Vols DT McDaniel pleads guilty to assault - Page 2 - Tennessee Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Vols DT McDaniel pleads guilty to assault

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Cianne said:

You're right. Bowden wouldn't have suspended him for the Florida game but he wouldn't have pulled any retroactive suspension crap like Tennessee did.  Also, my money is that Tony will be forking over tons of cash now and later through alwsuit and not in the form of any donation.

I am as embarrassed by the punishment as I am by the crime.  :o

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

fernandomike said:

I am as embarrassed by the punishment as I am by the crime.  :o

I would be, that guy needs to be kicked off the team.I wouldn't want players like that on my team. :D

OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

supergenius said:

This article answers a few questions.
http://www.tennessea...TS0601/50731001

This article does raise some questions. It seems I was wrong earlier in the thread when I said the victim would sign off on the deal. He was never involved in that decision. Again, do not think I condone McDaniel's actions in this, but look at this part of the story.

The incident was caught on a video surveillance tape at UT’s recreation center, and Goodrich has seen the tape. He said several other football players were also playing in the game and that some of them were milling around laughing following the punch and while he lay unconscious on the court.

How exactly does Goodrich know what is happening when he is unconscious? There was nothing in the video to support his claim of football players laughing at him in the video and nobody that was there would attest to players doing what he said happened. I understand Goodrich has plenty of reason to be PO'd, but it seems as if he is doing his best to drum up sympathy. He will have his chance at revenge as he is going to file a cival suit.

AuburnandGamecockGirl

AuburnandGamecockGirl
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OrangeCrush said:

This article does raise some questions. It seems I was wrong earlier in the thread when I said the victim would sign off on the deal. He was never involved in that decision. Again, do not think I condone McDaniel's actions in this, but look at this part of the story.

The incident was caught on a video surveillance tape at UT’s recreation center, and Goodrich has seen the tape. He said several other football players were also playing in the game and that some of them were milling around laughing following the punch and while he lay unconscious on the court.

How exactly does Goodrich know what is happening when he is unconscious? There was nothing in the video to support his claim of football players laughing at him in the video and nobody that was there would attest to players doing what he said happened. I understand Goodrich has plenty of reason to be PO'd, but it seems as if he is doing his best to drum up sympathy. He will have his chance at revenge as he is going to file a cival suit.
\

Has the tape been made public?
AuburnandGamecockGirl
aka Jennifer
Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OrangeCrush said:

I have not seen the video so I cannot speak first hand what is on it. I could be wrong but I doubt if McDaniel would play this season if he were not a starter and very good. I feel comfortable in saying that most coaches in the SEC would have booted him for the year. I hope that he learns from this and that this is the last time he gets in trouble. I am tired of the bad news and having to read police blotters to get my sports news.  RTR
Posted Image

Cianne

Cianne

Oct. 2005 Poster of the Month

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OrangeCrush said:

How exactly does Goodrich know what is happening when he is unconscious? There was nothing in the video to support his claim of football players laughing at him in the video and nobody that was there would attest to players doing what he said happened.

Have you seen the video and if so can you point the rest of us to it? I find it very, very likely that a bunch of football players would laugh if one of their friends knocked the block off some other guy but that's just what I know of people in general that hang out in cliques.

OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Cianne said:

Have you seen the video and if so can you point the rest of us to it? I find it very, very likely that a bunch of football players would laugh if one of their friends knocked the block off some other guy but that's just what I know of people in general that hang out in cliques.

The Video is not available to the public and I have not seen it. I am using Tony McDaniel's attorney for the bit about the video not showing the football players laughing or having any one of the witness attest to what the vicitim is claiming. I'll dig aroung and see if I can find an article to back this up.

The retro-suspension and two game suspension is very light. If you are going to go that route, then I think a minimum of half the season should be the suspension for Mr.McDaniel. Like I have said before, McDaniel has been a positive for the UT football team, until this incident. His grades are good and he has no prior record or part of any incidents while at UT. Why couldn't half the season be a fair enough price for Tony to learn to not hit anybody? In a way, it is probably good for Goodrich that McDaniel is only gone for two games. If McDaniel has a good enough season, he will go pro. Goodrich can extract his pound of flesh with the settlement he will get in his civil suit.

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Could ya'll get Jesse arrested before we have our game??  Thanks!
:p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even if he gets arrested, you know he is gonna play against ya'll.  We are just suspending players for our easy games against UAB and UF.  No wait a minute, UAB is tough.   :D

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

fernandomike said:

Even if he gets arrested, you know he is gonna play against ya'll. We are just suspending players for our easy games against UAB and UF. No wait a minute, UAB is tough. :D

That's okay.  I've heard that we are going up to Angola and get a few dudes to play just for the Tennessee game.  We want it to be fair!  (Oh, and knives, guns, and chains are allowed on the line, right?!?)
:D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

That's okay.  I've heard that we are going up to Angola and get a few dudes to play just for the Tennessee game.  We want it to be fair!  (Oh, and knives, guns, and chains are allowed on the line, right?!?)

I am not sure that those Angola buys will know what hit em.  Two game suspensions will mean that our thugs will have more than there usual amount of pent-up aggression.  That is a scary thought.  Those tigers who are affilated with fraternities especially better beware.

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

fernandomike said:

I am not sure that those Angola buys will know what hit em. Two game suspensions will mean that our thugs will have more than there usual amount of pent-up aggression. That is a scary thought. Those tigers who are affilated with fraternities especially better beware.

Ha-Ha-Ha
Okey dokey, Dude.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cianne

Cianne

Oct. 2005 Poster of the Month

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

Man Angola sucks.

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Cianne said:

Man Angola sucks.

Previously the baddest prison in the US, but a new warden cleaned it up a few years ago and it is a pretty good model now (for such a big place).  Parchman is your Angola, right?
;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Manning is our Angola. I had to take a tour of the place when I was 16 (for reasons that we won't go into here). It was hell on earth....
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image