Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Joel Bonomolo commits

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
YouTube - Fullerton College DE Joel Bonomolo
Posted Image

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Very nice. Goofy lookin' kid though from the pictures on Scout.com. :p

Posted Image

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Reminds me of Groves.  Small size like Dee Ford.
Posted Image

zorak34

zorak34

Smoke and Mirrors?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Here's an article from autigers.com

New Orleans, La.--A talented defensive end prospect with one more season left at Fullerton College in California, Joe Bonomolo is beginning to narrow things down on the recruiting front as he heads into his sophomore season. Currently holding close to a dozen offers with several more prominent programs showing interest, Bonomolo says Auburn, Utah and Iowa State are at the top of his list at the moment.
This weekend he’ll have the chance to check out one of his favorites as he plans to take a trip from his home in New Orleans to Auburn to get a chance to meet the new coaching staff and check out the campus. He says he’s looking forward to seeing what all Auburn has in store for him.

“I coming over either Friday or Saturday,” Bonomolo tells Inside The Auburn Tigers. “I can’t make an official visit because I’m in junior college. I’m in New Orleans right now so we’ll probably drive up and stay overnight.”

Currently holding offers from Auburn, Arizona, Washington, Iowa State, Utah, San Diego State, UCLA and Nevada among others with Arkansas and LSU also showing a lot of interest, Bonomolo says that his visit this weekend may put an end to his recruiting even though he’s got plenty of options.

“Auburn is at the top right now,” the 6-2 1/2, 242 Bonomolo says. “I’m looking to hopefully make a decision by this weekend if everything goes well. I really like Auburn. I like the coaching staff. I’m from the South and I kind of want to stay in the South. Plus growing up in the South I’ve always wanted to play in the SEC.

“I want to meet the coaches in person and if I feel comfortable I’m certainly leaning towards Auburn,” he adds. “Auburn and Utah are my top right now with Iowa State in the mix. If I feel comfortable there and I like the coaching staff I could see myself making a decision this week.”

Growing up in New Orleans and playing high school football at Archbishop Rummel High, Bonomolo says he’s very familiar with Auburn, but has never taken a visit to the Plains. He says he’s looking forward to doing that this weekend and also getting the chance to bond with a new coaching staff.

“I don’t know that much about them,” Bonomolo says. “They seem like a high energy group. They seem like great coaches really. I could see myself playing for them. I really like Trooper Taylor. He’s a great guy. From what I’ve heard from the head coach I really like him. He seems like a great guy and it seems like a great coaching staff.”

Failing to qualify out of high school Bonomolo went across the country to play junior college football and also get his academics in order. Shooting to graduate in December if everything goes well, Bonomolo says life in junior college has been good for him.

“It has been great for me,” Bonomolo notes. “I went to Fullerton College and I couldn’t have picked a better place. I love the coaches out there. They’ve really helped me get where I’m at today.”

As a freshman last season for Fullerton Bonomolo had a huge season from his defensive end spot. He finished with 65 tackles, 18 tackles for losses and 12 ½ sacks using his speed and quickness off the ball. He plans to play this season as a sophomore and have three years left to play two when he gets to the next level.
"A team united can be unstoppable!"

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I vote we call him Bono.
Posted Image