FRIDAY FLASHBACK: Ole Miss - Alabama 1970 - Ole Miss News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

FRIDAY FLASHBACK: Ole Miss - Alabama 1970

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Cianne

Cianne

Oct. 2005 Poster of the Month

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This week's meeting between the longtime SEC rivals marks the first time since 1970 that both Ole Miss and Alabama entered the game ranked in the top 20.

FRIDAY FLASHBACK: Ole Miss - Alabama 1970

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Folks still talk about the 1969 game though.... Word on the street that Archie cried.

The very first college football game to be televised in prime time. The Tide defeated Ole Miss 33-32 in Birmingham in one of the most electrifying games ever. Scott Hunter hit 22 of 29 passes for 300 yards in his fabled duel with Rebel quarterback Archie Manning, who completed 33 of 52 for 436 yards while he rushed for 104 more. Posted Image

Edited by Noah.Dreams, 09 October 2009 - 05:51 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well Noah I was at that game. Little did I know that Archie set the most offense in a game for a single person record. (somebody tied that record against bama not too long ago) I was young and there was one certain cheerleader that I bet I could remember today if I had a heavy dose of vitamins. Yet I could not watch her the whole time cause Archie was in the zone like I had never seen before. Bear said Archie could beat you by himself and throughout Archie's entire career that is just what he was forced to do.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU