The Chicken Curse - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Chicken Curse

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Ralliartist

Ralliartist
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Chicken Curse: I am hereby proclaiming the Chicken Curse as being officially dead, six feet under, tucked away eternally in some morgue, never to return. It was a dark, powerful force in the realm of South Carolina athletics for longer than anybody cares to remember in that state. We’re talking inexplicable losses, one mediocre season after another, coaches coming and going and generally more heartbreak than one fan base should have to endure. But with the baseball team winning the national championship in June and the football team going to its first SEC championship game in history, that dreaded curse has been purged forever. May it burn in you know where.

Hot and Not in the SEC: Week 12 - SEC Blog - ESPN
S. Carolina Dirty Birds = Back to Back 2010/2011 CWS National Champions, 2010 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
Keeping another title in the SEC!
Posted Image

ALECOCK

ALECOCK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll be sure to bump this when we lose out

CrimsonWarrior

CrimsonWarrior

Auburn sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

ALECOCK said:

So optimistic...
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A NC in baseball and a SECCG appearance in football, pretty damn good year to be a Cock.

Posted Image

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

A NC in baseball and a SECCG appearance in football, pretty damn good year to be a Cock.

And who knows, we could even win the SEC Championship. At least now we are in the game, the rest will be up to the team.

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

ALECOCK said:

I smell taters.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

Sour Diezel

Sour Diezel

Alleluia Dominus Deus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd love to think the curse is dead, however, it may take beating Auburn in the SECCG(damn it feels good to type that! lol) to fully 100% convince me that it truly is.

Of course before we start talking AU, we still need the Cocks to beat the brakes off of Troy and cLIMPson, keep that positive momentum going heading into December.
Original Image: <a href='http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QRUG23ZNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://ecx.images-am...L500_AA300_.jpg</a>

ALECOCK

ALECOCK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

I smell taters.

Come'on bro, "taters"? You sound like a giant D-bag when you say stuff like that.  The whole coots/taters thing should embarass both fanbases.

GetEmGamecocks

GetEmGamecocks
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
^Now you are exposed as a tater

I never did believe in the 'chicken curse'. I think it should be called 'we sucked', but that is PAST TENSE!

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ahem..Finebaum?

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

ALECOCK said:

Come'on bro, "taters"? You sound like a giant D-bag when you say stuff like that.  The whole coots/taters thing should embarass both fanbases.

Shouldn't you be on an ACC site?
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When you're 5-5 and staring at the Meineke Car Care Bowl at best, I guess you have nothing better to do than impersonate a Carolina fan to try and bring us down.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

ALECOCK said:

speaking of d-bag, do you realize what you sound like when you come into a thread that is meant to throw off the "chicken curse" and you make a post that essentially claims the curse is still alive?

only d-bags believe in something as ridiculous as a "curse"

you are an embarrassment to our fanbase...assuming you're actually a gamecock fan, which judging from your posts- is in serious doubt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I heard a chicken crow this morning. Dam strange kind of crow too. I don't know how those two mated to get that.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Poppycock

Poppycock
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What curse??
University of South Carolina men's soccer team won USA division Championship Sunday.  They are now the number 7th seed in the nation in the National Tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I think when the Alabama and Miami jobs opened up, and my name was rumored with them, it sent a wonderful message that I love it here," Spurrier said. "Right after that happened, I got a one-year extension and raise at South Carolina. I think this is as good of a place as anywhere in the country to be a college football coach and I'm going to be here."  Steve Spurrier, 2007