heres Obama's supposed qualifications at work... - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

heres Obama's supposed qualifications at work...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago, 221 killed in Iraq.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley.....our leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want). Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. He's gonna 'fix' Washington politics?

Edited by azamugg, 03 October 2008 - 12:40 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

GeorgiaNation15

GeorgiaNation15
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks for the insight to where he comes from. Esp since the news can't get passed Wasilla.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Sigs by Sabanocchio

damnimgood

damnimgood

Is That a Corndog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yet this is the type leadership alot are craving. God help us all.

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago, 221 killed in Iraq.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley.....our leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want). Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. He's gonna 'fix' Washington politics?

The problems of Chicago are deep seated and have festered for years.  Obama's two years in the Senate could do nothing to reverse the squalor that is the city's south and west side.  You know nothing about Chicago and the fact that you want to blame it on Obama proves this.  

I am sitting in a Chicago Public School classroom as I write this post.  The problems stemming from this pathetic school district have more to do from No Child Left Behind than anything Obama has done.  The problems with the south and west side have to do with the loss of jobs from the dwindling steel mills on the south side.  The Blue collar work has left and the people on the south side have not adopted to anything else and it has left a ghetto in it's wake.

BamaFanNKy

BamaFanNKy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
It was 125 not 292. http://cbs2chicago.c...s.2.810166.html

Also, you don't have an accurate law enforcement agency in Iraq to reflect the murder rate. But, blame Chicago's murder rate on Senators and Congressmen.....

"That’s right, I am the mod at SECTalk. So what? If I don’t like a Anti-UF post, i move it or delete it. Not much anyone can say or do about it, is there?"--GatorHunter via Loserwithsocks.com

timNem

timNem

I Need A Squeegee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tennessee Ted said:

The problems of Chicago are deep seated and have festered for years. Obama's two years in the Senate could do nothing to reverse the squalor that is the city's south and west side. You know nothing about Chicago and the fact that you want to blame it on Obama proves this.

I am sitting in a Chicago Public School classroom as I write this post. The problems stemming from this pathetic school district have more to do from No Child Left Behind than anything Obama has done. The problems with the south and west side have to do with the loss of jobs from the dwindling steel mills on the south side. The Blue collar work has left and the people on the south side have not adopted to anything else and it has left a ghetto in it's wake.
I thought he had 8 years in the state senate
Posted Image

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

timNem said:

I thought he had 8 years in the state senate

I was talking about the U.S. Senate.  You are correct.  He served in the state senate between 1997 to 2004.  Regardless, to throw the problems of Chicago on the feet of Obama is ludicrous.  Also, if you do, you need to point out the awesome things about Chicago too.  It is a very vibrant beautiful city with a lot going for it.  Every major city, including Phoenix, has it's troubled spots.  Crime is a U.S. problem, not just a Chicago or an Illinois problem.  Lack of quality inner city schools is a U.S. problem, not just an Illinois and a Chicago problem.  I am sure Phoenix has it's share of inner city problems as well, but they are not as vast because the city is not as big and complex as Chicago.  Plus, how can Democrats control guns when it is Republicans that are against gun control?  I know that guns are popular on this board, but it is the guns that are killing these people in Chicago, not Obama.

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tennessee Ted said:

The problems stemming from this pathetic school district have more to do from No Child Left Behind than anything Obama has done.

not trying to get off on a tangent, but i wanted to point out something about NCLB...

dont get me wrong, i think its crap legislation...and also, i think Dubya is a horrible president...but i cant stand how some democrats point to this crap legislation as a reason to hate republicans...

it was a BIPARTISAN bill....

obviously you were not making this claim, just wanted to point out that little pet peeve of mine, and your post reminded me of it,

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BamaFanNKy said:

It was 125 not 292. http://cbs2chicago.c...s.2.810166.html

Also, you don't have an accurate law enforcement agency in Iraq to reflect the murder rate. But, blame Chicago's murder rate on Senators and Congressmen.....

The news link you posted still says that the 125 shot in Chicago over the summer is double that which was shot in Iraq during that same time period. I think that still proves aza's point.

Fact is that if the Dem's cant change the hell that Chicago has turned into what would lead anyone to believe they could change the country....(for the better that is)

timNem

timNem

I Need A Squeegee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tennessee Ted said:

I was talking about the U.S. Senate. You are correct. He served in the state senate between 1997 to 2004. Regardless, to throw the problems of Chicago on the feet of Obama is ludicrous. Also, if you do, you need to point out the awesome things about Chicago too. It is a very vibrant beautiful city with a lot going for it. Every major city, including Phoenix, has it's troubled spots. Crime is a U.S. problem, not just a Chicago or an Illinois problem. Lack of quality inner city schools is a U.S. problem, not just an Illinois and a Chicago problem. I am sure Phoenix has it's share of inner city problems as well, but they are not as vast because the city is not as big and complex as Chicago. Plus, how can Democrats control guns when it is Republicans that are against gun control? I know that guns are popular on this board, but it is the guns that are killing these people in Chicago, not Obama.

I lived in Chicago for a short span when I was kid and don't remember much about it. My parents lived there for several years and like alot of people around my neighborhood they had to move there to find work to make a living. Its amazing how many people around these parts have lived in Chicago.

BTW, I own a few guns and keep them locked away but as far as I know they have never killed anyone on their own :laugh:
Posted Image

GetEmGamecocks

GetEmGamecocks
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

Good one.  Now here's one for Mccain, but it's only two (2) words.

Keating five

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Dude said:

not trying to get off on a tangent, but i wanted to point out something about NCLB...

dont get me wrong, i think its crap legislation...and also, i think Dubya is a horrible president...but i cant stand how some democrats point to this crap legislation as a reason to hate republicans...

it was a BIPARTISAN bill....

obviously you were not making this claim, just wanted to point out that little pet peeve of mine, and your post reminded me of it,

I was not necessarily attacking Republicans as defending Obama.  NCLB was instituted before Obama was a Senator, but he wants to reform it.

http://usliberals.ab...a/ObamaNCLB.htm

joemoedee

joemoedee
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The liberal media has control of the election. Even with Palin, they can't ever focus on actual issues. There's been stuff about her glasses. Her hair... Who cares?

Bush wasn't a great president. But he's not the worst, by far. Everything really started to fall apart when the Democrats took control of Congress.

You watch TV, even the debate, and it advertised that Bush is hated by everyone. But, polling numbers have his approval rating much, much higher than Congress. A democratic-majority Congress, at that.

I don't have great things to say about Republicans of late, either. The amount of Government waste spending is astounding. Look at the "bailout" bill. Full of pork now. And McCain, who boasts his anti-pork policies... agrees to it. *shakes head*

300+ million people, and these are the 4 most qualified to run it?

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

Tennessee Ted said:

I was talking about the U.S. Senate.  You are correct.  He served in the state senate between 1997 to 2004.  Regardless, to throw the problems of Chicago on the feet of Obama is ludicrous.  Also, if you do, you need to point out the awesome things about Chicago too.  It is a very vibrant beautiful city with a lot going for it.  Every major city, including Phoenix, has it's troubled spots.  Crime is a U.S. problem, not just a Chicago or an Illinois problem.  Lack of quality inner city schools is a U.S. problem, not just an Illinois and a Chicago problem.  I am sure Phoenix has it's share of inner city problems as well, but they are not as vast because the city is not as big and complex as Chicago.  Plus, how can Democrats control guns when it is Republicans that are against gun control?  I know that guns are popular on this board, but it is the guns that are killing these people in Chicago, not Obama.

you do understand what you just said in that one line don't you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

you do understand what you just said in that one line don't you?

What did I say Azamugg?  Go on.  Manipulate away.