Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

This Has to Be Made Into The Painting for the 2010 Iron Bowl

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gotta be one of the coolest sports pics I've ever seen....

Posted Image
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't see the picture you are talking about, but imo the play of the game of the Iron Bowl wasn't Cam or Darvin Adams or any of the touchdowns...it was whoever chased Ingram downfield and popped the ball out, forcing a touchback. That's one of the best hustle plays the Iron Bowl has ever seen.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Never mind, now it came up. Good pic. Excuse me while I throw up.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That's the pic I posted... can you see it now?
Posted Image

Chalk

Chalk

I'll get inside your face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

UAdan said:

I don't see the picture you are talking about, but imo the play of the game of the Iron Bowl wasn't Cam or Darvin Adams or any of the touchdowns...it was whoever chased Ingram downfield and popped the ball out, forcing a touchback. That's one of the best hustle plays the Iron Bowl has ever seen.

Yeah, that's the pic in Vader's post.  It was a great play, but damn it made me sick.
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah it didn't show up at first for me but now it's there.

I was yelling at the TV the entire play...saw it coming from a mile away....but I can't fault Ingram for it. He was just trying to get as many yards as he could. It was just a great play by the Barner. George Teague-like.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And no offense to the Auburn fans here, so please don't take it the wrong way...I'm not degrading the success of your season by any means...

But when I saw that oval-shaped football bounce directly straight down the field for twenty freakin' yards, tightroping the sidelines like that...into the endzone for a safety...I just had a thought come into my mind, "How many teams that win the national championship have to get through the season on a few lucky bounces on plays like that?"

Goodness knows we did last year...Cody's blocked kicks, the no-call on Peterson's INT, McCoy getting hit at just the right angle to take him out of the game...fact is, you can't win it all without a break here and there...maybe AU is a team of destiny after all. That play seemed to define y'all's season. Not necessarily "lucky", but all-out effort and the perfect storm of fate to get you where you are.

It's a play I'll remember for a long time, for the wrong reasons.

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

UAdan said:

And no offense to the Auburn fans here, so please don't take it the wrong way...I'm not degrading the success of your season by any means...

But when I saw that oval-shaped football bounce directly straight down the field for twenty freakin' yards, tightroping the sidelines like that...into the endzone for a safety...I just had a thought come into my mind, "How many teams that win the national championship have to get through the season on a few lucky bounces on plays like that?"

Goodness knows we did last year...Cody's blocked kicks, the no-call on Peterson's INT, McCoy getting hit at just the right angle to take him out of the game...fact is, you can't win it all without a break here and there...maybe AU is a team of destiny after all. That play seemed to define y'all's season. Not necessarily "lucky", but all-out effort and the perfect storm of fate to get you where you are.

It's a play I'll remember for a long time, for the wrong reasons.

You're right and I can think of a number of other key plays that had to go one way or we'd not be in the NC or even SEC picture right now. In fact I'd go so far as to say Auburn has had more key turning point plays such as this than any other NC contender in the BCS era. I count at least 5 games where the differnce in winning and losing came down to one play.

Miss State
Clemson
South Carolina
Kentucky
Alabama
Posted Image

The Fishonater

The Fishonater

Jesus $aves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This was cumulating down our sideline, my friend was screaming for Mark to run and I was watching A.C. run like he stole somethin, he swung that arm back and somehow punched it to the end zone without it going O.B. (which I thought it had). It didn't seem possible that the ball rolled that way in a tight string like it did.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
God's will, i tell you. God's will