been floating in his mind"

The player's father said Wednesday evening that the family would vote on the matter later that night. The family meeting did not result in a decision, and Jean Claude Kouandjio said this morning that the matter would be tabled until after Cyrus returns from school today.

"He's at school today," the father said. "I told him to go to school, quiet his mind, forget about it ... and we will talk about it after school. He's not ready yet."

Kouandjio update: No announcement before Friday | TideSports.com

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Son of a b!tch...

Cyrus Kouandjio still hasn't made a final decision on his college destination and is down to the University of Alabama, Auburn and Iowa as of this morning. The prospect's father told The Tuscaloosa News that there are no plans to make an announcement until Friday at the earliest.

"If he makes a decision today, you will have it tomorrow in the morning," Jean Claude Kouandjio, the father, said. "He's still confused. We keep talking with him, I don't think he's ready yet. He's the one that who wants more time."

There is no timetable for a final decision, Jean Claude Kouandjio said: "I'm hoping that it will be as soon as possible."

Kouandjio, the nation's top offensive tackle prospect and the No. 4-ranked overall prospect by Rivals.com, and his family discussed his options last night without coming to a decision. The prospect is in school today at DeMatha High in Hyattsville, Md., and will meet with his family again after classes in hopes of finalizing his collegiate plans.

Jean Claude Kouandjio said the family is hopeful that a decision can be reached and that Cyrus Koundjio will sign with one of the three schools on Friday.

Cyrus Kouandjio, brother of University of Alabama redshirt freshman lineman Arie Kouandjio, announced Wednesday on ESPNU that he would sign with Auburn, but quickly began having second thoughts. He never followed through with signing scholarship papers.

While Cyrus Kouandjio seemed to have narrowed his choices to Alabama and Auburn before the announcement, the father said Iowa is now in the mix.

"He's deciding between Alabama, Auburn and even Iowa," Jean Claude Kouandjio said. "It may even come back to Iowa. He's considering his options even more now. Those three (schools) have been floating in his mind"

The player's father said Wednesday evening that the family would vote on the matter later that night. The family meeting did not result in a decision, and Jean Claude Kouandjio said this morning that the matter would be tabled until after Cyrus returns from school today.

"He's at school today," the father said. "I told him to go to school, quiet his mind, forget about it ... and we will talk about it after school. He's not ready yet."

Kouandjio update: No announcement before Friday | TideSports.com

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you think about all the ways a decision like this can impact your life, it makes it easy to see why he is having problems. It is hard for a kid his age to weigh all this. He is lucky he has parents who are very interested in the outcome, and want to help him find clarity. I would like to see a crimson and white finish on this, though. :laugh:
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Looking back on it, how awkward must Cyrus have felt to answer these questions? You can tell he's uncomfortable and that he didn't completely have his mind made up.

[video=youtube;TNTtoetvYnk][/video]

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

0-0 (0-0)

Next Game: vs. West Virginia Mountaineers

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For once, a kid's coach is actually on our side.
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Iowa is supposedly back in the picture, which is great if he wants to get to class like this...

Posted Image
Posted Image