Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Jermaine Whitehead

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

AU30MH

AU30MH
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What are you guys hearing about your 4*CB commit Jermaine Whitehead?

Is he solid to you guys and just visiting for fun or do you see him jumping ship.

I've heard and read in reliable places that he tried to commit to Auburn during his visit for the GA game and Auburn asked him to hold off. If this is true i wish we would have gone on and let him commit.  DB is obviously a huge need for us and he is a very talented player and he looks like Boobie Myles.  

I heard that Auburn would still likely take him later in the process and that he would gladly swap when Auburn was ready. Auburn asked him to wait because they didn't know how many DBs it could take 5 or 6? Auburn is looking to take 2 corners 2 safeties and 1 could play both for sure and possibly one more corner. I think Whitehead is that 6th guy.
CB1 - Jonathan Rose - AU commit - rated #3 CB in country by rivals
CB2 - Marcus Roberson - AU leads and has for a while, believed to be commiting at an All star game - rated #2 corner in country by rivals
S1 - Anthony Swain - AU commit - rated #30 S in country by rivals
S2 - Erique Florence - AU Leads (believed to be AU lock) - rated #3 S and #2 headhunter in country by rivals
CB/S - Robensen Therezie - AU leads (but far from over) - rated #18 S & #1 headhunter in country by rivals

Last secondary spot if available or if they don't land Therezie is Whitehead's is what i'm hearing. anyway I wasn't tryin to talk shit about stealing recruits or anything, just legitimately wandering what you guys are hearing and if what i'm hearing is true because I am a bit surprised we'd be telling such a good player to hold off even with the other talented guys on our board. Reguardless wherever he winds up someone is getting a damn good player.
Posted Image"I never miss a chance to see him in action. You never know when you're going to see something you've never seen before and never will again."
-George Brett (Kansas City Royals Hall of Fame third baseman) on teammate Bo Jackson

Bruce Dickinson

Bruce Dickinson
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AU30MH said:

What are you guys hearing about your 4*CB commit Jermaine Whitehead?

Is he solid to you guys and just visiting for fun or do you see him jumping ship.

I've heard and read in reliable places that he tried to commit to Auburn during his visit for the GA game and Auburn asked him to hold off. If this is true i wish we would have gone on and let him commit. DB is obviously a huge need for us and he is a very talented player and he looks like Boobie Myles.

I heard that Auburn would still likely take him later in the process and that he would gladly swap when Auburn was ready. Auburn asked him to wait because they didn't know how many DBs it could take 5 or 6? Auburn is looking to take 2 corners 2 safeties and 1 could play both for sure and possibly one more corner. I think Whitehead is that 6th guy.
CB1 - Jonathan Rose - AU commit - rated #3 CB in country by rivals
CB2 - Marcus Roberson - AU leads and has for a while, believed to be commiting at an All star game - rated #2 corner in country by rivals
S1 - Anthony Swain - AU commit - rated #30 S in country by rivals
S2 - Erique Florence - AU Leads (believed to be AU lock) - rated #3 S and #2 headhunter in country by rivals
CB/S - Robensen Therezie - AU leads (but far from over) - rated #18 S & #1 headhunter in country by rivals

Last secondary spot if available or if they don't land Therezie is Whitehead's is what i'm hearing. anyway I wasn't tryin to talk shit about stealing recruits or anything, just legitimately wandering what you guys are hearing and if what i'm hearing is true because I am a bit surprised we'd be telling such a good player to hold off even with the other talented guys on our board. Reguardless wherever he winds up someone is getting a damn good player.

I actually had a chance to talk with Jermaine recently (about a week and a half ago).  He said that he is about 95% sure he will be at State next year.  He said it would take something really crazy happening to make him change his mind.  He said that his relationship with most of our recruits, mainly CJ Johnson, Nick Brassell, Joe Morrow, and potentially Tobias Singleton, makes it really hard for him to leave the state.  He siad that those guys want to play together and do something that has never been done in the state of Mississippi.  He may have been paying lip service, but he seemed really sincere.  This recruiting class for MSU is remarkably tight off the field and that is the main reason State landed a commit from Brassell.

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't trust Auburn's recruiting, but Whitehead is supposedly extremely solid in his commit.
Posted Image

bulldawgfurry

bulldawgfurry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, I think he's ours. I read somewhere that he is going to take all his visits including Stanford so I wouldn't read to much into it. But he is an 18 yr old and like most 18 yr old kids I know, he may change his mind.

bulldawgfurry

bulldawgfurry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, I think he's ours. I read somewhere that he is going to take all his visits including Stanford so I wouldn't read to much into it. I was hoping we steal someone like L. Perkins away from you Aubies again :)

bulldawgfurry

bulldawgfurry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, I think he's ours. I read somewhere that he is going to take all his visits including Stanford so I wouldn't read to much into it. I am hoping we steal someone like L. Perkins away from you Aubies again  :) but since you guys are 12-0, highly unlikely this time around....

madnaz

madnaz

Where you hidin, Dan?

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm hoping he'll go with us. I think he's the first 4* star in a long, long time(probably ever) to come out of my hometown:drool:

AU30MH

AU30MH
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not too surprised to hear that. Thanks guys. I wish we could steal him away, he's a great player.  Not the end of the world as our secondary class looks to be very solid regardless especially at corner with Rose & likely Roberson.  You guys are putting together a pretty good class. I really like CJ Johnson, I think he'll be a good one.
Posted Image"I never miss a chance to see him in action. You never know when you're going to see something you've never seen before and never will again."
-George Brett (Kansas City Royals Hall of Fame third baseman) on teammate Bo Jackson

andrepg10

andrepg10
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He'll stick with Miss St. We're gonna get Rose (#3 CB) and Roberson (#2 CB), so it seems like playing time would be easier at Miss St anyways. And he seems to love State and all of their recruits are connected. They'll have a good class. Good luck to him
Posted Image

BhamDawg

BhamDawg

Ex-Militar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bluelightstar said:

I don't trust Auburn's recruiting, but Whitehead is supposedly extremely solid in his commit.

I like that this has so many subtle meanings in both sides of the sentence ;)

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AU30MH said:

Not too surprised to hear that. Thanks guys. I wish we could steal him away, he's a great player.

I really don't think that stealing Auburn recruiting go together.

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
btw....kid called and said he wants his haircut back:

:Posted Image
Posted Image