Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Vols DT McDaniel pleads guilty to assault

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

AuburnandGamecockGirl

AuburnandGamecockGirl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2118781
AuburnandGamecockGirl
aka Jennifer
Posted Image

GTmorris1970

GTmorris1970
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AuburnandGamecockGirl said:

I say boot him!!  :mad:

Cianne

Cianne

Oct. 2005 Poster of the Month

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GTmorris1970 said:

Naw, a two game suspension is much better for a guy who single handedly collapsed a guy's face forcing him to have to live with an inserted metal plate for the rest of his life.

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Cianne said:

Naw, a two game suspension is much better for a guy who single handedly collapsed a guy's face forcing him to have to live with an inserted metal plate for the rest of his life.

I agree.  I haven't heard any announcement, but the word is he'll get 2-3 games.  That is a shame.  One season plus the successful completion of an anger management program should be the minimum requirement before returning to football.

Cianne

Cianne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Here's what the article says.

The Article said:

McDaniel, suspended since the incident, will be allowed to return to the team, but coach Phillip Fulmer announced that McDaniel will have to sit out the first two games of the season, complete community service, attend anger management counseling and abide by a curfew for the
fall semester.

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Cianne said:

Here's what the article says.

Sorry, I thought that it was an article that I had read before so I only glanced at it.   :o

OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There is no defense for the action that T.McDaniel took on the basketball court. A two game suspension seems like the wrong message to send to the team, university, and all the fans of UT football. That being said, there are a few things that needed to be pointed out. McDaniel is on the hook for all of the young mans medical bills. Also, for the charge to be lowered from a felony to a misdemenor, the young man had to sign off on it. He did. Tony, by many accounts from people over at UT is a good kid who did something very wrong. He has no prior record and nobody at UT had ever reported a problem concerning Tony before. I do not think Tony is a thug, but a stiffer punishment seems appropiate.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

fernandomike said:

Sorry, I thought that it was an article that I had read before so I only glanced at it.   :o
Damn Nando, get your s%$t together!!
Posted Image

Bongo

Bongo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
6-7 and 295....  that's like getting run over by a bus....must be more to it than we know or I'm sure someone getting metals plates in their face would not let him off so easily.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OrangeCrush said:

There is no defense for the action that T.McDaniel took on the basketball court. A two game suspension seems like the wrong message to send to the team, university, and all the fans of UT football. That being said, there are a few things that needed to be pointed out. McDaniel is on the hook for all of the young mans medical bills. Also, for the charge to be lowered from a felony to a misdemenor, the young man had to sign off on it. He did. Tony, by many accounts from people over at UT is a good kid who did something very wrong. He has no prior record and nobody at UT had ever reported a problem concerning Tony before. I do not think Tony is a thug, but a stiffer punishment seems appropiate.
This is not a ut bashing post but the wrong message is being sent from Fullmer. He talks about cleaning up his program and how embarassed he, the players, and fans are concerning all the off season trouble. When given a chance to actually DO something about it, he resorts to using the Bobby Bowden method of punishment. Make no mistake, what McDaniel did was horriffic and premeditated. I have it from an excellent source that he told the victim that one more foul and he would be punched. I am not advocating the end of this young man's career, merely an end to his 2005 season. I would feel the same if it were a Bama player. Those that know me can tell you that I have a real distain for thuggish players or players that commit thuggish acts. Sometimes it is time to take out the trash. RTR
Posted Image

Bongo

Bongo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
you're right superg....with all of the negative publicity the SEC schools are getting this does seem light.

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GTmorris1970 said:

I second that. :D

OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

supergenius said:

Make no mistake, what McDaniel did was horriffic and premeditated. I have it from an excellent source that he told the victim that one more foul and he would be punched.

I have heard conflicting reports. Supposedly, McDaniel was getting hacked pretty hard by quite a few people. I've heard that he told the whole group that he would get whoever fouled him next and I have heard that he told the victim specificly that he would get him if another hack occured. It has also been mentioned that the victim was running his mouth and egging it on. None of this makes it right for McDaniel to do what he did. And please do not compare what Fulmer did to Bowden, Bobby would have never suspended him for the Florida game.

My money is on that Tony will make a sizable donation to the victim once he begins his pro career. Just a hunch

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OrangeCrush said:

This article answers a few questions.
http://www.tennessea...TS0601/50731001
Posted Image

Cianne

Cianne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OrangeCrush said:

I have heard conflicting reports. Supposedly, McDaniel was getting hacked pretty hard by quite a few people. I've heard that he told the whole group that he would get whoever fouled him next and I have heard that he told the victim specificly that he would get him if another hack occured. It has also been mentioned that the victim was running his mouth and egging it on. None of this makes it right for McDaniel to do what he did. And please do not compare what Fulmer did to Bowden, Bobby would have never suspended him for the Florida game.

My money is on that Tony will make a sizable donation to the victim once he begins his pro career. Just a hunch

You're right. Bowden wouldn't have suspended him for the Florida game but he wouldn't have pulled any retroactive suspension crap like Tennessee did.  Also, my money is that Tony will be forking over tons of cash now and later through alwsuit and not in the form of any donation.