Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Auburn Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2585 replies to this topic

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Who knows, Auburn fans are starting to panic from anxiety. We're not used to being favored to land big prospects on NSD.

Our three big targets are Rashaan, Braden Smith and Andrew Williams. We're favored to land all three, but Auburn fans are trying hard to convince themselves that Rashaan's going to Bama, Braden's going to TCU and Andrew's going to UGA when none are likely to do that.
Tell them they need to chill the Posted Image out and enjoy the ride. You never know when it will come to a stop. Not every prospect is going to pan out but you can't look at it that way. Tubs went a long time getting 2's and 3's and he won with them but Tubs got lazy and it all came apart. Not all of them are angels but I would rather take a chance of him getting a dose of reality and it being a wake up call, than just because he invited two teams to a birthday and go "oh hell no, I don't like his attitude".
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 04 February 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

good lord when does it stop

when you click out of the thread.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

hold ur breath
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Tell them they need to chill the :lanekiffin: out and enjoy the ride. You never know when it will come to a stop. Not every prospect is going to pan out but you can't look at it that way. Tubs went a long time getting 2's and 3's and he won with them but Tubs got lazy and it all came apart. Not all of them are angels but I would rather take a chance of him getting a dose of reality and it being a wake up call, than just because he invited two teams to a birthday and go "oh hell no, I don't like his attitude".
Well, Tubs had to struggle a few years before that plan worked. We had one fortunate year in 2000 where we were led by Bowden leftovers like Pate and Ben Leard with JUCO guys like Rudi Johnson.

All the 2 and 3 stars got 3-4 full years to get ready to play while we had a great group of seniors every year, like a mid major basketball team.

Gus succeeded this year because of great offensive recruiting and lots of seasoned guys on defense. To truly have a great defense, we need more guys like Rashaan in the immediate future to build a system of development.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Well, Tubs had to struggle a few years before that plan worked. We had one fortunate year in 2000 where we were led by Bowden leftovers like Pate and Ben Leard with JUCO guys like Rudi Johnson.

All the 2 and 3 stars got 3-4 full years to get ready to play while we had a great group of seniors every year, like a mid major basketball team.

Gus succeeded this year because of great offensive recruiting and lots of seasoned guys on defense. To truly have a great defense, we need more guys like Rashaan in the immediate future to build a system of development.
Exactly. Programs don't have the luxury of waiting  3 or 4 years. The higher ups want a championship yesterday. You have to come in and at least make somewhat of some noise or fans will start grumbling. Evans will be a game changer and if some of ya'll don't want him, we have a Charger waiting on him.

-- Derrick Thomas

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 04 February 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Exactly. Programs don't have the luxury of waiting  3 or 4 years. The higher ups want a championship yesterday. You have to come in and at least make somewhat of some noise or fans will start grumbling. Evans will be a game changer and if some of ya'll don't want him, we have a Charger waiting on him.
We gave Whitehead a Camaro, didn't you hear?
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

We gave Whitehead a Camaro, didn't you hear?
no Posted Image....ya'll be learnin'

-- Derrick Thomas

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 04 February 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

hold ur breath

its so simple a bama fan can do it.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Heard from a few people that Rashaan has informed auburn of his intent to commit to us tomorrow. Take it with a grain of salt since there's no way to confirm it, but he told both staffs they would be notified before signing day so we'll have a good picture of the decision tomorrow.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

its so simple a bama fan can do it.
keep trolling Posted Image head

-- Derrick Thomas

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Don't need any more nonsense, just stick to the thread.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Heard from a few people that Rashaan has informed auburn of his intent to commit to us tomorrow. Take it with a grain of salt since there's no way to confirm it, but he told both staffs they would be notified before signing day so we'll have a good picture of the decision tomorrow.

And on the other side, I've heard he's informed the Bama staff he will not be committing to them. Also heard that's not true and he's still 50/50, good ole signing day. I believe he's already talked to the staffs though.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

And on the other side, I've heard he's informed the Bama staff he will not be committing to them. Also heard that's not true and he's still 50/50, good ole signing day. I believe he's already talked to the staffs though.

A fan can hope though.  He will be worth all of the effort that it takes I think.  It really hurts to lose him to Auburn when we were right there.

Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Did you get that from some pretty good insiders? All the mods on 247 are still saying that the AU coaching staff don't know what to think still. Which I could see them being out of the loop on this one, you don't want to do anything to screw it up.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

There is no pissing match, what I bolded was the deliberate meaning to what he was talking about. They're only entitled because of the media and "evaluators", which is terrible for college football. That was the precursor to the "topic" Scarbinsky spun, where he "didn't agree with Saban" essentially, but believe what you want, because you will anyway even when you're wrong.

When you bring this into an Auburn topic, a terrible example involving an Alabama former QB...not a surprise giving your interest of late, you're going to have a discussion on it. If you can't discuss it without trolling, then you're not much of a fan.

I post here in this thread freely as a volunteer moderator without trashing Auburn at any time, now I can ban you from the thread for off-topic if you like. You won't be telling me where to go, sorry. This isn't the trash talk forum.

I haven't trolled at all. Youre the Bama fan coming into the Auburn forum here.

Your interpretation of what McCarron said (And that's all it is) is incorrect IMO. Never does he try to say that they only feel entitled due to the media, he just talked about the media prior to stating that they were entitled. I used that quote in reference to Evans starting to act like he's entitled to coaches dancing for him (literally) and fighting for his attention and I think that's a potential issue. That's all there is to it.

You won't be banning an Auburn fan from the Auburn recruiting thread for talking about Auburn recruiting under the pretense of "off topic", sorry.

Anyway, back to Evans. He's obviously immensely talented and would help our program a lot, but we need to ensure that he comes in expecting to have to work hard for his playing time and not get any special treatment for being one of the top recruits in the country. We definitely need the help at linebacker, but we have a perfectly effective Star in Therezie already, so it's not like we'll be a sieve without Evans playing, we just won't have a bigger player capable of rushing the QB at the position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users