Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Cyrus Kouandjio

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
308 replies to this topic

FloraBama

FloraBama
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

The light of NO playing time for years?

Apparently he isn't afraid to compete for a starting job. I don't see anything wrong with that.

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

FloraBama said:

Apparently he isn't afraid to compete for a starting job. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Me neither, I think he's a great football player, but so are Tana Patrick, CJ Mosley, Nico Johnson, Dont'e Hightower, Mark Barron, Robert Lester, Robby Green, Jarrick Williams, and Nick Perry.

Gonna be hard to find playing time on special teams, let alone defense.

I wish the kid luck, I hope he succeeds.

Edited by HFS, 03 February 2011 - 07:40 AM.

Posted Image

FloraBama

FloraBama
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

Me neither, I think he's a great football player, but so are Tana Patrick, CJ Mosley, Nico Johnson, Dont'e Hightower, Mark Barron, Robert Lester, Robby Green, Jarrick Williams, and Nick Perry.

Gonna be hard to find playing on special teams, let alone defense.

I wish the kid luck, I hope he succeeds.

You know who we have better than I do, but both Bama & Auburn have to keep "loading the wagon" so to speak every year in order to stay on top. That's just the way it is in the SEC.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So as the football fan obsessed over recruiting that I am, I was sitting there thinking about it last night.

Here's a kid that has been so cool and collected keeping everything close to his vest.  I'm thinking that maybe he has just been taking it all in rather than actively crossing off or noting things that suit him at each school.  I think he has doubts because he hasn't been weighing the criteria and he really knows deep down that that's what he has to do to make the decision.  Apparently he has not communicated everything to his parents.  He obviously values his family's guidance and decided (very late in the process) that he wanted to discuss his options with them.  One thing about Cam and Cecil is that they were able to examine what was important to Cam and make the decision based on tangible thing$ rather than mixed feelings.  

If Auburn does not land Cyrus I think it will be mainly Chizik's fault for not recruiting the parents along with the kid.  I don't think that the Kouandjios have the trust and relationship with the AU coaching staff that they have with Alabama's and that could be the difference.  Sure you commit to the school, but as talented as he is he has to consider the people that he expects to be preparing him for the next level.

Just what I'm thinking, I could be dead wrong, I just can't get it out of my head.  Anybody know the over and under for when he will decide?

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

SECorBust said:

So as the football fan obsessed over recruiting that I am, I was sitting there thinking about it last night.

Here's a kid that has been so cool and collected keeping everything close to his vest.  I'm thinking that maybe he has just been taking it all in rather than actively crossing off or noting things that suit him at each school.  I think he has doubts because he hasn't been weighing the criteria and he really knows deep down that that's what he has to do to make the decision.  Apparently he has not communicated everything to his parents.  He obviously values his family's guidance and decided (very late in the process) that he wanted to discuss his options with them.  One thing about Cam and Cecil is that they were able to examine what was important to Cam and make the decision based on tangible thing$ rather than mixed feelings.  

If Auburn does not land Cyrus I think it will be mainly Chizik's fault for not recruiting the parents along with the kid.  I don't think that the Kouandjios have the trust and relationship with the AU coaching staff that they have with Alabama's and that could be the difference.  Sure you commit to the school, but as talented as he is he has to consider the people that he expects to be preparing him for the next level.

Just what I'm thinking, I could be dead wrong, I just can't get it out of my head.  Anybody know the over and under for when he will decide?
He's supposed to decide today. I really believe that if CyKo sits down with his family and explains his decision to his parents, it will be Auburn.

He'll be our starting LT for three years and be a top 5 draft pick barring injury. It's not a bad choice.
Posted Image

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

FlyingEagle said:

I'll tell you one thing...after this I sure am glad we dropped the soft commit of Marcus Roberson, and went after the solid, and eager one from Whitehead.

efffffff Whitehead.

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bulldawg28 said:

efffffff Whitehead.

Aim your butthurt at Ole Miss, not us. You know the money was too much for Whitehead, CJ just spited you.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

From listening to the interview, it sounded like his father respected his decision, but wants him to sit down and explain the decision to him because they don't know much about Auburn. During the interview his dad said, "We want him to make his own decision", I don't think they're literally going to have a family vote, they're just going to go over his options again and I think he sticks with Auburn.

I really didn't see that at all. I saw a confused kid that wasn't sure of his decision, and not being sure definitely doesn't indicate he's going to sit down and "talk his parents into it".

From all indications, this is still a positive for Bama...not Auburn.

HFS said:

He's supposed to decide today. I really believe that if CyKo sits down with his family and explains his decision to his parents, it will be Auburn.

He'll be our starting LT for three years and be a top 5 draft pick barring injury. It's not a bad choice.

He could do the same at Alabama, who is to say he can't win the starting LT spot? It's open due to Caprenter leaving and Saban will always play the best available. We can lie and tell recruits that they're guaranteed a spot but we don't do that. We make them know they have to work for it and nothing is ever guaranteed, you have to EARN it.

That's why he said Nick Saban reminds him of his father, and that's why I believe he'll make the right choice today. If not, I can only wish him the best of luck in his success, because I'm sure he'll do fine.

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

I really didn't see that at all. I saw a confused kid that wasn't sure of his decision, and not being sure definitely doesn't indicate he's going to sit down and "talk his parents into it".

From all indications, this is still a positive for Bama...not Auburn.

Of course it's not a positive for Auburn, but I also didn't say he was going to persuade his parents, he's going to explain his decisions to his parents. I hope one of our coaches can get a hold of him today.

I also didn't say he's guaranteed a spot, we return two senior OT's with starting experience, but he is better than them right now. Alabama will have 2 great OT's on the bench if he goes there. Whether it's him, Arie, Fluker, or Douglas.
Posted Image

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

The longer this goes, the better it is for Alabama.

Sound familiar? :laugh:
2014 Football (3-2, 2-2)
10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GAMECOCK_FAN said:

The longer this goes, the better it is for Alabama.
I agree.
Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
[quote name='Tider27']He could do the same at Alabama, who is to say he can't win the starting LT spot? It's open due to Caprenter leaving and Saban will always play the best available. We can lie and tell recruits that they're guaranteed a spot but we don't do that. We make them know they have to work for it and nothing is ever guaranteed, you have to EARN it.
[QUOTE]

Saban will play the best players.  I can see him playing LT and Aaron Douglas being a guard or TE in the jumbo set.  We could line up and run a-la 2008 Alabama.

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm guessing no one knows what time he's announcing?

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HFS said:

Of course it's not a positive for Auburn, but I also didn't say he was going to persuade his parents, he's going to explain his decisions to his parents. I hope one of our coaches can get a hold of him today.

I also didn't say he's guaranteed a spot, we return two senior OT's with starting experience, but he is better than them right now. Alabama will have 2 great OT's on the bench if he goes there. Whether it's him, Arie, Fluker, or Douglas.

Well that's what is more than likely being assumed, I don't think he knows what he wants. Ultimately the parents are going to feel more comfortable with him at Alabama and I think he'll agree. From what most could tell, his decision was made in haste and literally looked spur of the moment. If Alabama and Auburn were neck and neck like that, it really could go either way.

True, I know he could win a spot at Auburn, but at Alabama it'll make him a better player to compete against better talent for a spot. We've already assured him that Arie will be at RT or at either guards, but some coaches have put it in his mind that's not the case. That's a whole other story and we're gonna keep this shat civil today haha.

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AUcarlton said:

I'm guessing no one knows what time he's announcing?
Today, that's all anyone knows.
Posted Image