Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Auburn Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

2601 replies to this topic

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Apparently Rashaan told Stephen Roberts what his decision is. That's a very good sign for us. He probably told Tre Williams as well.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 03 February 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

Spoiling these kids and giving them unrealistic expectations by catering to their games causes issues down the road, regardless of what Sam Weir may think.

AJ McCarron said a lot of the Bammer freshman this past year came in spoiled and it affected Bama's chemistry and performance:

“In the end, success was our killer. Too much success and a lot of young guys coming in who didn’t know what it took to get back to that point to win. They thought we’d just show up and we’d win.”
“You have guys who have never played the game of football rating these guys that they are a 5-star, because they’re sitting behind a computer screen watching their highlight film. Well, their highlight film is supposed to be good, the last time I checked. That’s the kind of thing that ticks me off about recruiting and when these kids come in, and they’re 5-stars and they expect to play right off the bat. It’s a little entitlement and when they don’t play off the bat, they get a little ticked off and they don’t want to work.”

He's right. I don't like making these 5 star recruits feel like they're the greatest things on earth and that we'll do whatever they want us to, because once they sign and they're on the team they're going to get hit with the reality that they have to work hard and some of them aren't going to like that. I'd rather be up front with them instead of playing little high schooler's games. His dad's post party interviews make it pretty clear that getting Bama and Auburn coaches together at the same time was thought-out and deliberate. I say forget Evans and develop the players we've got.

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 03 February 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

Spoiling these kids and giving them unrealistic expectations by catering to their games causes issues down the road, regardless of what Sam Weir may think.

AJ McCarron said a lot of the Bammer freshman this past year came in spoiled and it affected Bama's chemistry and performance:

He's right. I don't like making these 5 star recruits feel like they're the greatest things on earth and that we'll do whatever they want us to, because once they sign and they're on the team they're going to get hit with the reality that they have to work hard and some of them aren't going to like that. I'd rather be up front with them instead of playing little high schooler's games. His dad's post party interviews make it pretty clear that getting Bama and Auburn coaches together at the same time was thought-out and deliberate. I say forget Evans and develop the players we've got.
You're right, let's trash them anonymously on a message board. That will humble them.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 03 February 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

You're right, let's trash them anonymously on a message board. That will humble them.

Would like to point out where I trashed Evans in any way whatsoever?

Honestly the way Evans is playing this Posted Image up at the last hour I'd rather us tell him to commit tomorrow morning or go elsewhere. We don't have time for petty recruiting games and I don't like any player trying to put our coaches and Alabama's coaches together specifically for publicity and controversy. Would rather see him go to Bammer where he'll fit in as a toolbag.

OK, I said he'd fit in as a toolbag at Bammer. I don't quite see that as qualifying as "trashing" him though. I'm not sure how holding the opinion that we shouldn't treat high school kids like royalty because it makes them feel entitled and ultimately makes a lot of players less effective in college qualifies as "Trashing" a player, either. Obviously me posting isn't going to humble players that never see the posts to begin with, but if our coaches would adopt that mindset, however, that WOULD humble these players, which is why I said it to begin with.

I can't imagine any Auburn fan thinking, "Hmm, yeah I'm totally cool with Rashaan Evans tarnishing our final visit with him and his family by inviting five Alabama coaches to encroach on our visit and directly compete with us for attention during our scheduled visit". I can't imagine any fan of any school being happy with a situation like that were it their coaching staff. It's disrespectful.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Alabama will be more than happy to take Evans if y'all don't want him.  He is a ridiculous talent and will probably swing the victory in several games over his college career.  

Once he signs on the line.....

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol, claaaassic, even argues with the real Auburn fans.

On the AJ and 5 stars, that wasn't exactly his point, on the entitlement...

“I think that’s one of the things that is wrong with recruiting out of high school,” said McCarron. “You have guys who have never played the game of football rating these guys that they are a 5-star, because they’re sitting behind a computer screen watching their highlight film. Well, their highlight film is supposed to be good, the last time I checked. That’s the kind of thing that ticks me off about recruiting and when these kids come in and they’re 5-stars and they expect to play right off the bat. It’s a little entitlement and when they don’t play off the bat, they get a little ticked off and they don’t want to work.”

That's Scarbinsky for you though, spinning it for more readers. His point was obviously the media giving them a big head, not that they're terrible for a school.

Complaining about 5 stars is like saying you hate your girlfriend for being too hot, because you're tired from all the amazing sex you have. Yeah, a complete joke.

Edited by Tider27, 04 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Us complaining about the entitlement is not gonna change anything. These are 18 year old kids and each one is going to handle it differently. Rahsaan is a bad mofo no matter what his family does and you go after him regardless of the situation. The coaches didn't mind it as much as the fans. They actually said the coaches got along and had a good time with one another. And yes, players do see the bashing on message boards.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 February 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Lol, claaaassic, even argues with the real Auburn fans.

On the AJ and 5 stars, that wasn't exactly his point, on the entitlement...

That's Scarbinsky for you though, spinning it for more readers. His point was obviously the media giving them a big head, not that they're terrible for a school.

Complaining about 5 stars is like saying you hate your girlfriend for being too hot, because you're tired from all the amazing sex you have. Yeah, a complete joke.

Oh cool, I can bold things, too.

“I think that’s one of the things that is wrong with recruiting out of high school,” said McCarron. “You have guys who have never played the game of football rating these guys that they are a 5-star, because they’re sitting behind a computer screen watching their highlight film. Well, their highlight film is supposed to be good, the last time I checked. That’s the kind of thing that ticks me off about recruiting and when these kids come in and they’re 5-stars and they expect to play right off the bat. It’s a little entitlement and when they don’t play off the bat, they get a little ticked off and they don’t want to work.

There are two parts to his comment and the second part certainly applies. He criticized the way 5-stars are evaluated and then he criticized the way they feel entitled to things.

I'm not going to start a pissing contest with you in an Auburn thread so if you'd like to continue it from here please feel free to GTFO our boards.

View PostFidy8, on 04 February 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

Us complaining about the entitlement is not gonna change anything. These are 18 year old kids and each one is going to handle it differently. Rahsaan is a bad mofo no matter what his family does and you go after him regardless of the situation. The coaches didn't mind it as much as the fans. They actually said the coaches got along and had a good time with one another. And yes, players do see the bashing on message boards.

It won't change anything, but that doesn't mean we should be content with it. I want hard-nosed, hard-working, committed players. After the way we got burned by Rueben Foster (And we're lucky we were) we should know better than to play games with recruits. We've got talented players who sincerely want to come to Auburn. I'll take sincerity and commitment over recruiting games any day.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It just goes with recruiting the big dogs. I would rather be in it with them than not.

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Neil, Rashaan wants to be in Auburn. I've thought that for a long time. So you're saying we should forget about a defense changing prospect that wants to come here because he invited Alabama coaches to a party and might, I repeat MIGHT, go there?
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Steven Parker announcing in 5 minutes. Hearing Auburn has a better chance than most think.
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Parker commits to OU.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 February 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

Oh cool, I can bold things, too.

There are two parts to his comment and the second part certainly applies. He criticized the way 5-stars are evaluated and then he criticized the way they feel entitled to things.

I'm not going to start a pissing contest with you in an Auburn thread so if you'd like to continue it from here please feel free to GTFO our boards.

There is no pissing match, what I bolded was the deliberate meaning to what he was talking about. They're only entitled because of the media and "evaluators", which is terrible for college football. That was the precursor to the "topic" Scarbinsky spun, where he "didn't agree with Saban" essentially, but believe what you want, because you will anyway even when you're wrong.

When you bring this into an Auburn topic, a terrible example involving an Alabama former QB...not a surprise giving your interest of late, you're going to have a discussion on it. If you can't discuss it without trolling, then you're not much of a fan.

I post here in this thread freely as a volunteer moderator without trashing Auburn at any time, now I can ban you from the thread for off-topic if you like. You won't be telling me where to go, sorry. This isn't the trash talk forum.

Edited by Tider27, 04 February 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
good lord when does it stop
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 04 February 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

good lord when does it stop
Who knows, Auburn fans are starting to panic from anxiety. We're not used to being favored to land big prospects on NSD.

Our three big targets are Rashaan, Braden Smith and Andrew Williams. We're favored to land all three, but Auburn fans are trying hard to convince themselves that Rashaan's going to Bama, Braden's going to TCU and Andrew's going to UGA when none are likely to do that.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users