Auburn Recruiting Thread - Page 3 - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Auburn Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

2585 replies to this topic

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

WarEagle7791 said:

I thought I saw 5 on Rivals.  Oh I just checked, 4.

They must still be doing what they did last year where whenever a prospect was interested in Auburn they would move him down a star...:brick:

Posted Image

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AUcarlton said:

They must still be doing what they did last year where whenever a prospect was interested in Auburn they would move him down a star...:brick:

Yeah but I caught them this time! :cool:
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know a kid that is a teammate of Lache Seastrunk and good friends with Lattimore and Dyer through all-star games. He said Lache is pretty much going to Texas but he said Lattimore and Dyer both could commit to Auburn before the end of July. (I know its not a reliable source but I trust him). We have all 3 visiting for the big july weekend thing.

Edited by HardFightinSoldier, 24 July 2009 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

Ultra_Swagnus

Ultra_Swagnus

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
that would go against all the talk of Texas of all but giving up on recruiting Lache Seastrunk

i dunno sounds rough, i would have though Lattimore as the biggest longshot of the 3
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Ultra_Swagnus said:

that would go against all the talk of Texas of all but giving up on recruiting Lache Seastrunk

i dunno sounds rough, i would have though Lattimore as the biggest longshot of the 3
Texas will never stop recruiting the top prospect in Texas especially when their weakest position is RB.
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Michael Dyer officially has a top three with Auburn on top followed by Notre Dame and Oklahoma.
Posted Image

Bo Cognizes

Bo Cognizes

I'm the best, hands down, they nicknamed me 6:30.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HardFightinSoldier said:

Michael Dyer officially has a top three with Auburn on top followed by Notre Dame and Oklahoma.

He's changed his top schools around a LOT, but the one constant is Auburn. You gotta love that. :yay:

Posted Image

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah it was Arkansas then Auburn.  For a while it was Oklahoma but now Auburn again.  I'm liking our chances with him.
Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The question isn't whether we get Dyer or not. The question is will we get both Dyer and Seastrunk.

YouTube - Jonathon Mincy (Auburn Football Commit)

Posted Image

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
sweet vid
can't wait till July 18th
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Corey Grant Is in Auburn right now and he is about to make his decision so maybe its not over.
Posted Image

WarEagle7791

WarEagle7791

Do What We Do

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I didn't think he was going to make another visit to Auburn.  Dyer and Grant!
Posted Image

zorak34

zorak34

Smoke and Mirrors?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Here's an article from autigers.com

Little Rock, Ark.--Rated a four-star prospect and the number four running back in the country by Scout.com, it’s no surprise that Michael Dyer has offers from all over the country after putting up huge numbers in his career to this point. At 5-10, 205, Dyer has a choice of just about any school in the country, but says at the moment he’s narrowed things down to a select few programs.
“My list is probably like six or seven right now,” Dyer tells Inside The Auburn Tigers. “It’s Auburn, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU and Notre Dame.”

A visitor to Auburn for a junior day and then again for two days in June, Dyer is very familiar with the program as well as Gene Chizik and his coaching staff. He says that’s much of the reason why the Tigers are very high on his list as he prepares for his senior season.

“I like the coaching staff,” Dyer says. “I just really enjoy the coaching staff. The campus is amazing. It just feels like home to me. They like to work and have fun at the same time. That’s a good thing. I kind of learned everything about them the first time I went. When I went back for the camp it was more of hanging out with the coaches.”

Playing high school football in Arkansas, Dyer is very familiar with Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn and the things he does on offense. He also has a very good relationship with running backs Coach Curtis Luper. Dyer notes the relationships he’s built with the Auburn staff put them in very good position at the moment.

“I think it’s very important,” Dyer says. “If I go there and I’m there for three or four years then I want to have coaches that I know are going to be there for me and for that period of time. I don’t want to go there and have to build a relationship with different coaches. I feel like they’ll stay for a while and be there day in and day out.”

With more than 4,500 yards on the ground in the last two seasons alone, Dyer is currently preparing for his senior season as one of the top backs in the country. He says he’s working hard to be in great shape when the team begins practicing next week in the afternoons three days a week and also when camp opens in August.

That makes for little time on the recruiting trail for Dyer. In addition to his Auburn visit Dyer also tripped to Tennessee and says he’ll be at Arkansas for a 7-on-7 camp later this month. With plenty of knowledge about his favorites already, Dyer says right now he doesn’t have a timetable set for his decision but he’s thinking it may come sooner rather than later.

“I’m kind of taking my time but I’m thinking about doing it before football season starts,” Dyer says. “It would be nice to get it out of the way.”
"A team united can be unstoppable!"

Ultra_Swagnus

Ultra_Swagnus

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
i really hope Seastrunk and Dyer commit over the 18th, that might push some of the OLinemen on our prospect list to think about us harder
Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Ultra_Swagnus said:

i really hope Seastrunk and Dyer commit over the 18th, that might push some of the OLinemen on our prospect list to think about us harder

Oh, they will. :cool:

Seastrunk will at least.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users