September 20, 1973 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

September 20, 1973

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
On this date most people would say the biggest thing to happen was Billie Jean King defeating Bobby Riggs in "battle of sexes" tennis match. It got world wide attention.
But for a 15 year old kid from Arkansas, it was the day my world changed. And I never looked at music the same way again. It's the day Jim Croce died in plane crash en route to a performance at Austin College in Sherman, Texas from Natchitoches, Louisiana two months after the release of his album "Time in a Bottle."
For those  who'd too young and unfamiliar with Jim Croce and his work should take the time to give him a listen. His songs were stories told with a couple of guitars and a smile. He and Maury Muehleisen were magic as the two belted out one hit after another.
I'm convinced that if not for the tragic event on September 20th 1973, and Maury and Jim wasn't taken from us so freaking soon, Croce would have been one of the most popular singer/songwriters of all time.
Do yourself a favor and check out the history of this amazing artist.

LSU Aaron

LSU Aaron

1.21 Jigowatts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks for sharing.  There was such a sincere quality to his singing and songwriting.  His Greatest Hits was actually my very first album.

Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Most people do not realize that Croce was the original choice to play Chico, opposite the Man.

RTR
Posted Image

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

the Paradox said:

Most people do not realize that Croce was the original choice to play Chico, opposite the Man.

RTR

Now cut that out Rochester! There's no place for tomfoolery here. But in a non related story, Ni¬Ęk $aban is being looked at to be in the remake of Leave it to Beaver. He's being cast as Eddie Haskell. And may I say. You hair looks lovely today Dox.