Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Paintball

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

MCD

MCD

His initials are Boyd Crowder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There any other players here on the boards?  I quit for a few years but have just started getting back into it.

This is the 2010 National Collegiate Paintball Association Class A National Championship Tournament.  University of Florida and University of Tennessee are featured.
[video=youtube;WZdeTp1MoZc][/video]

I know UF, UT, UGA, Auburn, and USC have teams.

[video=youtube;uQrdWlF2i4E][/video]

[video=youtube;BtPNy13DRYw][/video]
Posted Image

gatoraus

gatoraus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The red haired kid at the 2:41 mark in the first video is my friend James Sutton. I never got too big into paintball, but had a lot of friends do it.
Posted Image

MCD

MCD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gatoraus said:

The red haired kid at the 2:41 mark in the first video is my friend James Sutton. I never got too big into paintball, but had a lot of friends do it.

Never got a chance to scrimmage with UF so I don't think I'd know him.  It's a helluva time man.  I can honestly say, there's no bigger adrenaline rush in football, baseball, or basketball as paintball.

Apparently, my school (Kennesaw State) is the highest ranked college team in the state of Georgia.  They invited me to come play with them but a) this is my last semester b) I just want to play with my old team c) even if I played with them, I would only get in about 2 events before I graduate.
Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I used to play.  Started playing tournaments but couldn't handle the scene.

If you want me to date the period in which I was playing, I used to shoot a Shocker Turbo.  If that tells you anything.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I never got deep into it.  In high school we played in the woods behind my neighborhood.  There'd be about 15-20 of us.  It was a damn fun time.  Played like twice out at my farm w/a group of friends....but there were 8 of us and it's 52 acres of property w/no real way to establish boundaries, especially since I'm the only one who knows the lay of the land.  Last month I played at a place in West Virginia.  Deep in the mountains....they had set this place up friggin sweet.  It was on the side of a mountain, about 20 acres, had buses, double wides, fortresses, tree ladders....friggin everything.  I just never had the time or money to get into it more seriously.  If you haven't played, it's damn fun.
Posted Image

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like woods paintball, but can't stand the speedball stuff. Woods paintball is about skill, blending in, and finding your opponent. Speedball is all about who's gun can shoot the fastest.

I'm back, :lanekiffin: ers.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They had a speedball course up there in West Virginia, but I had never seen one before, so I have no idea what it's about.

Off to Youtube to see what the story is....brb.

OK.....

[video=youtube;iS3_Cd1tzew][/video]

Well going by this guy.....I was playing on a combination woods/speed/hyperball course in WV, as it incorporated all 3 elements.  The course they said was a speedball course is actually an airball course.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I love playing woodball.  Speedball is cool, I'd just rather be the hunter/hunted

MCD

MCD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Bburton86 said:

I used to play.  Started playing tournaments but couldn't handle the scene.

If you want me to date the period in which I was playing, I used to shoot a Shocker Turbo.  If that tells you anything.

The good ol' Shoebox Shocker.  Those things were like lugging a cinder block around.  When I started playing again a month or so again, I was amazed at how light everything is now.

PuddingTime said:

I never got deep into it.  In high school we played in the woods behind my neighborhood.  There'd be about 15-20 of us.  It was a damn fun time.  Played like twice out at my farm w/a group of friends....but there were 8 of us and it's 52 acres of property w/no real way to establish boundaries, especially since I'm the only one who knows the lay of the land.  Last month I played at a place in West Virginia.  Deep in the mountains....they had set this place up friggin sweet.  It was on the side of a mountain, about 20 acres, had buses, double wides, fortresses, tree ladders....friggin everything.  I just never had the time or money to get into it more seriously.  If you haven't played, it's damn fun.

Sounds pretty damn sweet.  I'm not much for woodsball but if things are set up as you describe, it can be pretty fun.  

Sean said:

I like woods paintball, but can't stand the speedball stuff. Woods paintball is about skill, blending in, and finding your opponent. Speedball is all about who's gun can shoot the fastest.

Most tournaments have BPS (balls per second) caps on guns these days and a lot of fields have started renting electronic markers so the recreational player can keep up with the more experienced players.  In my opinion, with the limited BPS feature, speedball requires more gunskill, strategy, and teamwork.  To each their own though.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
electronic hoppers make things crazy lol.  It will kill your wallet too.  The only gun I have left feeds about 20 BPS but I don't own an electronic hopper so when I get down on it, I get about 3 blanks per ball fired

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Sean said:

Here too.

I started playing back in the late 80s, using a Splatmaster. Balls were a quarter each and the CO2 cartridges were 75¢ each and I could get about 15 good shots per each one. The gun had to be cocked for each ball. If you shot 40 balls in a game, you were really slinging them.
Posted Image

I played heavily until about 1998, when I just grew weary of it, plus with children, it was just too expensive. I had a Tippman 68 Special and Tippman Pro-Am with all the toys to go with them by then. The Pro-Am is still out in the shed out back, needing O-rings and the like, after 13 years of neglect. A basic rifle cost about $350, with tanks, hoppers, ported barrels and what-not extra.
Posted Image
The tank mounted at the bottom of the grip. It had a good cyclic rate for the time.

We played mostly scenerio woods games, with the occasional 24 hour game and night games. We played a "gentleman's game"- no refs. You were on your honor to play fair and call yourself if hit. If you didn't, you weren't asked to come back. We had several fields, with the main one being about 40 acres of woods, open fields, a heavily bunkered and trenched area and a speed-ball field, which was over looked by cliffs for the spectators. All fields had different colored boundary tape dividing the them so that they could be split up or combined as needed to accomodate the scenerio played. We averaged 20-50 people, with a few times having nearly 100.

We used land mines and hand grenades one intrepid group made a mortar that actually worked, but was a pain to load. We were actually 3-4 teams that played together or at other fields as our moods lead us.

One of our favorite games was one we called Iwo Jima. We had one group in a deep ravine that had to charge up a heavily wooded, semi-circular hill, with the other team on the top, behind a few rudimentary bunkers. If a team member on the top was hit, he was out, those climbing the hill, went back down, wiped the paint off and rejoined the game. Attacking members could be killed an unlimited number of times. We timed the team climbing the hill to see how long it took to plant a flag at the top, the swapped sides and timed the other team assaulting the hill. We also did the same thing, simulating a bridge crossing over a fairly good-sized creek. The bridge was a good 100 ft long concrete bridge on a rarely used dirt road and the water below was waist deep. It made for a good game in the summer when it was hot.

I would not mind playing again, but I am so out of shape it would be hilarious.

Edited by ShortyPrice, 15 January 2011 - 08:02 PM.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

MChaseD said:

The good ol' Shoebox Shocker. Those things were like lugging a cinder block around. When I started playing again a month or so again, I was amazed at how light everything is now.

The PMI-3 was a boat anchor. Back in the ealry 90s, it was a sought after weapon. I did not get one because of the weight, plus you could not put anything larger than a 12 oz tank on it.

Posted Image

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

MCD

MCD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I picked up an Invert Mini the other week for about half of what they retailed for when they were introduced three years ago.  Now I just need to buy a tank and mask again.
Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This thread encouraged me to go to warpig.com

bwahaha @that shit still being around.

MCD

MCD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Bburton86 said:

This thread encouraged me to go to warpig.com

bwahaha @that shit still being around.

Wowzers...I haven't even thought of that in years.
Posted Image