DeAndre McDaniel: Clemson Commit Considers Tide - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

DeAndre McDaniel: Clemson Commit Considers Tide

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Jordan

Jordan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Article from TideSports.com

DeAndre McDaniel:

Andrew Bone
December 18, 2005

Email this story.

Scout.com four-star safety was in Tuscaloosa for an official visit last weekend. The Clemson verbal commit talks about his visit with Alabama.

"The visit to Alabama went pretty good," said DeAndre McDaniel from Tallahassee-Godby. "I really had a great time. My host was Roy Upchurch. Roy is my former teammate, and we had a good time together. He introduced me to all the players. It was a lot of fun."

"The official visit definitely helped Alabama," McDaniel continued. "I didn't really know too much about them until my visit. Alabama is right up there with Clemson. Those are my top two schools."

The Alabama secondary was one of the best in the country with Roman Harper and Charlie Peprah as two of Alabama's leaders on defense. The Crimson Tide senior safeties will play their last game for the Tide January 2.

"One of the main reasons I am considering Alabama is their two safeties are graduating," McDaniel said. "I feel I could go in there and compete right away. The other reason I like Alabama is they have a winning program."

McDaniel learned a lot about the Alabama coaching staff during his official visit and shared, "The coaches are great. I really liked talking to all of them. They all seem like very nice guys. Coach [Mike] Shula is a real good guy. He talked to me for a while about being a part of the Alabama football team. Coach [Bob] Connelly is my recruiting coach. He has always been very straight up with me. He tells me everything I am suppose to know."

"Coach Connelly has visited the school a few times. Coach Shula came down to the school once. I don't know when they plan to come again. They have not made an in-home visit. They have only come to the school," McDaniel added.

The Clemson verbal commit has one official visit remaining on his schedule. Clemson will see him in January (1-13) and the parents are offering advice as well.

McDaniel said, "I am really not sure if I will visit anywhere else. I wasn't going to, but my dad really wants me to take all of my visits. I may visit Florida and Florida State."

When asked of his commitment to Clemson McDaniel replied, "I would say I'm a soft verbal right now. It's definitely going to be a signing day decision. It's going to be between Alabama and Clemson. It's going to be a tough decision."

"It's really close right now. They both have everything I like. Something is going to have to hit me. I plan to take another unofficial visit to Alabama before I make my decision."

McDaniel (6-1, 180) finished his senior season with 53 tackles, three interceptions and seven pass break-ups. He had 41 receptions for 691 yards and scored eight touchdowns.
-- Jordan

Posted Image

Jordan

Jordan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sounds like McDaniel is giving us some more serious thought now after his visit.  Would any of you SC fans be sad to see him break his verbal with Clemson? :p
-- Jordan

Posted Image

scfan5338

scfan5338
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Jordan said:

Sounds like McDaniel is giving us some more serious thought now after his visit.  Would any of you SC fans be sad to see him break his verbal with Clemson? :p

heck no!! TAKE HIM!!

RW13

RW13

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll be cheering the tide on this one, you Crimson fans keep us informed about this. RTR!!!!