Auburn Recruiting Thread - Page 163 - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 163

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Auburn Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

2525 replies to this topic

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

its so simple a bama fan can do it.
keep trolling Posted Image head
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

when you click out of the thread.

Don't need any more nonsense, just stick to the thread.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Heard from a few people that Rashaan has informed auburn of his intent to commit to us tomorrow. Take it with a grain of salt since there's no way to confirm it, but he told both staffs they would be notified before signing day so we'll have a good picture of the decision tomorrow.

And on the other side, I've heard he's informed the Bama staff he will not be committing to them. Also heard that's not true and he's still 50/50, good ole signing day. I believe he's already talked to the staffs though.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

And on the other side, I've heard he's informed the Bama staff he will not be committing to them. Also heard that's not true and he's still 50/50, good ole signing day. I believe he's already talked to the staffs though.

A fan can hope though.  He will be worth all of the effort that it takes I think.  It really hurts to lose him to Auburn when we were right there.

Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Heard from a few people that Rashaan has informed auburn of his intent to commit to us tomorrow. Take it with a grain of salt since there's no way to confirm it, but he told both staffs they would be notified before signing day so we'll have a good picture of the decision tomorrow.

Did you get that from some pretty good insiders? All the mods on 247 are still saying that the AU coaching staff don't know what to think still. Which I could see them being out of the loop on this one, you don't want to do anything to screw it up.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

There is no pissing match, what I bolded was the deliberate meaning to what he was talking about. They're only entitled because of the media and "evaluators", which is terrible for college football. That was the precursor to the "topic" Scarbinsky spun, where he "didn't agree with Saban" essentially, but believe what you want, because you will anyway even when you're wrong.

When you bring this into an Auburn topic, a terrible example involving an Alabama former QB...not a surprise giving your interest of late, you're going to have a discussion on it. If you can't discuss it without trolling, then you're not much of a fan.

I post here in this thread freely as a volunteer moderator without trashing Auburn at any time, now I can ban you from the thread for off-topic if you like. You won't be telling me where to go, sorry. This isn't the trash talk forum.

I haven't trolled at all. Youre the Bama fan coming into the Auburn forum here.

Your interpretation of what McCarron said (And that's all it is) is incorrect IMO. Never does he try to say that they only feel entitled due to the media, he just talked about the media prior to stating that they were entitled. I used that quote in reference to Evans starting to act like he's entitled to coaches dancing for him (literally) and fighting for his attention and I think that's a potential issue. That's all there is to it.

You won't be banning an Auburn fan from the Auburn recruiting thread for talking about Auburn recruiting under the pretense of "off topic", sorry.

Anyway, back to Evans. He's obviously immensely talented and would help our program a lot, but we need to ensure that he comes in expecting to have to work hard for his playing time and not get any special treatment for being one of the top recruits in the country. We definitely need the help at linebacker, but we have a perfectly effective Star in Therezie already, so it's not like we'll be a sieve without Evans playing, we just won't have a bigger player capable of rushing the QB at the position.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Did you get that from some pretty good insiders? All the mods on 247 are still saying that the AU coaching staff don't know what to think still. Which I could see them being out of the loop on this one, you don't want to do anything to screw it up.
I actually have better sources than the 247 guys haha.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I think they're being overly cautious... If you look at that post with the odds from current Auburn commits, they're all more confident about Evans, Smith, and Williams, and they're probably talking to these guys more candidly than 247 is.
I see us as almost certainly getting Smith and Williams and having a good chance at Evans, Evans just pulled a dick move to end his recruiting. I'd love to sneak Bonney or Godcheaux in too, but that doesn't seem likely.

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

I haven't trolled at all. Youre the Bama fan coming into the Auburn forum here.

Your interpretation of what McCarron said (And that's all it is) is incorrect IMO. Never does he try to say that they only feel entitled due to the media, he just talked about the media prior to stating that they were entitled. I used that quote in reference to Evans starting to act like he's entitled to coaches dancing for him (literally) and fighting for his attention and I think that's a potential issue. That's all there is to it.

You won't be banning an Auburn fan from the Auburn recruiting thread for talking about Auburn recruiting under the pretense of "off topic", sorry.

Anyway, back to Evans. He's obviously immensely talented and would help our program a lot, but we need to ensure that he comes in expecting to have to work hard for his playing time and not get any special treatment for being one of the top recruits in the country. We definitely need the help at linebacker, but we have a perfectly effective Star in Therezie already, so it's not like we'll be a sieve without Evans playing, we just won't have a bigger player capable of rushing the QB at the position.

Are you thick? I'm a Global Moderator of all forums, my team affiliation doesn't matter. The simple fact that I can be objective when I have to is why I'm here. That is the difference between you and I, learn to post with objectivity then you can throw judgement. One thing is for certain, you will NOT tell me what I can or cannot do on these forums, simply because you disagree with my views. You related a topic regarding Alabama and started to tell us to "leave your forum". You can argue however you want, but you have gone off topic and that is all there is to it.

The end to this discussion is this, the title of Sarbinsky's piece is: "Nick Saban keeps signing them, but AJ McCarron is no fan of all those 5 stars". That is not what he intended, end of it.

Back on topic.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Neil, Rashaan wants to be in Auburn. I've thought that for a long time. So you're saying we should forget about a defense changing prospect that wants to come here because he invited Alabama coaches to a party and might, I repeat MIGHT, go there?

I definitely don't think that we should forget about him, but we should've been firmer with him than we were.

Posted ImagePosted Image

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've now had three guys tell me flat out Rashaan called Gus and said he'll be a tiger tomorrow.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I've now had three guys tell me flat out Rashaan called Gus and said he'll be a tiger tomorrow.
everybody Ive heard said ya'll..everybody
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posts are never deleted, only hidden from public.

Back to topic, last warning.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Posts are never deleted, only hidden from public.

Back to topic, last warning.

None of my posts visible to the public are off topic in any way whatsoever. Three of yours in this thread are. You keep going off topic and then ending your posts with "back to topic"... You sure that message isn't for yourself?

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I have no doubt that there are guys out there that can confirm it... With Stephen Roberts knowing the verdict, no doubt others do too and these kids can't keep secrets like that. It'll be nice tomorrow when we can put everything in ink.
At least Evans has made his decision before the final day... That makes the party fiasco a little less bad, but still pretty frustrating.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

I actually have better sources than the 247 guys haha.

Good, keep sending the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users