Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Georgia hits Brandon Spikes underneath his face mask

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

FloridaGator

FloridaGator
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
YouTube - Georgia Fullback Gouges Brandon Spikes in the First Quater

He clearly put his hands under Spikes' face mask and then he gets hit in the head right after that.

Edited by FloridaGator, 02 November 2009 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You're reaching dude.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

TPM

TPM

COONASS MAFIA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Could we just keep the stupidity to one thread please.

FloridaGator

FloridaGator
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You guys can't see that the guy put his hand underneath Spikes face mask?  That's illegal and he knew what he was doing.

Spikes was being hit late, his helmet got ripped off twice (one got called).  One time he got hit while his helmet was off and the OL hit him in the head on that play also, I think.  So, Spikes was fed up with it and took matters in his own hands.

Edited by FloridaGator, 02 November 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even if I take this at face value (which I don't), that in no way justifies what Spikes did. Sometimes you have to just say my guy was wrong. It's not like you did it. Some guy you'll never meet did a pretty despicable thing. Don't try and make excuses because there are none that will suffice.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

FloridaGator

FloridaGator
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

Even if I take this at face value (which I don't), that in no way justifies what Spikes did. Sometimes you have to just say my guy was wrong. It's not like you did it. Some guy you'll never meet did a pretty despicable thing. Don't try and make excuses because there are none that will suffice.

The guy hit him underneath his face mask and that is a personal foul and could get a player kicked out of the game.

Spikes was wrong in what he did but, you weren't out there and neither was I.  So, we don't know what all Spikes had to put up with.

Edited by FloridaGator, 02 November 2009 - 12:49 PM.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It started out as a clean block, Chapas was blocking Spikes at the chest pads. (Legally) but Chapas was trying to push Spikes away from the growing pile behind him, which was clearly pushing him forward and Spikes was trying to go towards the pile, and because Spikes didn't have his helmet strapped on properly his helmet got yanked off.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
not a good example lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

FloridaGator said:

You guys can't see that the guy put his hand underneath Spikes face mask?  That's illegal and he knew what he was doing.

Spikes was being hit late, his helmet got ripped off twice (one got called).  One time he got hit while his helmet was off and the OL hit him in the head on that play also, I think.  So, Spikes was fed up with it and took matters in his own hands.

Yeah!  Next time somebody knocks my cap off I'm gonna feel justified in holding them down and trying to permanently blind them!

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If anything, Chapas actually had a really good block on one of the best linebackers in the nation.
Posted Image

FloridaGator

FloridaGator
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

razorhead said:

Yeah!  Next time somebody knocks my cap off I'm gonna feel justified in holding them down and trying to permanently blind them!

Well, I'm sure they won't be ripping at your face trying to get your cap off your head.  Big difference.
Posted Image

FloridaGator

FloridaGator
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

If anything, Chapas actually had a really good block on one of the best linebackers in the nation.

Yeah, putting his hand right underneath his face mask ripping at his face was a great block.

I understand things get chippy and thats just football but, that should have been a flag on Chapas.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

FloridaGator said:

Well, I'm sure they won't be ripping at your face trying to get your cap off your head.  Big difference.

There was no ripping at the face. There is a reason only Gator poster's think there was though.   :laugh:
Posted Image

Robzilla

Robzilla

Do you feel like we do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

Exactly! Brandon Spikes nor any of these other players give two schits what any of us think so stop it with the homerism UF fans. Admit your guy made a dirty play and let it go.  You keep trying to justify it, but you're only trying to convince yourselves that it's okay to like your man even after he makes such an awful decision.

FloridaGator

FloridaGator
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

There was no ripping at the face. There is a reason only Gator poster's think there was though.   :laugh:

I guess Spikes was just acting when he had to come off the field and stayed out for a little while.  No he hasn't hit in the face.
Posted Image