Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Auburn Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

2601 replies to this topic

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Did you get that from some pretty good insiders? All the mods on 247 are still saying that the AU coaching staff don't know what to think still. Which I could see them being out of the loop on this one, you don't want to do anything to screw it up.
I actually have better sources than the 247 guys haha.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Did you get that from some pretty good insiders? All the mods on 247 are still saying that the AU coaching staff don't know what to think still. Which I could see them being out of the loop on this one, you don't want to do anything to screw it up.

I think they're being overly cautious... If you look at that post with the odds from current Auburn commits, they're all more confident about Evans, Smith, and Williams, and they're probably talking to these guys more candidly than 247 is.
I see us as almost certainly getting Smith and Williams and having a good chance at Evans, Evans just pulled a dick move to end his recruiting. I'd love to sneak Bonney or Godcheaux in too, but that doesn't seem likely.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

I haven't trolled at all. Youre the Bama fan coming into the Auburn forum here.

Your interpretation of what McCarron said (And that's all it is) is incorrect IMO. Never does he try to say that they only feel entitled due to the media, he just talked about the media prior to stating that they were entitled. I used that quote in reference to Evans starting to act like he's entitled to coaches dancing for him (literally) and fighting for his attention and I think that's a potential issue. That's all there is to it.

You won't be banning an Auburn fan from the Auburn recruiting thread for talking about Auburn recruiting under the pretense of "off topic", sorry.

Anyway, back to Evans. He's obviously immensely talented and would help our program a lot, but we need to ensure that he comes in expecting to have to work hard for his playing time and not get any special treatment for being one of the top recruits in the country. We definitely need the help at linebacker, but we have a perfectly effective Star in Therezie already, so it's not like we'll be a sieve without Evans playing, we just won't have a bigger player capable of rushing the QB at the position.

Are you thick? I'm a Global Moderator of all forums, my team affiliation doesn't matter. The simple fact that I can be objective when I have to is why I'm here. That is the difference between you and I, learn to post with objectivity then you can throw judgement. One thing is for certain, you will NOT tell me what I can or cannot do on these forums, simply because you disagree with my views. You related a topic regarding Alabama and started to tell us to "leave your forum". You can argue however you want, but you have gone off topic and that is all there is to it.

The end to this discussion is this, the title of Sarbinsky's piece is: "Nick Saban keeps signing them, but AJ McCarron is no fan of all those 5 stars". That is not what he intended, end of it.

Back on topic.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Are you thick? I'm a Global Moderator of all forums, my team affiliation doesn't matter. The simple fact that I can be objective when I have to is why I'm here. That is the difference between you and I, learn to post with objectivity then you can throw judgement. One thing is for certain, you will NOT tell me what I can or cannot do on these forums, simply because you disagree with my views. You related a topic regarding Alabama and started to tell us to "leave your forum". You can argue however you want, but you have gone off topic and that is all there is to it.

The end to this discussion is this, the title of Sarbinsky's piece is: "Nick Saban keeps signing them, but AJ McCarron is no fan of all those 5 stars". That is not what he intended, end of it.

Back on topic.

I never told you that you had to leave, just that you could feel free to (And you still can, BTW). There's a difference.
I never went off topic once. My post regarding McCarron's quote was entirely related to and specifically about Rashaan Evans, an Auburn recruit in the Auburn Recruiting Thread. YOU then went off topic by responding to my post and focusing only on McCarron. Even in my response to your off-topic post, I still remained on topic by redirecting my focus back on Evans after addressing your off-topic post.
Now, your post that I'm quoting is again off-topic, so it seems like the only one that's been off-topic here is you.

I'll stand by my statements. 5 star recruits are coddled (Not to be confused with Caudled, which is much more acceptable) and praised more than teenagers should be. It's not wise and it's not good when you want players to come in working hard. Maybe Evans will come into Auburn and work hard despite the games he's played the last week or so. Maybe he won't. I would prefer Auburn's coaches to be harder on the top recruits because it's a more honest and up-front approach. I think if we would have told Evans that we weren't going to have our visit encroached upon by another team's coaching staff, he would've respected that and found a better solution.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Neil, Rashaan wants to be in Auburn. I've thought that for a long time. So you're saying we should forget about a defense changing prospect that wants to come here because he invited Alabama coaches to a party and might, I repeat MIGHT, go there?

I definitely don't think that we should forget about him, but we should've been firmer with him than we were.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you're going to delete my posts that are in direct response to an off-topic conversation that YOU started, why are you leaving your off-topic posts up? Only seems fair to get rid of both sides of the issue (that you started).

This is a place for Auburn fans to talk about Auburn football. If other fans come in and want to get off topic, those are the posts that should be deleted, not the Auburn fans' responses to them.

If this was the Alabama forum, it'd be different, but it's not.

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've now had three guys tell me flat out Rashaan called Gus and said he'll be a tiger tomorrow.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I've now had three guys tell me flat out Rashaan called Gus and said he'll be a tiger tomorrow.
everybody Ive heard said ya'll..everybody
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posts are never deleted, only hidden from public.

Back to topic, last warning.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Posts are never deleted, only hidden from public.

Back to topic, last warning.

None of my posts visible to the public are off topic in any way whatsoever. Three of yours in this thread are. You keep going off topic and then ending your posts with "back to topic"... You sure that message isn't for yourself?

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I have no doubt that there are guys out there that can confirm it... With Stephen Roberts knowing the verdict, no doubt others do too and these kids can't keep secrets like that. It'll be nice tomorrow when we can put everything in ink.
At least Evans has made his decision before the final day... That makes the party fiasco a little less bad, but still pretty frustrating.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

I actually have better sources than the 247 guys haha.

Good, keep sending the info

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 04 February 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Good, keep sending the info
The 247 guys are basically press, so even the insider intel they get is press talk. Coaches aren't gonna trust them with private stuff.

I know guys that talk to the staff on a daily basis.
Posted Image

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Skip - while Therezie did great this year he is not the physical size that Johnson designed his Star around.  Evans will be a perfect fit.  Will he pan out? Time will tell, I just hope he signs and our coaches have the chance to plug him in.  I think he will be huge in that role.

As far as the party:  maybe he and his family were curious to see how both staffs would react.  Not what I would have done but all in all not a big deal and to their credit the coaches made a positive out of it by relaxing and playing dance off.

War Eagle!

Edited by GvilleDave, 04 February 2014 - 11:32 PM.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
An Alabama fan called into Bill King this morning and said they the Rashaan Evans saga was "orchestrated" by Rashaan's dad and Gus to make Bama look bad. That Alabama was never a real possibility and they just wanted to string them along.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 05 February 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

An Alabama fan called into Bill King this morning and said they the Rashaan Evans saga was "orchestrated" by Rashaan's dad and Gus to make Bama look bad. That Alabama was never a real possibility and they just wanted to string them along.

Hmm... I wonder who sounds like the "little brother" in this instance.

Bama's definitely been a real possibility for Evans. They've produced some high NFL draft pick linebackers during a time period where we started Jake Holland. Luckily for us, Ellis Johnson has made so many improvements that we can sell ourselves to DB's and LB's again already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users