Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Jarrett Lee has a legit chance of starting

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This news is extremely exciting. All reports out of spring practice indicate Lee has been the best by far. Chris Low says he thinks Lee has a very good chance of being the starter. Miles has said hes not counting Lee out. Those of you getting all excited, dont be. Lee is a good QB and we have WR's this year that care and dont give up on routes like Byrd. Hopefully Lee can take what he does in practice and transfer it to the game. Make your sarcastic remarks because Lee has all the tools to get it done but lets hope the fan base is open too it.
Posted Image

Robzilla

Robzilla

Do you feel like we do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just hope you guys don't throw bottles of piss at him when he fails you.

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Robzilla said:

I just hope you guys don't throw bottles of piss at him when he fails you.

FWIW it wouldnt surprise me. Some fans think Jefferson is the second coming of christ when hes proven to at times be a liability. Miles gets a ton of heat for the Ole Miss game but Jefferson deserves just as much.

1) Hes the QB he has to realize he doesnt have enough time to spike but hes not the brightest crayon in the box.

2) He took a huge sack when he should have just thrown the ball away.

Even when he makes a good choice to throw it out he gets booed. The fans will be on of his biggest challenges. Hopefully there are others like me that still lie him and want him to get another shot.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Eh...Was it him or Hatch that went down against Auburn in '08 with the head injury?
Posted Image

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

1dawgfan09 said:

Eh...Was it him or Hatch that went down against Auburn in '08 with the head injury?

Hatch, Lee was the one that led the comeback
Posted Image

Robzilla

Robzilla

Do you feel like we do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah there's obviously been a lot of trust issues between Lee and the fanbase.  If this happens, a lot of LSU fans will be ready to hang Miles without even giving Lee a chance.  I can't imagine how it is to go out there for the team you love in your own school and get booed off the field numerous occasions.  Lee wasn't ready to take that starting job as a true freshman back then and it really hurt him.  But he's a junior now and maybe he can turn it around but the fans have got to get behind him.  This is still a kid we're talking about here.

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Robzilla said:

Yeah there's obviously been a lot of trust issues between Lee and the fanbase.  If this happens, a lot of LSU fans will be ready to hang Miles without even giving Lee a chance.  I can't imagine how it is to go out there for the team you love in your own school and get booed off the field numerous occasions.  Lee wasn't ready to take that starting job as a true freshman back then and it really hurt him.  But he's a junior now and maybe he can turn it around but the fans have got to get behind him.  This is still a kid we're talking about here.

Last year fans used the excuse that Jefferson was 19. Lee was 19 but nobody gave him sympathy. I was embarrassed to be an LSU fan 2 years ago for the Ole Miss game. Everyone started cheering when he got hurt.
Posted Image

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lee is one helluva good sport.  He has taken criticism and hung in there like a champ.  I hope he does get a chance.  He can throw better than Jefferson but he can't evade tacklers when the pocket collapses like Jefferson can.  I am also hoping that Christ Garrett will get some looks as well.

In 2009, we were plagued with one of the worst OLs in the SEC.  If that is fixed, any of our three QBs should be able to make some noise.  Also, with WRs Rueben Randle, Terrence Tolliver, and Russell Shepard, the QBs have some really exciting targets.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

CrimsonWarrior

CrimsonWarrior

Auburn sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pick 6...........

just sayin:whistle:
Posted Image

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

CrimsonWarrior said:

Pick 6...........

just sayin:whistle:

It was a matter of time. The picks were his fault not the 6's
Posted Image

tusker1

tusker1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The WR's for LSU should be scary good. I just don't like your options at the QB position.  Doesn't "pick 6" always look great in practice and then do a complete 180 during the game?

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can see LSU's rationale here. It's time for change. Jefferson isn't getting any better. They have to do something.
Posted Image

TechTiger

TechTiger

Formerly Tiger Golfer1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

tusker1 said:

The WR's for LSU should be scary good. I just don't like your options at the QB position.  Doesn't "pick 6" always look great in practice and then do a complete 180 during the game?

Yes but apparently his improvement from last year to this year is "unbelievable"

They are hoping that with maturity he can overcome some of his nerves and preform to his potential which is sky high
Posted Image

Gil92h

Gil92h
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

tusker1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they only have one truly proven receiver in Tolliver?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AubieTiger said:

I had surgery on my penis when I was 5. Long story.

Gil92h

Gil92h
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hell this could turn out to be another Chris Todd situation. He could end up being solid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AubieTiger said:

I had surgery on my penis when I was 5. Long story.