Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

It's being reported that Weis will return

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Williams-Brice

Williams-Brice

I'm just sayin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"The Lead", which is ESPN's newest installment on their bottom line/ticker has been flashing that Charlie Weis will return to ND.  They cite two sources.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I guess Myers is disappointed:ph34r:
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

ugafan48

ugafan48

Cut it all right in two.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Someone wants to keep underachieving lard balls around.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Somebody must still think he can come out of the quagmire. I don't, though. I think they need a new man on the scene.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

sheluvsbama said:

Somebody must still think he can come out of the quagmire. I don't, though. I think they need a new man on the scene.

He is no man SLB. Hes a slug.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SeanVol

SeanVol

Resident Idiot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I feel sorry for the ND fans! Weis must've flashed the old Super Bowl Ring to the ND brass. :lol:

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

crimsonnation713 said:

He is no man SLB. Hes a slug.

I have never felt he was good for them. They should have fired him LAST year. I was surprised they let him stay, and I considered it a very poor decision for the team. I know the fans want a new coach!
Posted Image

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That's a helluva buy-out...even with Vatican money.

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They have invested so much in him they might as well endure another mediocre season.  This is just to make doubly sure he is not the man for the job.

adamsputnik

adamsputnik
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cool, looks like another 6-6 season on the cards for the Domers.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Reports say Charlie Weis staying at Notre Dame
Football coach's status ready to be resolved with news conference
By Brian Hamilton | Tribune reporter
December 3, 2008

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Whether Charlie Weis would return as Notre Dame's coach was going to be determined after a review that would last "a period of time," according to athletic director Jack Swarbrick.

That period of time apparently lasted about 48 hours.

Multiple reports Tuesday citing anonymous sources said Weis would return to the Irish sideline for a fifth season in 2009 despite two disappointing years on the heels of two Bowl Championship Series bids.

The South Bend Tribune reported there would be a news conference Wednesday to announce the decision.

Football team spokesman Brian Hardin said he had no information to confirm Weis would be back. John Heisler, senior associate athletic director for media relations, said he had no knowledge of an imminent announcement.

Swarbrick was on the West Coast on a fundraising trip Tuesday in San Jose, Calif. Weis has been recruiting on the West Coast as well.

The Irish's regular season ended with a 38-3 dismantling Saturday at the hands of Southern California. That dropped Weis' record to 9-15 in his last two seasons.

After that game, Swarbrick said he would begin the review process for the football program as he would with any team and its staff.

He indicated at the time that he would not meet with Weis until early next week and that no movement would occur until the two had discussed the state of affairs.

"Nothing will happen until we complete the entire review process," Swarbrick said Saturday. "We do that as a regular course. It doesn't assume something will happen."

So if the reports are accurate, Notre Dame won't have to worry about Brian Kelly not being a candidate. The Cincinnati coach said he was staying put Tuesday, even when asked directly about the Notre Dame possibility.

"All I can say is that with all the speculation and all the jobs that have been out there, sooner or later, no means no," Kelly told reporters.

"No one ever speaks in terms of forever and ever, [but] for the present and the future I expect to be here at the University of Cincinnati coaching football."

Maybe that'll shut up all the Gator-haters for awhile... at least a year.:whistle:
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

GatorHunter said:

That's a helluva buy-out...even with Vatican money.
Vatican money has been tied up in legal fees.

Seriously though it was an insane buyout. I heard where NBC was willing to kick in some cash. Plus, he's going to have a junior Clausen. So this is the test:
9-5 Nevada (should win)
9-12 @ Michigan (Should win)
9-19 Michigan State (loss)
9-26 @ Purdue (Should Win)
10-3 Washington (Should win)
10-17 Southern California (Loss)
10-31 Washington State @San Antonio, TX (Should win)
11-7 Navy (Close win)
11-14 @ Pittsburgh (Loss)
11-21 Connecticut (loss)
11-28 @ Stanford (loss)
TBA Boston College (Loss)

Maybe 6 wins? 7 if they get lucky.

"That’s right, I am the mod at SECTalk. So what? If I don’t like a Anti-UF post, i move it or delete it. Not much anyone can say or do about it, is there?"--GatorHunter via Loserwithsocks.com

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Looks like he is staying. There is still a chance he could stay longer than that.
A good start would be to bring the Irish a bowl victory this year...even if it is a small bowl.
Also, if he can actually manage to beat the cupcakes next year, and maybe throw together a 9 or 10 win season, I think he will be there for an additional year.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Gator2753 said:

Looks like he is staying. There is still a chance he could stay longer than that.
A good start would be to bring the Irish a bowl victory this year...even if it is a small bowl.
Also, if he can actually manage to beat the cupcakes next year, and maybe throw together a 9 or 10 win season, I think he will be there for an additional year.

Does that mean we have to actually start pulling for them to win some? :laugh:
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, we could all use another nemesis... ND as a winner again, would provide us with that pleasure! :laugh:
Posted Image