Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Pacman suspended AGAIN

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take it as it comes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Sabanocchio said:

That's true. It frustrates me to no ends the deal that the Cowboys got in getting him. They give up a 4th rounder and get a 5th back. The Titans just can't catch a break with these draft picks. Our highest draft pick in the last 15 years isn't even starting.

Also I have been saying for awhile that Wade Phillips is not a top-tier coach. He is getting by on the talent in Dallas and nothing more.

I think they could do better, too. I think Dallas is loaded from top to bottom. I am not too excited about Phillips. He is the picture of mediocrity, imo. Sometimes the draft choices you get are not the ones you need.
Posted Image

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the guy is just an idiot...doesnt deserve to play in the nfl...sucks for my titans though that they have to give back some draft picks....

Posted Image

GTHOM

Dooley's Perfect Part

Dooley's Perfect Part

Sabanocchio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There sure seem to be a lot more Titans fans around here this year compared to last year.

Just an observation.

follow me on Twitter @sabanocchio

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
well i have been a titans fan since they became the titans and moved to nashvegas so i have been around for a while...

Posted Image

GTHOM

Dooley's Perfect Part

Dooley's Perfect Part

Sabanocchio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Glad to be in good company. :thumpsup:

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And yet ANOTHER reason Jeff Fishcer should be the head coach/general manager.  Also, Bud Adams shut the hell up.  All your ideas have been shat too.

Posted Image

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can't believe he is still screwing the titans. Will they ever just kick his thug ass out of the league?

Dooley's Perfect Part

Dooley's Perfect Part

Sabanocchio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

DJShockisBack said:

I can't believe he is still screwing the titans. Will they ever just kick his thug ass out of the league?

I know, just when you thought we were rid of him, his dumbass behavior comes back to bite the Titans. Good thing we draft well for the most part.

Although getting a player of Finnegan's caliber has much to do with luck.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Sabanocchio said:

Also Roy Williams was traded to the Cowboys for a 2nd rounder in '09 and another one in 2010.

A 1, 3, and a 6th.

RTR
Posted Image

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even though Jerry Jones was not going to punish him he did state in an interview that he was disappointed in him.  The funny thing about the interview was that he was at a loss to explain how Jones could get in trouble with the entity that the Cowboys put in place to keep him out of trouble.  

I am glad the NFL came down on him even though the incident is pretty insignificant.  Normally a physical minor altercation with someone is not going to land anyone in hot water, but when your name is Pacman it is a different story.  Unfortunately, Jones needs to know that anything will land him in trouble.  I think this punishment shows him that any further screw up, no matter how minor, will be his last as an NFL player.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tennessee Ted said:

I am glad the NFL came down on him even though the incident is pretty insignificant.  Normally a physical minor altercation with someone is not going to land anyone in hot water, but when your name is Pacman it is a different story.

Insignificant? I'd say having absolutely zero self-control is pretty significant. When you have to be surrounded by a security detail because you are too stupid to keep yourself out of trouble, and you end up brawling with one of those guys that are there to keep you out of trouble, that's pretty significant. Is it hard for you to avoid physical altercations? It isn't for me... there are plenty of times I would love to jaw-jack people... but I know better. Adam Jones is a borderline retarded jackass who knows how to run when you put a football in his hands, but fails at everything else in life. The NFL is trying to weed out these people, because the NFL is a business, and just like other businesses, you have to conduct yourself in a professional manner. Adam Jones doesn't know what the hell professionalism is.

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Class act.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
One thing to keep in mind is that this is an indefinite suspension... it's not necessarily for just the 4 games. I was listening to Mark Schlereth earlier, and aside from bashing him to death, he said he thought we may have seen Jones wear a star for the last time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

Insignificant? I'd say having absolutely zero self-control is pretty significant. When you have to be surrounded by a security detail because you are too stupid to keep yourself out of trouble, and you end up brawling with one of those guys that are there to keep you out of trouble, that's pretty significant. Is it hard for you to avoid physical altercations? It isn't for me... there are plenty of times I would love to jaw-jack people... but I know better. Adam Jones is a borderline retarded jackass who knows how to run when you put a football in his hands, but fails at everything else in life. The NFL is trying to weed out these people, because the NFL is a business, and just like other businesses, you have to conduct yourself in a professional manner. Adam Jones doesn't know what the hell professionalism is.

When I made the comment "insignificant" I was talking about the episode itself taken out of context of who instigated the altercation.  If Peyton Manning scuffled with his security guard it would be news, but it would be almost comical news.  Manning would apologize for the incident and everyone would laugh and absolutely nothing would be done.  Everyone from time to time does something stupid that he regrets and if you have nothing in your past it will be forgiven.  Now you take the insignificant scuffle and put it in context of Pacman's other off field incidents then you have a major problem.  As far as the rest of your post you are preaching to the choir.