Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

USC Recruiting News

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
16040 replies to this topic

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
According to what I have heard, USC's Athletics Dept. phones have been ringing off the hook with recruits now wanting to come to USC since Spurrier has been linked to the HC job.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The #1 nationally ranked WR Derrick Williams (Rivals, PrepStar, SuperPrep, TheInsiders) has stated that he would be willing to de-commit and listen to what Mr. Spurrier had to say if Mr. Spurrier is interested.
Posted Image

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

rabidcock

rabidcock
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
To which team was he committed?

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

rabidcock said:

To which team was he committed?

He has given Florida a verbal commitment.
Posted Image

rabidcock

rabidcock
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am sure you also heard that Notre Dame commitment, Martin Frierson, a receiver from Irmo, had earlier expressed an interest in playing for Spurrier, "wherever he coached."

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

rabidcock said:

I am sure you also heard that Notre Dame commitment, Martin Frierson, a receiver from Irmo, had earlier expressed an interest in playing for Spurrier, "wherever he coached."

I heard about that the other day.
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

rabidcock said:

Now he is back on the recruiting market since the announcement of Ty Willingham's termination. Currently, USC is his front runner.
Posted Image

Hardie

Hardie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think the firing of Willingham is going to greatly affect recruting... all them kids that commited to Notre Dame just because of Willingham are going to recend on that commitment and will be lookin another school cuz they feel liek they have been cheated.

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Hardie said:

I think the firing of Willingham is going to greatly affect recruting... all them kids that commited to Notre Dame just because of Willingham are going to recend on that commitment and will be lookin another school cuz they feel liek they have been cheated.

Those recruits were sold on Notre Dame. A coach goes out and sells the university to the recruit. That's part of the job. Those recruits along with Mr. Willingham were cheated. With so much parity in college football now, people don't go to a certain school because of tradition anymore. They wanna go to a place to win and get exposure so they can make a leap at the NFL.
Posted Image

RW13

RW13

King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We also have the #4 TE in the nation (out of North Carolina) interested in us now, and Ben Olsen who in 2002 was the #1 overall prospect in the nation(A QB).  He's 6'5, threw for 3000 yds, 30 TDs, and rushed for 10 tds his senior season in HS.  He redshirted in 2002 for BYU and then went on a 2 year mormon mission in Canada, USC is now one of his front-runners.  Also, and yes this is not a misprint, www.allsportstalk.com (Phil Kornblut) reports that Roscoe Crosby (a former clemson WR) wants to return to college football and his first choice to play would be at USC.., it's certainly been a wild couple of weeks, I'm glad we're not going to a bowl game b/c all of this recruiting info is too much to keep up with let alone a real football game!!! J/k btw....

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RW13 said:

We also have the #4 TE in the nation (out of North Carolina) interested in us now, and Ben Olsen who in 2002 was the #1 overall prospect in the nation(A QB).  He's 6'5, threw for 3000 yds, 30 TDs, and rushed for 10 tds his senior season in HS.  He redshirted in 2002 for BYU and then went on a 2 year mormon mission in Canada, USC is now one of his front-runners.  Also, and yes this is not a misprint, www.allsportstalk.com (Phil Kornblut) reports that Roscoe Crosby (a former clemson WR) wants to return to college football and his first choice to play would be at USC.., it's certainly been a wild couple of weeks, I'm glad we're not going to a bowl game b/c all of this recruiting info is too much to keep up with let alone a real football game!!! J/k btw....

Yep...Mr. Spurrier had a in-house meeting with QB prospect Cameron Sexton today. Sexton says he will make a decision first thing next week.

I heard about that NC TE too. His name is Jonathan Hannah from South View HS. UNC has been courting him for years and finally got a in-home visit. During Mr. Bunting's visit, Coach Spurrier called and set-up a in-home visit. HAHAHAHA!  Here UNC has begged for a visit for years and in roughly 80 seconds, Spurrier sets one up after talking to the kid for a minute. That speaks volumes on Spurrier's ability to recruit.

http://scout.scout.c...&c=1&nid=964746

USC recruiting targets:
http://scout.scout.c...z?s=184&p=9&c=4
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know Alabama is trying to steal one of USC's prized recruiting targets.

TB Mike Davis out of Columbia HS.

http://scout.scout.c...c=1&nid=1142403
Posted Image

Tidetalk

Tidetalk
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

DeLoreanfan1 said:

I know Alabama is trying to steal one of USC's prized recruiting targets.

TB Mike Davis out of Columbia HS.

http://scout.scout.c...c=1&nid=1142403

DeL,  I think that is a long-shot.  I hear he is good though.  I think Bama has a chance to get RBs Mikel Simpson out of Pennsylvania and Roy Upchurch out of Tallahassee.   I think they have both expressed more interest in Bama than Davis.  Is Davis as good as advertised?

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tidetalk said:

DeL,  I think that is a long-shot.  I hear he is good though.  I think Bama has a chance to get RBs Mikel Simpson out of Pennsylvania and Roy Upchurch out of Tallahassee.   I think they have both expressed more interest in Bama than Davis.  Is Davis as good as advertised?

I have seen Davis play personally and he is as good as he sounds. This guy cuts on a dime and has tremendous break-away speed. He is more of a "dancing" type TB. He's not a N-S runner. He reminds me a little of the old Nebraska QB Eric Crouch with his speed and agility.
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RW13 said:

Good news RW!  Mr. Spurrier and Stockhill spent 4 1/2 hours with that QB prospect Cameron Sexton and he is really excited about Spurrier and his system and he is supposed to make his decision on 12/2/04. He has narrowed his list down to USC, UNC and Florida St. According to what I have heard, Spurrier promised him the chance at being the starter as a freshman and that if he chose USC, he would do everything he could to make him the best QB he can be. Cameron also stated that he may still commit to USC even without taking a official visit.

http://scout.scout.c...c=1&nid=1187712
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users