Jarrett Lee may play against Auburn - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
28202841
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread


Latest Topics


Latest News


Top High Fived

Top Bettors


Jarrett Lee may play against Auburn

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,084
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,364
I heard on rivals that Jarrett Lee will get significant playing time against Auburn, because apparently when Auburn plays backup QB's they become John Elway.

Jarrett Lee was unstoppable against Auburn in the second half. He then went on to have a terrible year. Figures.:o
Posted Image

#2
JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,366
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,102
May god have mercy on Les' soul.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

#3
Spunk

Spunk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,426
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,728
I fear what LSU's Wide Receivers would do against us if they didn't have a complete moron at head coach.
Never to conquer, ever to yield.

#4
crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,557
  • Joined:
    Feb 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    255

Ceman 22 said:

I fear what LSU's Wide Receivers would do against us if they didn't have a complete moron at head coach.

You mean like they did last year? :p

Posted Image


#5
crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,557
  • Joined:
    Feb 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    255

HardFightinSoldier said:

I heard on rivals that Jarrett Lee will get significant playing time against Auburn, because apparently when Auburn plays backup QB's they become John Elway.

Jarrett Lee was unstoppable against Auburn in the second half. He then went on to have a terrible year. Figures.:o

Most of this comes because Jefferson was sick just about all last week and couldn't practice and Lee got all the reps. But JJ is back and taking all the snaps again this week, so I wouldn't count on Lee seeing much PT.  Heck! Miles has been saying that Sheppard was going to get 10 to 15 snaps against the Gators and we never saw the kid.  It'll be Jefferson all the way IMO.

Posted Image


#6
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,084
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,364

crawfish said:

You mean like they did last year? :p
That's why this scares me so much.
Posted Image

#7
richard34

richard34

    Banned

  • Banned
  • Posts:
    3
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    0
Hello
Head coach Nick Saban had a wonderful luxury last season. If the game seemed to be getting out of hand, he had the offensive line to just grind on people and re-establish control of the game. With three starters gone, including  Andre Smith and center Antoine Caldwell, there is much work to do for offensive line coach Joe Pendry. I really like LG Mike Johnson, who will be the bell cow of that unit. And there is talent there. But the offensive line really has to play with one heartbeat and I wonder how close this group will be on Sept. 5 when the Tide plays the ACC champs at the Georgia Dome?

2-What’s the future for LSU QB Jarrett Lee? The quarterback position was pretty much a nightmare for LSU in 2008 but nobody’s dreams were worse than those of Lee, a rising third-year sophomore. You really have to work at it to throw 16 interceptions, seven of which were returned for touchdowns. When I talked to coach Les Miles at SEC Media Days, he insisted that Lee is in the mix with sophomore Jordan Jefferson, who finally grew up and took over at the end of last season. But does Lee really come all the way back from last year’s disaster, especially with highly-touted recruit Russell Shepard waiting in the wings? I think we’ll find out in the first few scrimmage if Lee is going to be a factor.

#8
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    37,385
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    14,188

richard34 said:

Hello
Head coach Nick Saban had a wonderful luxury last season. If the game seemed to be getting out of hand, he had the offensive line to just grind on people and re-establish control of the game. With three starters gone, including  Andre Smith and center Antoine Caldwell, there is much work to do for offensive line coach Joe Pendry. I really like LG Mike Johnson, who will be the bell cow of that unit. And there is talent there. But the offensive line really has to play with one heartbeat and I wonder how close this group will be on Sept. 5 when the Tide plays the ACC champs at the Georgia Dome?

2-What’s the future for LSU QB Jarrett Lee? The quarterback position was pretty much a nightmare for LSU in 2008 but nobody’s dreams were worse than those of Lee, a rising third-year sophomore. You really have to work at it to throw 16 interceptions, seven of which were returned for touchdowns. When I talked to coach Les Miles at SEC Media Days, he insisted that Lee is in the mix with sophomore Jordan Jefferson, who finally grew up and took over at the end of last season. But does Lee really come all the way back from last year’s disaster, especially with highly-touted recruit Russell Shepard waiting in the wings? I think we’ll find out in the first few scrimmage if Lee is going to be a factor.


Hey man it's October, you're a little late to the party.

.

.

.

Posted Image