ESPN blackout??? - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

ESPN blackout???

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Crimson Nation

Crimson Nation

Used to be fun.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have Direct TV HD and ESPN was blacked out for about an hour before and up until the 2nd So. Carolina possesion.A couple of guys I work with said they had the same problem.Any of you guys have to deal with this? I know I had about 10 people show up at the house and almost left cause we couldn't watch the game.I was so pissed I couldn't see straight.

RGW

RGW
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i hear they have started putting the games on a  longer delay in order to edit out some of the bad officiating.....

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've got Direct too CN and it was fine. Might have been a glitch in your area.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Chalk

Chalk

I'll get inside your face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All of my blackouts usually occur around the end of games.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Chalk said:

All of my blackouts usually occur around the end of games.

......and you like Waterworld
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Chalk

Chalk

I'll get inside your face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

crimsonnation713 said:

......and you like Waterworld

So..... I like Waterworld cuz I have a drinking problem?
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Chalk said:

So..... I like Waterworld cuz I have a drinking problem?

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!

-- Derrick Thomas

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
I went to the game (first one this year) but tivoed the game and got it all

that has happened before but only once............must be just a random glitch people experience

call them and tell them you want the "no glitch" plan
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think it was a DirecTV issue - I switched to another ESPNHD channel (think it's 76?) and watched it all just fine.  I switched back to 206 later in the game to see if it was back and it was--literally no difference in picture quality, etc.  Friend of mine who does installs for them said 76 is on a satellite they hardly ever use anymore & he thought they'd sold it to another carrier (ie DishNetwork) but evidently not.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

Crimson Nation

Crimson Nation

Used to be fun.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

WayzUp said:

I think it was a DirecTV issue - I switched to another ESPNHD channel (think it's 76?) and watched it all just fine.  I switched back to 206 later in the game to see if it was back and it was--literally no difference in picture quality, etc.  Friend of mine who does installs for them said 76 is on a satellite they hardly ever use anymore & he thought they'd sold it to another carrier (ie DishNetwork) but evidently not.

Funny you mentioned that cuz I called and they told me to switch to channel 73.......but I didn't have that channel.

Roscoe

Roscoe

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
Happened here too.. but the game was on an alt. espn channel. not sure wtf was going on with that.
Posted Image

LSU  10-2 (6-2)

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ESPN and the 205 channel which is the sports guide where I was watching the Texas Oklahoma game on a 3"x3" screen since locals were not available in my area blacked out when the 330 game came on.

I was like espn is never blacked out, what's the deal.  I told them that if the channel didn't come back for the bama game I was going to be one mad caller.  It came back up, but I've not been satisfied with my service.  

I could kill Direct TV for their it's not us, it's them style of customer support.  I give them my money, they are responsible for providing the services.  They cut off the end of my Alabama FIU game and said that they wouldn't refund me anything.  If I pay 30 for something I want the whole game.  They didn't give an inch.  I found out that I wasn't going to be charged for the ppv until I plugged in a phone line.  I told him that I don't have home phone service and that if he wasn't going to credit the game that I was never planning to hook it up either.  I hung up and he cut my service off - this was a superviser.   I called back and got it turned back on, but you never can talk to the same poeple in the same city even if you get a direct # and pin.  Why can't I get cable, freaking cow town.

I'm still peeved about having no local channels.  Fox, CBS, ABC, I mean I don't like watching buy jewelry now channel all day.  Grow the * up Direct TV.

Edited by SECorBust, 19 October 2009 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
^That kinda surprises me - I've had very few problems with DirecTV and the few problems I've had, I just slightly hint at switching back to Dish and they fold in a snap.  I get all my locals plus a couple from who knows where (think out west) and weather hardly ever makes it go out.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?