have you ever experienced paranormal activity yourself? - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

have you ever experienced paranormal activity yourself?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RammaJamma said:

I was always told growing up and maybe it was wrong but..If you died and went to Heaven there was noway you would wanna come back. If you died and went to Hell there was noway you could come back.

Sharing a little personal info but my ex wife is diagnosed bipolar, schizophrenic, manic depressant draws a check and stays in and out of units all the time. I'm talking about a beautiful woman who had schollys and graduated most likely to succeed made 29 on the ACT. The mind is a VERY powerful thing that most people don't have a clue about. Your imagination can make you hear things, see things, etc. that nobody could convince you differently of.

I understand your point on the mind being able to play tricks on you. However, what happened in my old house took place over 30 years and affected most of the people who spent any amount of time in that house. Many, actually most, had no idea there was anything out of the norm with the house when they saw, felt, or heard what went on in there.

Plus there is the matter of how pictures would be removed from the walls and arranged on the floor. Or the nights I'd lay in bed listening to drawers & doors opening & closing (quite loudly, btw) for what seemed like hours. Some nights, instead of the drawers, they'd open a closet and simply push clothes back and forth along the rack, almost like they were looking for something to wear. There were things that went on in that house that cannot be explained by simple tricks of the mind.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Vader said:

I understand your point on the mind being able to play tricks on you. However, what happened in my old house took place over 30 years and affected most of the people who spent any amount of time in that house. Many, actually most, had no idea there was anything out of the norm with the house when they saw, felt, or heard what went on in there.

Plus there is the matter of how pictures would be removed from the walls and arranged on the floor. Or the nights I'd lay in bed listening to drawers & doors opening & closing (quite loudly, btw) for what seemed like hours. Some nights, instead of the drawers, they'd open a closet and simply push clothes back and forth along the rack, almost like they were looking for something to wear. There were things that went on in that house that cannot be explained by simple tricks of the mind.

Have you ever watched Ghost Hunter, Paranormal whatever or any of those shows? They always have weird things happen but never really any solid evidence that couldn't be explained. I'm not denying what your experience is in any way though.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RammaJamma said:

Have you ever watched Ghost Hunter, Paranormal whatever or any of those shows? They always have weird things happen but never really any solid evidence that couldn't be explained. I'm not denying what your experience is in any way though.

Yeah, I've watched a few times. But after living in that house most of my life, those shows really don't imprress me.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Vader said:

Clak is right. I've seen more than my fair share. Now I'll start off by saying that anyone is free to believe or not believe what I'm about to post. Below is the contensts of how I told my story to Rbzilla a few days ago via PM.......

Ok. Here is the low down. The house I'm talking about has been in my family since it was built in 1962. The land it was built on has been in my family since sometime before or around the Civil War. Anyway, the house was built by my grandparents on my mother's side. They lived there with my mom (she was a kid at the time) her brother, and their grandparents.

About a year or so after the house was built, both grand parents died within a few months of each other. As was pretty common at that time, both funerals were held there at the house. It was within a few days of my great-grandmother's death that the stuff started. It was mostly walking in the hallway. The house has hardwood floors so you can clearly hear walking. She still walks that hall today and sometimes she will run and even remove things from the walls. I say remove because we've woke up before to find all the pictures that were hung in the hallway laying arranged on the floor in an orderly fashion. No way they could have simply fell.

The second ghost to haunt the house was my own mother. She was killed in a car accident along with her husband (my father) and her brother. This happened two weeks after my 1st birthday so I don't remember any of them. She does not do much, but every so often she will be seen standing, never says anything. She just stands there and does not even seem to notice you are there. She is wearing a white dress with red roses.

The third ghost to haunt the house is my grandmother. She raised me and my brother after our parents were killed. She died in 1988. I was 14 at the time so we went to live with relatives. I moved back in the house in 1992. Not long after she started appearing. I've never seen her, only heard her. Other have seen her, my ex-wife who never met her, woke me up one night screaming. She said she woke up and saw an old woman walk in the room. The old woman walked over to her side of the bed and told her that if she brought a child in the marriage, she would take it. The woman then turned and walked through the closet door. Another time my brother was spending the night and claimed that he rolled over in the bed and saw her standing at his bedroom door motioning for him to come to her. He said she never said anything and simply walked away after a few seconds. As for me, my experience with her was once when I walked into my bedroom and hear what sounded like a low sobbing sound coming from my bedroom closet. I was too big of a pus to go open the door. I'm not 100% sure it was actually her, but I think it probably was.

The fourth ghost, is one that I have no idea who it could be. I've never seen them, never heard them say anything, but they act differently than the others. This one will move things around, open and close doors & drawers, sometimes even throw them on the floor. Many time I'd have people over to and they would tell me that at night they had a very strong feeling that someone was watching them, even people who had no idea what was going on in the house. I think it was this ghost doing it.

One odd thing about all of them is they seem to really go f**king nuts on the night of September 27 every year. I have no idea why, this date means nothing to my family as far as I can tell but it means something to them for some reason.

Stories like yours make me believe a little bit more.......All ghost "acitivity" seems to follow a general pattern. A.K.A The one you laid out.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ya'll hear that ????
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

1dawgfan09 said:

Stories like yours make me believe a little bit more.......All ghost "acitivity" seems to follow a general pattern. A.K.A The one you laid out.

What you read was a very condensed version of a very long story. And it's only my portion of the much larger story. As I said, other people, had many other things happen, some years before I was even born.

One thing I never understood was why this house was haunted by three generations of women from my family, plus one other suspected ghost as well. With my mother I suspect it might be that she died unexpectedly when she still had two babies to care for. The same could be said of my grandmother since we were still basically kids when she died as well. As for my great-grandmother, I have no clue.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't really believe in ghosts/demos but my mother used to work at an Outback in downtown Savannah (one of the more haunted places in the US) and she insists that there was a ghost that was a confederate soldier that tried to trip anybody walking up or down some stairway and he'd then chuckle at the victim. She says everybody who has worked there has had experiences with him...
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

I don't really believe in ghosts/demos but my mother used to work at an Outback in downtown Savannah (one of the more haunted places in the US) and she insists that there was a ghost that was a confederate soldier that tried to trip anybody walking up or down some stairway and he'd then chuckle at the victim. She says everybody who has worked there has had experiences with him...

TRB, have you ever been to the Marine Hospital in Savannah?  Isn't it supposed to be one of the most haunted places in the southeast

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GoldenRebel said:

TRB, have you ever been to the Marine Hospital in Savannah?  Isn't it supposed to be one of the most haunted places in the southeast

I don't think I've been there... there are so many allegedly haunted places in Savannah though. I've not experienced anything like that, though I admit I haven't exactly gone out to any of these really haunted places here.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've never personally experienced anything, but I do believe in some sort of paranormal activity.  From my Christian perspective, I have to think it's probably demonic (or maybe angelic).  But my sweet grandmother who died 2 years ago always told me vivid stories of appearances at her house.  She was the kind of woman who would call me a few mornings a week saying that she had been up all night praying for me.  She would tell the truth, even if it hurt someone, in the most meek and humble way.  Basically, it's hard to imagine her making anything up or lying at all.  She was also very mentally stable until her later years.  And to corroborate even further, my grandfather was lucid until his death and they claim seeing several spirits at the same time.

There never really seemed to be very scary appearances at their house.  They were very religious, so they would pray for hours for people.  More than once, they told me about children in their church that died of various illnesses...my grandparents would pray for hours for the family and for the child's soul.  Then, within a few days, the child would appear in their hallway.  The spirits never said anything, but just seemed to want to convey the message that everything was alright.

So yeah, I think mental illness, overactive imaginations, alcohol, etc. are responsible for most ghost stories.  But I just can't discount the stories my grandparents told me.
Posted Image

ThunderReb

ThunderReb
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This would be the only paranormal activity I've seen to date, but I DO believe:

As a kid, every summer I attended a church camp....you know, the norm, sports during the day, chasing girls around all week with devotion periods at night.  When I was 14 and on one devotion night during camp (Wednesday, I believe); I was sitting with my "girlfriend" for the week on the first row when a young guy about my same age and about 160 or so pounds ran full speed yelling and spitting up the middle aisle and fell face-first on the preacher's podium.  Several of the experienced adults and counselors were pastors from diffrent areas of the state and southeast so they obviously saw pretty quickly what it was.  This kid was thrashing about and spitting and speaking some language i had never heard at the time but came to find out that he was speaking a mixture of Hebrew at times with Italian mixed in.  Immediately, these "experienced" adults lept atop this kid...he was still thrashing and yelling while spitting on everyone within shot.  Again, i was in the first row and saw and heard all this........this kid was possessed by a demon or demons.  He threw these MEN off of him like they were nothing more than pillows, but they kept trying to pin this kid's arms and legs to the floor of the raised platform.  The struggle went on for at least 5 minutes or so...when the kid would throw two guys off his left arm like nothing he would then sling others off his left leg that had two or three adults on...but each time the adults would just jump right back on the limb, while sometimes taking shots or kicks to the face.  Finally, a little small man dressed in a suit if i remember correctly (I remember him as being a guest prescher or something from a different state) reached atop the podium and removed the speaker's Bible.  He simply plopped it straight down atop this kid's forehead........he went limp in all extremities like he had just been drugged or something....yet he could still talk in this language.  Since i thought everything was calming down a bit (counselors in the back were beginning to herd the kids from their cabins out the back doors) i stood and walked the 6-8 feet to the podium area to peer over the backs of the guys that had been holding him down just to get a look and just as the dude with the Bible began to ask the kid questions (or demon). This is what i heard and i cannot ever forget it:
Preacher dude: "Who are you?"
kid/demon: (in a gnarly, guttural voice) "We are many!"

Preacher: "Why are you here?"
kid: "For the souls of your chidren!"

Preacher: "What is your name?"
kid: "We have many names!"

The kid again tried to struggle but the weight of the Bible kept him down and he was sweating and panting alot like a dog does.

Preacher: "Why this child?"
kid: "Because he was easy!"

Preacher: "He is not yours!"
kid: "He is ours and we will not leave!"  And this is what GOT me......this kid looked directly AT me while I was watching from over this big, fat preacher dude at his lfeet and said directly into my eyes,
"You are next!"

I just kinda backed away slowly and I'm sure I looked pretty spooked.......

I had backed away about ten feet or so and I heard one of the preacher's say something like, "In the name of Jesus, I cast you from this boy!!!!!!"  and this kid started vomitting all over himself and those adults kind of dragged him into a back room and off to the side that is used for baptism changing and such......I think i stood there in shock for awhile before my girlfriend of the week grabbed me by the hand and kindof pulled me out the back of the auditorium.  We didn't see the kid again for the next two days.

Sorry so long but that's what happened.....just like angels are real...so are demons.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Holy!

gatoraus

gatoraus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My mom has a pretty good ghost story. When I was just a newborn, her and my dad were sleeping in their bed. She woke up in the middle of the night and said there was a lady standing at the foot of the bed in a dress and high heels. She said that the lady had noticeably big calves. Anyways, she freaked out and turned to my dad to wake him up and when he did there was nothing there. The next day she contacted the people she bought the house from and the guy said his mom died in the house and that she had big calves from always wearing high heels.

Kinda freaky sh*t and made me think there is stuff that goes on out there.
Posted Image

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I dont know how some of you sleep at night with those stories. The one with the demon kid, I would have passed out on the spot.
Posted Image

timNem

timNem

I Need A Squeegee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

my gf said that just last saturday nite as she was in my bedroom standing by the bed that a warm breathy voice on her neck told her she was very attractive.....she thought it was me, turned around to find no one

im pretty good at throwing my voice from a closet
Posted Image