Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Dexter Moody's scholarship rescinded...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

According to published reports, Georgia football coach Mark Richt has rescinded a scholarship offer to Emanuel County Institute's Dexter Moody.

UGAsports.com is reporting that Richt will hold a press conference later this afternoon to announce that the Bulldogs will not take Moody, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound linebacker, due to behavioral issues.

Fwiw.

hmsdawgs

hmsdawgs
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wow, thats a surprise.  Wonder if charges of some sort will be pressed in the near future for Moody?  Also seems strange for Richt to have a press conference on the release of a player who isnt even at the University.

Hoopergdawg

Hoopergdawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is this the kid that had rumors about him and the coaches' wife?

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm sure he will go on to play for Ole Miss or Florida, in fact, I bet GU already has his essay on why it's okay for Moody to play at UF.

:whistle:
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wonder why he is just now pulling his scholarship.

reese

reese
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Signee Moody becomes a late subtraction | Blogs.OnlineAthens.com

Georgia's football recruiting class had two late additions in tight end Orson Charles and defensive lineman Kwame Geathers.
They now have a late subtraction.
Here's the story on Dexter Moody that I just sent in to get posted online.

By Marc Weiszer
marc.weiszer@onlineathens.com

Georgia has cut ties with football signee Dexter Moody.
The linebacker from Emanuel County Institute in Twin City has been released from his scholarship by the school because of a combination of academic and behavior issues, according to his coach.
Milan Turner said Georgia informed Moody on Friday about its decision.
“They kind of had a plan for him to finish up the year as far as eligibility and schoolwork and behavior,” Turner said. “He’s kind of gotten off track there and I think they felt it was best to give him an unconditional release and let him kind of decide what he wants to do.”
Turner said he was unsure whether the university made the decision or it was made independently by the football program. Turner said Moody had no legal issues that were a factor.
“I think there’s some disappointment there, but he’s a senior in high school and when they give you a plan to follow and you don’t follow it, you kind of reap what you sow,” Turner said.
Turner said Georgia had a weekly plan for Moody to follow in hopes of showing progress academically.
“It had to do with grades and test taking,” Turner said. “I just don’t think he was following the plan that was set up for him.”
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Moody played in the Under Armour All-American game and was rated No. 101 on the ESPNU150 rankings.
Moody also considered Florida and LSU.
“I’m sure there will be other folks interested,” Turner said

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Watch Florida sign him.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

Watch Florida sign him.

GU already has his BS essay typed up and ready to copy/paste.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
From what I've heard, some poster on a forum alleges that he was DM's classmate, and that DM got into a fight with his teacher. Again, just a rumor.
Posted Image

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

Watch Florida sign him.

I think its more likely he'll come here. :D
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Supposedly:

Devil53 said:

Dexter Moody's scholarship was pulled today because of an altercation with a teacher last week. There were rumors 2 months ago about a situation with Moody and an older female who is very "close" to the ECI program. Nothing was ever proven with that. The confrontation that happened last week was serious. Dexter was in class and had a big confrontation with one of his teachers. He threatened the teacher and threw a desk across the room. Basically, his loose cannon finally fired off. Dexter was kicked out of ECI and is now attending an alternative school nearby.

He is supposedly going to attend Troy and may play baseball. He's also had behavior problems before in the classroom. I hope the kid straightens his life out, but I'm glad he's not coming to Athens.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

GU already has his BS essay typed up and ready to copy/paste.

Why would I write an essay to justify that kid playing at UF? Every player that's done something deplorable at UF and gotten himself dismissed, I've said as much. And, those players who are later found to have done nothing wrong, I make sure to post that info as well. Interesting that some UGA fans love to convict UF guys on rumor alone; but fail to do the same things with their own players. Meyer has been pretty quick to get rid of the real trouble makers; but he's also willing to give second chances, provided he's convinced the kid might do something with it, and provided the transgression isn't serious enough to warrant outright dismissal.

As for Moody... well, even with a couple schollies left to hand out, I don't think Meyer is interested in wasting them on a 3* LB with discipline problems.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gatorunvrsty said:

Why would I write an essay to justify that kid playing at UF? Every player that's done something deplorable at UF and gotten himself dismissed, I've said as much. And, those players who are later found to have done nothing wrong, I make sure to post that info as well. Interesting that some UGA fans love to convict UF guys on rumor alone; but fail to do the same things with their own players. Meyer has been pretty quick to get rid of the real trouble makers; but he's also willing to give second chances, provided he's convinced the kid might do something with it, and provided the transgression isn't serious enough to warrant outright dismissal.

As for Moody... well, even with a couple schollies left to hand out, I don't think Meyer is interested in wasting them on a 3* LB with discipline problems.

Moody, is capable of playing a couple of positions though. It's a shame really that he is going to likely end up pissing his career away.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

Moody, is capable of playing a couple of positions though. It's a shame really that he is going to likely end up pissing his career away.

I'll be honest with you... I can't believe any of them do what they do to piss away all they have coming. Especially guys who are like sophomores or juniors already in school. I mean, it's not like you have to be an angel or anything in the first place, if you're a star athlete. You already get more benefit of the doubt than average students. You don't have to be a good boy... you just can't be such a POS that nobody wants to have anything to do with you. Do that, pass your crip courses, and become a frickin' millionaire. I just don't ever get it... and I don't ever want to be able to understand that kind of stupidity. It might be contagious.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gatorunvrsty said:

I'll be honest with you... I can't believe any of them do what they do to piss away all they have coming. Especially guys who are like sophomores or juniors already in school. I mean, it's not like you have to be an angel or anything in the first place, if you're a star athlete. You already get more benefit of the doubt than average students. You don't have to be a good boy... you just can't be such a POS that nobody wants to have anything to do with you. Do that, pass your crip courses, and become a frickin' millionaire. I just don't ever get it... and I don't ever want to be able to understand that kind of stupidity. It might be contagious.

Pretty much my opinion too, why act like a piss ant and blow millions of dollars. Just f'n behave, seriously.
Posted Image