PT's Revised SEC Predictions - Page 2 - SEC Basketball Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

PT's Revised SEC Predictions

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

No, as that would imply you'll be winning, which you won't.  And when you win 17 in a row on us and reverse the tables, we'll talk.

Ow.  :(
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

You and everyone else should know you can't win an argument about basketball w/a Kentucky fan.  The level of ownage we have on all of you is absolutely ridiculous.
Posted Image

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

You and everyone else should know you can't win an argument about basketball w/a Kentucky fan.  The level of ownage we have on all of you is absolutely ridiculous.

Well....uh...we have...baseball....?

At any rate, the showdown in Starkville will be awesome.
Posted Image

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

If it weren't for Rotnei Clarke....Arkansas would probably be winless right now Shank.

LSU is Mitchell, Bama is Torrence.  They're both pretty much 1 trick ponies.  LSU's supporting cast is producing more right now, so I give them the nod.

As far as being scared of Starkville....son, we're Kentucky.  All of Starkville is scared when we come to town, not the other way around.

They also played the first couple games without 6 players... and their best player should be returning from suspension soon. I think once they get everyone back, they're a better team than Auburn.

Alabama still has JaMychal Green and Senario Hillman as well, plus they've played better competition than LSU to date. I think the coaching is a push, so I've got to give a slight edge to Alabama here. Maybe just a personal opinion.

FWIW, I've now seen every team play at least two games except Auburn (only seen 1).

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Fair enough.  I thought the players in that rape thing were gone indefinitely for Arkansas.  If they come back, then yeah, obviously they'd be better than Auburn.  I'm really not sure who's worse between UGA and Auburn though.....that's a push for right now.
Posted Image

B-RAD

B-RAD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think the tide would be able to contend in the West this year if that had a big man. Thanks to Mark Gottfired for not recruiting anyone worth a dam at that position. He did a decent job at recruiting for all the other positions but no centers in bout 2 years. Unless you count Yamen Colemen and he was horrible at Best. Grant has the tide playing very hard and with some confidence again. Bama will be back just give him some time. RTR

ThunderReb

ThunderReb
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think everyone, including the media, has over-estimated the Rebs.  We are beatable and are prone to be lazy at times.  Its like shooting, if we're hot we're tough, but if we have to "create" true offense......we will get beat.  I see us being tough at home and lousy on the road.

Personally, I see State winning the West.......

shamoan

shamoan

Technique is a crutch for the talentless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i dont think our sec record will be any better than 12-4, so that should be our ceiling...i like how our ooc lines up and our current beatdown streak of depaul, st bonn, and ucla certainly looks good on paper.  i was pissed at the beginning of the season, but our past shows that we hit some bumps in the road and almost always right the ship...our main concern at this point will be securing a decent seed.  if we cant get better than 7, i dont like our chances of making the sweet 16, which will be huge for stans future.  i think we split with om, possibly bama, with a lsu sweep possible and almost guaranteed sweep of arkansas and auburn.  for the first time in a while, i like our chances vs ut, at south carolina will tough, vandy's weird court is tough, kentucky...the mini streak ends, however georgia should be a laugher...

near guaranteed wins....2 vs aub, 2 vs arkansas, 1 vs lsu, 1 vs uga, 1 vs om, 1 vs alabama

probable wins....1 vs lsu, 1 vs alabama, 1 maybe 2 out of usc,vandy,tennessee

will be tough to win....vs florida, vs om, vs kentucky, vs 1 or 2 out of usc, vandy, tennessee

i say 11-5 or 10-6 (L: om,uk,uf,ut,al) in conf...possibly 1 more non conf losses (typical) we would be assuming 11-5...
overall...

so thats 23-8 or 22-9 heading into sec tourney....with but if we play well, we could be 24-7....we would have to have the latter to get the seeding we need so stans ability to maneuver the weak sec west should let us know where we will be.

Bdog9090

Bdog9090
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When they are on, they are one of the better teams in the nation.  But they have a way to not play up to their potential in certain games.  And the amount of 3's they throw up can be scary at times.

Basically losing to Rider (much more so than a pretty good Richmond team) erased any expectations that I have about this season.  

We have a solid squad, but they just have to make sure they are in every game.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bluelightstar said:

At any rate, the showdown in Starkville will be awesome.

If you come within 10 it will be a success.

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Yeah the showdown in starkville just needs to be not a beatdown.

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Daveman30001

Daveman30001
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I honestly believe arkansas wont finish last in the west.  At this point everyone has written them off and they dont have anything to lose. Clarke we all know can shoot lights out, im hoping that fortson will come back by sec play and that the two mikes (washington and sanchez) will be fully recovered.  I think they'll finish next to last or third *gasp*, i know im a homer.  .
One of the most successful programs in NCAA history, the Arkansas men's track and field teams.  The program has won 42 national titles in Cross Country and Track & Field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ya know its a cool feeling to win at basketball but if ya ain't winnin sayin ya suck at basketball don't hurt near as much as sayin ya suck in football.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bamarocks

bamarocks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If MSU slips up then i think Bama can compete for the West.  Bama has games @ UGA, @Ark, @AU, @LSU, and @ USC.  If Bama can win all the home games and then 4 of those away games then they should be pretty high in the West standings.

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

bamarocks said:

If MSU slips up then i think Bama can compete for the West. Bama has games @ UGA, @Ark, @AU, @LSU, and @ USC. If Bama can win all the home games and then 4 of those away games then they should be pretty high in the West standings.

If that scenario goes down ya'll will have only have lost two in SEC play all together. You really think that could happen?

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land