Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

PT's Revised SEC Predictions

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

bamarocks

bamarocks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RebelFan4Life said:

If that scenario goes down ya'll will have only have lost two in SEC play all together. You really think that could happen?

That scenario would put Bama at 12-4 (8-0 at home, losses to @UK, @MS, @OM, and @USC).  

I wouldn't say it is likely, but it is attainable.  I think Bama will win between 8-12 games.  MSU is the Fave, OM is next and Bama is the dark horse.

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RebelFan4Life said:

If that scenario goes down ya'll will have only have lost two in SEC play all together. You really think that could happen?
No, because Bama (as well as every SEC team) has a total of 8 SEC away games.  He didn't include @ Kentucky, @ Mississippi State, and @ Mississippi, since I assume he's expecting those to be losses.  Based on his post, they'd finish 12-4 in the SEC.
2014 Football (4-3, 2-3)
10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY); 1/7/15 Florida; 1/10/15 at Ole Miss; 1/13/15 Alabama; 1/17/15 at Auburn; 1/20/15 Tennessee; 1/24/15 Kentucky; 1/28/15 at LSU; 1/31/15 Georgia; 2/3/15 at Arkansas; 2/7/15 at Vanderbilt; 2/10/15 Missouri; 2/14/15 at Kentucky; 2/17/15 at Georgia; 2/21/15 Texas A&M; 2/24/15 at Alabama; 2/28/15 Mississippi State; 3/5/15 Arkansas; 3/7/15 at Tennessee

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

bamarocks said:

That scenario would put Bama at 12-4 (8-0 at home, losses to @UK, @MS, @OM, and @USC).  

I wouldn't say it is likely, but it is attainable. I think Bama will win between 8-12 games. MSU is the Fave, OM is next and Bama is the dark horse.

But you said all the home games and win 4 out of the 6 away games. That's two losses.

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

bamarocks

bamarocks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RebelFan4Life said:

But you said all the home games and win 4 out of the 6 away games. That's two losses.

Every SEC team plays 16 regular season SEC games.  Eight of those will be at home and the other eight will be on the road.  I think Bama could win all the home games and split the away games(with the more likely road wins listed in my other post) and that would put Bama at 12-4.  That would a fantastic season and it's probably not going to happen, but it is reasonable.

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

bamarocks said:

Every SEC team plays 16 regular season SEC games. Eight of those will be at home and the other eight will be on the road. I think Bama could win all the home games and split the away games(with the more likely road wins listed in my other post) and that would put Bama at 12-4. That would a fantastic season and it's probably not going to happen, but it is reasonable.

Yeah nevermind i get what you're saying. You just listed 6 away games i forgot every team played 8

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i think we need to factor our past history and get some more realistic projected records.  teams just dont get that much better with similar talent.  uk had one of the best recruiting classes ever, so this doesnt apply to them.

bamarocks

bamarocks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shamoan said:

i think we need to factor our past history and get some more realistic projected records. teams just dont get that much better with similar talent. uk had one of the best recruiting classes ever, so this doesnt apply to them.

who does it apply to then?

bamarocks

bamarocks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anyways, LSU would be my example of a turnaround with similar talent.  They went 6-10 in the SEC with Brady and then in the next year they went 13-3 and i believe the roster was pretty similar.  The 07-08 team lost Mitchell for the year, but they still had  Randolph.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bbqit said:

Ya know its a cool feeling to win at basketball but if ya ain't winnin sayin ya suck at basketball don't hurt near as much as sayin ya suck in football.

All depends on where you're sitting when you type that I suppose.
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
im sure you can find many exceptions to the rule out of 347 d1 programs as my thoughts arent unbreakable law, just my take on the matter.

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
listed from most minutes to fewest minutes:

Temple, M. Thornton, Randolph, Martin, and Johnson '07-'08 roster

Mitchell, M. Thornton, Temple, Johnson, and Spencer '08-'09 roster

40% of the most productive 5 were different....:cool:

CrimsonWarrior

CrimsonWarrior

Auburn sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

Now that we're what....2 weeks away from SEC play really.....I figure I'd go ahead and throw out there how I think the whole SEC finishes up:

EAST
1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. Vanderbilt
6. Georgia

WEST
1. Ole Miss
2. Mississippi State
3. LSU
4. Alabama
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas

I'd switch LSU and Bama and UT and UF. Other than that nice:thumbs:
Posted Image

bamarocks

bamarocks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Temple/Thorton/johnson and Randolph/Mitchell was the heart of those two teams. One team had Randolp and the other had Mitchell. That's about a wash. Of course, the teams aren't identical but rarely does a team return all of the top 5. The two lsu rosters were very similar imo. The coach and another year of experience is what made the teams so different imo. It's a similar situation to Bama this year as Grant has inherited a Bama team with a decent amount of experience and some talent mixed in. They are already showing that they are much more competitive this year than they were last under the old coach.

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Damn, Tennessee is so garbage. We should give up mens basketball.
Posted Image all of you

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't have a knee jerk reaction.  Our fans wanted to run Stansbury out of town after Rider and Richmond.
Posted Image