Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Bob Fulton passes away today- Voice of the Gamecocks

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just heard on the radio that long time voice of the Gamecocks, Bob Fulton passed away today. I was listening to a program hosted in part by George Rogers and he was touched by the news, saying "he made me what I am" More to follow.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah I just heard about it on the game.

Prayers for his family. Gamecock nation will miss him.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A great Gamecock. Prayers to his family...

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
More on Bob Fulton

Gamecocks Mourn Passing of Bob Fulton

Voice of the Gamecocks For Over 40 Years Dies at His Home

Nov. 3, 2010

Bob Fulton, legendary voice of the South Carolina Gamecocks, died today at his home in Lexington, S.C. at the age of 89.

Fulton retired in 1995 after 43 years as the radio voice of the Gamecocks, announcing thousands of Carolina football, basketball and baseball games during that time. His tenure with the Gamecocks was the fourth-longest among NCAA Division I broadcasters with one school at the time of his retirement.

"We are saddened to learn of the passing of Bob Fulton," said South Carolina Athletics Director Eric Hyman. "Bob left an indelible mark on thousands of fans who listened to his distinctive voice describing Gamecock football, basketball and baseball for years and years. A virtual walking encyclopedia of Gamecock Athletics, Bob had the unique ability to recall events and tell a story of the memorable moments in Carolina history. He will always be regarded by the Gamecock Nation as "The Voice."

Fulton was an eight-time selection as the state of South Carolina's "Sportscaster of the Year." In 1990 he became the first non-coach or athlete to be inducted into the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame and in 1993 was inducted into the University of South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame. In 1994 he received the state's highest award, The Order of the Palmetto, from Governor Carroll Campbell.

"It is the passing of a legend," said head baseball coach Ray Tanner. "I am grateful for the time I spent with him, talking baseball and hearing stories of Carolina past. Bob Fulton is synonymous with Gamecock Athletics and our thoughts and prayers are with his family during this time. He will always be the Voice of the Gamecocks."

"When you hear Bob Fulton's name - you think Gamecocks," said longtime Carolina men's soccer coach Mark Berson. "Bob's resonant tones and descriptions of Gamecock athletic events have been Gamecock Nation's window to the world for a generation. His name is truly one and the same with the University of South Carolina. We have lost one of our truly great ones."

Fulton, a native of Ridley Park, Pa., is survived by two daughters, Nancy and Robin, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, according to The State newspaper.

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I remember listening to him when I was a kid. Gamecock legend.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I remember when Cawood Ledford passed.  Condolences guys.  It may seem arbitrary, but a great announcer makes you really feel like you know him in some way, y'know?
Posted Image

CockSpurrier

CockSpurrier

Master of Baiting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's a HIGH SPIRaling kick.... RIP Bob...
[SIGPIC]
OakCycle.jpg
[/SIGPIC]