Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Forbes Top College Towns

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Something is horribly wrong w/the picture for Lexington.
In Depth: Top College Sports Towns - Forbes.com

Edit: Nevermind....they had a picture of UofL's stadium up......guess they got the memo.
Posted Image

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
B.S. list. 50% of those towns are in the Big Televen. Proof again most journalists don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

"That’s right, I am the mod at SECTalk. So what? If I don’t like a Anti-UF post, i move it or delete it. Not much anyone can say or do about it, is there?"--GatorHunter via Loserwithsocks.com

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I call BS on all of the schools on that list that aren't in the south. No environment up north can compare to the South's.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Guys... did you even read the articles?? The school had very little to do with anything. Chill out! There is no right or wrong answer anyway!
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
I'll give them Penn State and Wisconsin.

"That’s right, I am the mod at SECTalk. So what? If I don’t like a Anti-UF post, i move it or delete it. Not much anyone can say or do about it, is there?"--GatorHunter via Loserwithsocks.com

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's based on income and home value.  The school or fans have nothing to do with it.  Besides there isn't one town on that list I'd want to live in.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Exactly.  Read the article, and then post folks before spouting off.  Lexington is a great place to live and extremely affordable.
Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Chapel Hill and Palo Alto are probably the only two on the list I'd consider (not that they're high on my list either), but I don't really have a problem with any of the others making the list.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

PuddingTime said:

Exactly.  Read the article, and then post folks before spouting off.  Lexington is a great place to live and extremely affordable.

I read the article and it's still B.S. If it's based on finance and affordability and not the athletics then the list is wrong. You can't say Nashville, Knoxville and Boise are top 10 in America over all and then leave them off college sports town if it has nothing to do with sports. If it is dealing with sports and not financing the list is crap with 50% being the Big Televen.

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

OmahaBound said:

Chapel Hill and Palo Alto are probably the only two on the list I'd consider (not that they're high on my list either), but I don't really have a problem with any of the others making the list.

Choosing from that list I would only live in Lexington (favorite city maybe in all of U.S.) and maybe Madison (never been there but heard all about it). The others I have been to and no thanks.

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Carlos Thomas is trying to grab the kentucky player's butt. :P

I'm back, :lanekiffin: ers.

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Charlottesville is a really nice town. My sister-in-law lives there. Kinda boring but really pretty and upscale.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I honestly do not see what the price of a 4 bedroom home means in regards to "best college town." Most college students rent, not own, so that is completely meaningless. Yet that seems to be one of their primary factors in consideration. When I think "best college town" I think of the following:

Affordable living
Young median age
Relatively close to big cities/attractions
Cheap bars
Quality nightlife
Good weather
Fitness level (yes, that's right.... nobody likes a college town where everyone is fat)

I mean really.... Ann Arbor, MI? I can think of reasons why Starkville, MS is better.

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

I honestly do not see what the price of a 4 bedroom home means in regards to "best college town."

Bingo.  The name "Top College Sports Towns" is a real misnomer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
D^3 I can think of even more than that for Bowling Green which is all young people and right in between Louisville and Nashville. Plus it's a Top 25 all time basketball program.