Do You Believe In Ghosts? - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Believe In Ghosts? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

1. Yes (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am generally skeptical of people's ghost stories.  It is not that I don't believe in ghost.  I do.  It is more about whether the person looked hard enough for a science-based explanation.
My wife often gets "feelings" about places, but I never do.  We were at a party and I went to the bathroom where for the first time in my life I got a "feeling."  It was like someone was in there with me.  I saw a curtain suddenly move and heard a rustling noise along with it.  It was a very pronounced movement and I stood frozen for a moment trying to find a tangible cause.  My first thoughts were of some unseen pet, then a strong breeze through an open window, but really my "feeling" was telling me that I would not find one.  It wasn't frightening, just strange.
I went back out and cautiously told the rest of the guests about the experience.  The owner's said that several people who visited told them that a ghost lived there.  They had even seen similar things themselves.  They went on to tell all of us about a woman who had been recently killed in the house by her boyfriend and how they learned about it from a neighbor awhile after they had signed the lease.

BeeDee

BeeDee
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

fernandomike said:

I am generally skeptical of people's ghost stories.  It is not that I don't believe in ghost.  I do.  It is more about whether the person looked hard enough for a science-based explanation.
My wife often gets "feelings" about places, but I never do.  We were at a party and I went to the bathroom where for the first time in my life I got a "feeling."  It was like someone was in there with me.  I saw a curtain suddenly move and heard a rustling noise along with it.  It was a very pronounced movement and I stood frozen for a moment trying to find a tangible cause.  My first thoughts were of some unseen pet, then a strong breeze through an open window, but really my "feeling" was telling me that I would not find one.  It wasn't frightening, just strange.
I went back out and cautiously told the rest of the guests about the experience.  The owner's said that several people who visited told them that a ghost lived there.  They had even seen similar things themselves.  They went on to tell all of us about a woman who had been recently killed in the house by her boyfriend and how they learned about it from a neighbor awhile after they had signed the lease.

That is pretty crazy.  My wife swears that she gets those 'feelings' too. Our house was built at the turn of the 20th century (1906 to be exact) and I know that there have been several births and deaths in the house (two children died during childbirth), but I've never run into anything crazy - at least not so far.
Original Image: http://www.servercentrix.com/albums/sectalk_news/o_zone.gif

Foxman

Foxman
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not argueing against anyones stories, but.sometimes your mind can make you think something thats not.  Like if anyone has gone hunting, its amazing how everything can look what you're looking for.  

One things for sure,  We have ALOT to learn about the human brain.
Original Image: <a href='http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0425/ncf_g_foster_300.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://assets.espn.g..._foster_300.jpg</a>

USC66

USC66
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have seen the exact moment when someone's earthly body has ceased to function many times. I have never felt a whoosh of air flying by me or seen anything to prove to me that there is a ghost.
Then again, I have seen the aura surrounding a body through infrared lenses. This is the heat the body emits but who's to say this heat being emitted isn't really the soul's energy being emitted?

GTmorris1970

GTmorris1970
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever said:

Well, college football is so close we can almost smell the pigskin in the air. However, there is only so much we can talk about practices everyday. I figured I would make a thread to keep us distracted at least a little while longer while we all wait on the best time of the year. So heres the question:

Do you believe in ghosts?

Feel free to give any reasoning or share any experiences.

Yes I do.  Have at least one in my house.  Live in an old house where someone died.  Experiences: Hear someone walking on the hardwoods at night (Dogs have even barked at that), hear radio playing very old country music in the mornings at very low volume (We don't listen to country music, etc).  Thought I was crazy at first, but now it is no big deal to us, just a part of the family.  If it hasn't done anything to us by now, figure it ain't gonna!!  :)

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

USC66 said:

I have seen the exact moment when someone's earthly body has ceased to function many times. I have never felt a whoosh of air flying by me or seen anything to prove to me that there is a ghost.
Then again, I have seen the aura surrounding a body through infrared lenses. This is the heat the body emits but who's to say this heat being emitted isn't really the soul's energy being emitted?

the freakiest thing i've ever seen was a picture a friend of mine took of her sister's mausoleum.  there was a clear orange figure hovering above.   obviously this was almost certainly just a camera issue, but it was freaky nonetheless.

that being said....i don't believe that ghosts exist.   i'm not a particularly spiritual person but i would guess there are two options for death.   either we die and that's it, or we die and god has some plan for us afterwards.   i can't fathom why that plan would be to keep our spirit on earth to freak people out, hehe.

of course the concept of ghosts freaks me out a great deal so maybe it's just wishful thinking that they don't exist  ;)
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

SeattleGamecocks

SeattleGamecocks

God of Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've definitely felt presences on many occasions, but that could be dismissed as some type of psychological trip.  My most convincing experience, though, I am absolutely convinced were 2 "ghosts."  I lived in an old house in the historic district of Charleston, where my Great Aunt referred to as the red light district.  It had been many years since that and was actually a nice neighborhood downtown, but she remembered old Charleston.  (Sidenote: A&E did a really interesting show on Ghosts of Charleston)  The whole time I lived there I got eerie feelings.  But one night in bed I had a serious chill w/ goose bumps and all.  Sitting at the foot of my bed was the purple aura of a woman and child.  Just their outline.  It seriously freaked me out.  They didn't move at all, just sat there and the aura faded out.  Could be my imagination, but I don't think so.  I got goose bumps now just remembering that feeling.
Were you blessed? I guess for never knowing which road you're choosing.
To you the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing - from The Lucky One by Alison Krauss