Ahhh. The joys of Breast Feeding Class..... - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Ahhh. The joys of Breast Feeding Class.....

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
So, my wife informs me yesterday I would be spending 2 and a half hours watching slides of nipples and babies latching on them last night. I never thought this act of nursing was really that hard, until last night.

I learned how to do the football hold latterell nursing position. Also, how to pinch the nipple like a hamburger and tease the babies lip. Really this is old hat for the wife since this kind of our foreplay. Anyway, I've gone to everyone of these classes and to be honest..... it's really an interesting time in my life.

3 weeks and my spawn reaches the world. ANy advice from first year fathers.... or you old hats? Am I really about to get zero sleep?

"That’s right, I am the mod at SECTalk. So what? If I don’t like a Anti-UF post, i move it or delete it. Not much anyone can say or do about it, is there?"--GatorHunter via Loserwithsocks.com

BamaFreak

BamaFreak

I'm just a patsy!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
During the actual delivery, do NOT look at your wife's coochie at any point during and especially after.  Just take my word for it.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." -- G.K. Chesterton

SCRooster68

SCRooster68
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Encourage your wife to breastfeed for at least a year. This will help YOU get some sleep. She will not get much though.lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
I was told looking at it causes my face to met like Raiders of The Lost Ark.

"That’s right, I am the mod at SECTalk. So what? If I don’t like a Anti-UF post, i move it or delete it. Not much anyone can say or do about it, is there?"--GatorHunter via Loserwithsocks.com

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BamaFanNKy said:

So, my wife informs me yesterday I would be spending 2 and a half hours watching slides of nipples and babies latching on them last night. I never thought this act of nursing was really that hard, until last night.

I learned how to do the football hold latterell nursing position. Also, how to pinch the nipple like a hamburger and tease the babies lip. Really this is old hat for the wife since this kind of our foreplay. Anyway, I've gone to everyone of these classes and to be honest..... it's really an interesting time in my life.

3 weeks and my spawn reaches the world. ANy advice from first year fathers.... or you old hats? Am I really about to get zero sleep?

I'm not sure why she had you attend the nursing class. You can use that information about as much as a woman can utilize knowledge of how we take a leak standing up. But she is pregnant with your child and as a dad myself I understand you are in survival mode right now so questioning her about this could result in your death by her probably somewhat swollen hand. :eek:

As for useful advice......remember that teaching your child discipline is a never ending job, and it requires much more than a just spanking when they act bad. A child is a little sponge that absorbs everything around it, good or bad. The actions a child sees from you carry as much or more weight in teaching your child than what you say. Also, as soon as you see that your child has the slightest understanding (around 6-9 months), that is the time to start teaching discipline. A person's personality is pretty well set by the age of 4 or 5. If you wait until they are close to that age you have already lost the battle. Wile teaching a child proper discipline is not a guarantee they will turn out good, not teaching them discipline does guarantee they will fail in life.
Posted Image

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
One word of advice......Don't ask your wife for sex the day she gets home from the hospital.
2014 Football (0-1, 0-1)
9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

MBGamecock

MBGamecock

Pole Dancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My son was born on November 30. I haven't had any sleep in about 7 weeks now.   j/k

My wife and I take turns. She hasn't gone back to work yet, so she takes care of feedings during the night. (She's not breastfeeding) When I get home from work in the evenings she goes to bed. I take care of him until 11pm-1am, depending on when he eats, and put him in the crib. On weekends I take care of him as much as posible so she can rest. We tried letting him sleep in the same room as us, but we can't get any sleep. He makes a lot of noises when he sleeps.

We've started giving him rice cereal with his milk at night to help him sleep a little longer and we give water with karo syrup or apple-prune juice and water between feedings during the day sometimes. This also helps with constipation.

Don't be afraid to let him/her cry sometimes. You'll know if something is wrong or if he/she is just pouting.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Breastfeeding leads to the demise of otherwise good boobs.  Sure they look great while they are full of milk, but they become old dried up anesthesia bags afterwards.  Go with formula!

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Breast feeding has also shown signs to reduce weight in women quicker and increased IQ. See I paid attention to the indoctrination meeting.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

razorhead said:

Breastfeeding leads to the demise of otherwise good boobs.  Sure they look great while they are full of milk, but they become old dried up anesthesia bags afterwards.  Go with formula!

Or when Junior gets to old for nursing, you can step in and make sure those glorious boobs keep on workin! :D
Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I heard all that too.  My first was not breast fed and has been healthy and athletic.  My second was and has had issues.  My third was only for a couple weeks and she is doing well.  I think my exwife just had bad milk.

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
One of the pictures from last nights hand out:
Posted Image

Something says that's a bit old.

WooHawg

WooHawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know what you mean man.  My son was born last Friday and the lactation nurses quickly schooled us on the art of breastfeeding.  I have to say, the lactation nurses are a life saver.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BamaFanNKy said:

One of the pictures from last nights hand out:
Posted Image

Something says that's a bit old.

I was flipping the channels one night and there was a story on how this mom was letting her son who was in 1st grade breast feed. I thought it was kinda odd. Found out she was letting his brother (I think 4 years old) breast feed too.

Those kids are gonna love boobies.

ugafan48

ugafan48

Cut it all right in two.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And just think, Bamafan, if this class doesn't help you out, Ron Paul has a video about breast feeding!!! :ph34r: