Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Tate vs Ingram

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
226 replies to this topic

Poll: Better Bama Back? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Better Bama Back?

1. Ben Tate (24 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

2. Mark Ingram (62 votes [72.09%])

Percentage of vote: 72.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Bulldogs16

Bulldogs16
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
okay.. i know ingram is a great back.. but how can u put tate second or mccluster when dixon is only 3 yards short of ingram's totals.. and dixon was even suspended for a game.. *the easiest game of the season*.. he has the most 100 yard games in the SEC this season.. the only defense that has held him was florida's..but they do that to about everyone.. stat wise..its ingram then dixon.. .. dixon is a beast.. if he was in this same system all 4 yrs.. no telling what he could have done.. mccluster is more of a reggie bush type runningback.. more all purpose than true tailback!!..

tate has more yards..but thats only b/c he has played one more game than dixon or ingram.. dixon and ingram both average more yards a game..plus both have more td's.. and dixon has only had one game where he fumbled since 07 season..and i believe ingram has only one fumble in his career (bama fans can correct me)..

Edited by Bulldogs16, 01 November 2009 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

Bulldogs16 said:

okay.. i know ingram is a great back.. but how can u put tate second or mccluster when dixon is only 3 yards short of ingram's totals.. and dixon was even suspended for a game.. *the easiest game of the season*.. he has the most 100 yard games in the SEC this season.. the only defense that has held him was florida's..but they do that to about everyone.. stat wise..its ingram then dixon.. .. dixon is a beast.. if he was in this same system all 4 yrs.. no telling what he could have done.. mccluster is more of a reggie bush type runningback.. more all purpose than true tailback!!..

read the title of the thread
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bulldogs16

Bulldogs16
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
maybe i should have quoted it..but i was referring to the fella that put ingram, tate, mccluster, then dixon in a row..i wasnt just commented to the thread..my apology!!
Posted Image

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

Bulldogs16 said:

maybe i should have quoted it..but i was referring to the fella that put ingram, tate, mccluster, then dixon in a row..i wasnt just commented to the thread..my apology!!

McCluster can be an all purpose back though. When he's on his game he goes over 100 yards every time just like dixon. Difference is McCluster is more shifty and changes directions while Dixon breaks arm tackles and is a bruiser. Dixon is better though, no question

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Desmo

Desmo

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
Tate will be a more successful NFL back imo, he can still add some more weight to his frame and runs well at the pad level

Ingram will have a far better college career overall due to the horrid offenses for 2 of Tates years playing.

as of right now, the only reason Tate isnt being mentioned in the Heisman is because Auburn is 6-3.

however i have a feeling a strong performance against UGA and Bama will vault Ben Tate into the conversation but as per usual ESPN will probably pick Colt McCoy/Tebow regardless. I think Ingram benefits from the fact he also gets carries out of the wildcat ala McFadden whereas Ben Tate doesnt
Posted Image

thy name is Yo

thy name is Yo

GENIUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Ceman 22 said:

exactly what I was going to say.. I still think Ingram has a brighter future than Tate, but I believe they'll both be playing on Sundays regardless

but for this polls sake, let's wait til the LSU game to really compare
Okay now compare IT"S MARK IGRAM!!!!!!!:thumpsup:
Posted Image

CrimsonKid

CrimsonKid

Roll Tide Roll!

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:

teebeau said:

We'll know better after ingram plays against LSU...tate 18 carries 67yds.

Ingram: 22 carries - 144 yards.

So I guess that means Ingram is better.
#2 Alabama  7-0 (4-0)

vs Tennessee - 10/22 @ 7:15 p.m.

Robzilla

Robzilla

Do you feel like we do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They're both great backs. Tate has been huge for Auburn this year. Talk about taking a team and putting them on your shoulders.  I don't know of any one player in the SEC that's done more by himself for his team than Tate.  Maybe Tebow.  Or Dixon.  Tate has been awesome this year.

Spunk

Spunk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A Bama fan with something positive to say about an opposing player, never thought I'd see the day.
Never to conquer, ever to yield.

Robzilla

Robzilla

Do you feel like we do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Ceman 22 said:

A Bama fan with something positive to say about an opposing player, never thought I'd see the day.

Well, I'm not an irrational person most of the time...unless it comes to Lane Kiffin.

But in seriousness, who else has stepped up on Auburn?  Todd? Burns?  Fannin?  The Defense?  No.  All of those have been pretty much equivalent of last year.  Tate has been the big reason Auburn has succeeded.  I can put aside my dislike for Auburn to be reasonable enough to admit that.  I think most of us Bama fans can.

Spunk

Spunk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Robzilla said:

Well, I'm not an irrational person most of the time...unless it comes to Lane Kiffin.

But in seriousness, who else has stepped up on Auburn?  Todd? Burns?  Fannin?  The Defense?  No.  All of those have been pretty much equivalent of last year.  Tate has been the big reason Auburn has succeeded.  I can put aside my dislike for Auburn to be reasonable enough to admit that. I think most of us Bama fans can.

I don't, but that's another story.

Darvin Adams comes to mind, but I see your point. Ben Tate wants to go out with a bang, the same bang he should have had the entire time he's been here, but due to a certain coach, never happened.
Never to conquer, ever to yield.

RoyalDBridge

RoyalDBridge
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Desmo said:

Tate will be a more successful NFL back imo, he can still add some more weight to his frame and runs well at the pad level

Ingram will have a far better college career overall due to the horrid offenses for 2 of Tates years playing.

as of right now, the only reason Tate isnt being mentioned in the Heisman is because Auburn is 6-3.

however i have a feeling a strong performance against UGA and Bama will vault Ben Tate into the conversation but as per usual ESPN will probably pick Colt McCoy/Tebow regardless. I think Ingram benefits from the fact he also gets carries out of the wildcat ala McFadden whereas Ben Tate doesnt

Fortunately ESPN doesn't choose the Heisman winner so we have no reason to fear the great sports cabal in Bristol. Anybody seen my tinfoil hat?

Crimson Nation

Crimson Nation

Used to be fun.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HardFightinSoldier said:

Obviously Ingram is getting the heisman hype because he has a much better team around him. Take a look at these stats and vote for who is better.
Yards per game:
Ingram-125.5
Tate-118.6

Stats vs common opponents UT, Ark, UK, and OM
Carries:
Ingram-85
Tate-103

Yards:
Ingram-461
Tate-588

Yards per carry:
Ingram-5.4
Tate-5.7

Yards per game:
Ingram-115.3
Tate-147

So basically you found 4 games out of the year that Tate has played better than Ingram and try to claim he's a better back? Please.....

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ingram without a doubt lol And Ingram had a total of 18 carries combined in our 2 easiest games. Could have torn those fools up for allot

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Desmo said:

I will bet money that Ingram will have a better NFL career than Tate does. Ingram is a true sophomore, Tate is a senior. Ingram has all the physical attributes you want in a RB. Burst of speed, vision, patience, quickness, balance. You name it, he has it. And he's so low to the ground he gets lost around his blockers. One of our LBs said it best how to tackle Ingram (I think it was Dont'a) He's so low to the ground you can't try to get lower than him, the best thing to do is jump on his back and wait for help.