Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Kentucky vs. Akron Highlights

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

catfan52

catfan52
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
SEC VIDEO > Akron vs Kentucky Sept 18, 2010
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Figure I'll post John Clay's article from this morning's paper here, instead of makin another thread:

'Big boy' question looms over UK | KentuckySports.com

'Big boy' question looms over UK
John Clay / Herald-Leader Sports Columnist

After an opening-week laugher, and with a tough opponent on the horizon, one SEC coach said it was time for some "big-boy" football.

For Kentucky, now it's time for some big-boy football.

Little Brother Louisville was vanquished on start-up Saturday when the Cats beat the Cardinals. Still-winless Western Kentucky wilted last Saturday when Joker Phillips' Cats trounced the Toppers at Commonwealth.

Then Saturday night, Kentucky overcame a sluggish start to finally, as expected, zip past Akron 47-10 at Commonwealth Stadium.

The Cats answered a few questions, chief among them being could they stop the run against even a bad team?

Answer, yes. Akron is a bad team, now 0-3, and having lost to Gardner-Webb last week. But the Zips could run the ball. They boasted two 100-yard rushers in the loss to G-W.

Not against Kentucky, however. Through three quarters, the Zips had just 22 yards on 29 carries.

Next question: Could UK quarterback Mike Hartline stay efficient? Yes. The senior completed 21 of 29 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns. Three starts this season for Hartline. No interceptions. That's what you want.

Third question: Would UK's special teams improve? For the most part. Kickoff coverage was better. New place-kicker Craig McIntosh kicked field goals of 32 and 33 yards. Alas, he missed an extra point.

Burning question: How good is this 3-0 Kentucky team?

Answer forthcoming. Next up is a trip to face the Swamp People. Florida is on the docket. Location: Gainesville. Remember, the Cats haven't beaten the Gators in the Sunshine State since 1979. They haven't bested the Gators anywhere since 1986.

"Coach (Jerry) Claiborne used to say like five seconds into stretching, 'Now we start,'" said Phillips. "Now we start. Conference play starts. It's going to be one of those battles where you can't relax, you can't sleepwalk."

True, this isn't the Florida of Tim Tebow and Brandon Spikes. (Or, anymore, Chris Rainey.) But it is the Florida of Urban Meyer, great recruits, and a win at Tennessee on Saturday to improve to 3-0 overall, 1-0 in the league. As always, the Gators are talented, but this group is particularly young.

And as for the SEC East, call the year so far peculiar. Georgia dropped to 0-2 in the league on Saturday in heartbreaking fashion, the Dogs losing to the Hogs of Arkansas on a 40-yard pass with 15 seconds left. Georgia Coach Mark Richt may not be on the hot seat, but it is warm.

Then there's Tennessee, now 1-2 overall after back-to-back losses at Neyland Stadium. (It was Derek Dooley who made the "big-boy" statement.) The Vols hung with the Gators for a spell on Saturday, but had neither the skill nor the moxy to pull off the upset. Those black clouds hanging over Rocky Top aren't parting any time soon.

The East's biggest surprise on Saturday was Vanderbilt going into Oxford, Miss., and knocking off the Rebels 28-14. Ole Miss is way beatable, of course. Jacksonville State proved that. But after a punchless loss to LSU, Vanderbilt did not appear capable of a conference road win, no matter the venue.

South Carolina has been the East's most impressive team thus far, thanks to an air-tight defense and a freshman back who knocks you back in Marcus Lattimore. Will be interesting to see if Steve Spurrier can avoid the fade pattern the Gamecocks have run in recent years.

By the numbers, UK has been the division's most impressive team. We all know that numbers can be manipulated, however. The important numbers here are Sagarin numbers. Heading into Saturday's play, Sagarin's computer had Louisville ranked 93rd, Western Kentucky 136th and Akron 194th.

"One of the things that I like is that we got to play a lot of people, lot of good young players that we are going to count on," Phillips said.

Sagarin had Florida rated fourth.

Says here, Kentucky has a shot at The Swamp. Not a great shot, but still a shot. The Cats are not nearly the long shot as in past years.

After the trip to The Swamp, Phillips' club plays at Ole Miss, then returns home for games with Auburn, South Carolina and Georgia.

That's big-boy football.

And that's how you answer the real question: Just how good are these Cats?
Reach John Clay at (859) 231-3226 or 1-800-950-6397, ext. 3226, or jclay@herald-leader.com. Read his blog at Kentucky.com.

Posted Image

uplidlydammah

uplidlydammah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GamesWooW.com it`s a new website of dress up games who wants to offer you best online games that are on the internet . We will update our database with girl games in  every day and we hope to have many online games what you really need. On GamesWooW.com you can play online dress up games and cooking games every time. Have  fun , and remember , gamesWooW.com your girl games online daily source. Game and his role in child development

uplidlydammah

uplidlydammah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I have never said slavery was moral i said it sounds to me like it is according to the bible which is waht the South was basing it on. And no I don't want to be chained up and beat but if you read the bible verse it says for the servant(slave) to obey his master it does not say for the master to beat and torture their slaves if a master did that he wa wrong. i am talking about servants and slaves being treated in a reasonable manner, like some slaves were according to this bible verse. I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth, so I'll put them there my self, yes I believe slavery can be moral not that it always was or is, that is a different thing. This post was intended to show where the Southerners got their moral rights to slavery jocuri cu motociclete

uplidlydammah

uplidlydammah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GamesWooW.com it`s a new website of dress up games who wants to offer you best online games that are on the internet . We will update our database with girl games in  every day and we hope to have many online games what you really need. On GamesWooW.com you can play online dress up games and cooking games every time. Have  fun , and remember , gamesWooW.com your girl games online daily source. Game and his role in child development

uplidlydammah

uplidlydammah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

For adult men, the game feels good, fun, fun, especially contributing to reenergizarea. Decisive contribution to the annulment and fatigue, as in this case an element of  psychotherapy.jocuri  3d                                      
For children, play often involves, besides the nervous consumption even the simplest games, and exercise, unlike adults where it is entirely missing. We often see kids  playing football, cycling or walking, not playing backgammon or chess on a bench in a quiet place as adults usually do.                                      
Some games are difficult, others are simple. Depending on age and ability of understanding and action, children show different preferences for the game, as the transition  from one stage to another mental development. Your toddler tends to participate in the big games, but often fails to incorporate the conditions imposed by the game. A child  with a stronger personality does not resign, but efforts to cope. Others, with a weaker personality, quit, telling his <<Ei are mari…eu are mic….>>. For older children easy  games not of interest, because it enables them to train, to show off their power game with their colleagues.                                      
There are several things to note: first, the game strengthens a child physically, print them taste performance and the means to achieve them. Secondly, the game creates  skills for teamwork, to synchronize their actions with others, in order to achieve a common goal. A third, the game causes a good mood, the humor, giving the man the  opportunity to look for one for all others and have fun, like giving more zest for life.

uplidlydammah

uplidlydammah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

David Icke is definitely helping to awaken the masses and I truly am grateful for his efforts, however he is not infallible, and people should have the freedom to criticize him.                              
Of course others are free to disagree with what others say, but if we are all campaigning for freedom of speech, then we should allow others to have the same right, even when, in fact especially when they disagree with what we think.                              
We all know democracy is a fallacy; however we should at least uphold the principles behind it if that’s what we stand for, i.e. equality and freedom for all.                              
Here is what Ivan Fraser said regarding Icke:                              
"My own role in the Biggest Secret saga was that I was asked by David to help him check spelling and offer any further information to his initial draft of the book.                              
It was following my input that David was introduced to Arizona and heard her revelations, which subsequently became a focal point within the book and used as ‘evidence’ to support various themes outlined therein.                              
Having discussed my concerns with David’s wife and having sent David e-mails outlining my concerns over errors in his book and a feeling I have that he has been set up with misinformation and been the target of psychic manipulation, over a period from before publication to very recently (September 1999), and as yet having absolutely no feedback from David about any of the major concerns, I decided to publish my findings at the David Icke website forum.                              
Consequently, I was banned from attending that forum by David Icke."                              
Now I don’t know how much of this is true, however if it is, this is absolutely disgraceful.                              
The moderators on this forum should be ashamed of themselves.                              
How dare they censor others when they too demand the right to be heard?                              
I have had several threads shut down myself regarding the "DAVID ICKE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND" which despite several communications with forum moderators, I am still highly suspect of. We were told we would hear the full story one day, and so far have been told nothing.                              
I personally donated over L100 to this cause, and I feel that I, as well as everybody else who donated to the fund, deserve a full explanation of what happened.                              
Here is what I found on Google regarding the defense fund.                              
"Icke claimed via his website that Richard Warman (from Canada) was filing a lawsuit against him, because of what David Icke had written about him in one of his books (Children of the Matrix), David was asking people to donate money to his Legal Defense Fund during this time period.                              
Eventually he removed the donation pages from his website, but never announced the outcome of the 'court case'. Did Richard Warman withdraw his threat to take David to court, or did he go ahead with it?                              
That in a nutshell was what I politely asked via his forum.                              
The next day, not only was my post removed from the forum, but my username was totally deleted.                              
It's laughable.                              
Since then, there has been another court case involving 'Royal Adams', a person, who we are told, used to work closely with David Icke."                              
Now, a couple of years back I opened a forum regarding the first case, within minutes I had 50+ responses from people in agreement.                              
An hour later, the thread was closed down.                              
Why?jocuri cu motociclete                              
I also received personal message from 6 other individuals saying that their threads on the same subject had also been shut down; in fact one member said he was never going to use the David Icke forum again and I have never seen or heard from him again.                              
Recently, I opened another thread on the same subject, which was closed within minutes.                              
I spoke to the moderator who said that this had been discussed in detail before and that there was no need to reopen it.                              
He also said that there were so many people criticizing and pointing accusations at David Icke, that this would only add fuel to the fire.                              
Now that’s fair enough, but I still argue my right to be heard.

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Someone is about to flex their pimp hand.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I need a Tylenol.