Chipper Jones wins batting title - The Pros - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Chipper Jones wins batting title

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The one good thing to come from 08 Braves baseball
http://atlanta.brave...t=.jsp&c_id=atl

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yea, one bright spot in a dim season. I am afraid if they dont make some major changes then next year will be even worse.

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AUBURN58 said:

Yea, one bright spot in a dim season. I am afraid if they dont make some major changes then next year will be even worse.

Younger pitchers wouldnt hurt. They dont have to be super stars or anything. Look at Tampa Bay's starters. A rotation like that would have easily won the Braves the NL east.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I agree I mean I really like Smoltz and Glavine but its time for them to go to the Hall and get some younger talent in there. Hampton needs to be sent packing if there is any way the Braves can get out of that deal.

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AUBURN58 said:

I agree I mean I really like Smoltz and Glavine but its time for them to go to the Hall and get some younger talent in there. Hampton needs to be sent packing if there is any way the Braves can get out of that deal.

Agreed. Also, a solid utility infielder would be great. Because we all know its not a matter of if but when will Chipper go down and for how long.

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
congrats to my favorite player...but yall are all right...if there are not some changes made then we are going to have a lot of problems for a good while...

Posted Image

GTHOM

Bulldog Bry

Bulldog Bry
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If I'm not mistaken, Hampton's contract is FINALLY over.

geechee

geechee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Look at who the Bravos traded away and who they have left. Most of Hudson's salary will be paid from insurance. The team has some serious prospects and some serious money (@$50 million) to play around with. I guess we will find out just how good of a GM Wrens is.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Bulldog Bry said:

If I'm not mistaken, Hampton's contract is FINALLY over.

Yes, it has expired.

RTR
Posted Image

KHVols1387

KHVols1387

Rocky Top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yea now that we don't have to pay Hampton millions of dollars a year for nothing we can use that money in a positive way.  I think Smoltz can be successful if they put him back in the bullpen as a closer or set up man.  We definitely need a solid rotation and definitely avoid all the injuries.  Is next year Bobby's last year?  I hear that Chipper won't play for anybody else and it may be the same with Smoltz and Glavine.

As for Chipper, the man is a beast.  He can sit out as many games as he wants with an average like that.

geechee

geechee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

KHVols1387 said:

Yea now that we don't have to pay Hampton millions of dollars a year for nothing we can use that money in a positive way.  

The Braves team didn't have to pay Hampton that much. He was injured most of the time he was under contract.

KHVols1387

KHVols1387

Rocky Top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

geechee said:

The Braves team didn't have to pay Hampton. He was injured most of the time he was under contract.

So then who pays him?

geechee

geechee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

KHVols1387 said:

So then who pays him?

Well actually they would have had to cut the checks to him but the insurance company would have had to reimburse them for majority of it.

Williams-Brice

Williams-Brice

I'm just sayin'

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Was Hampton ever even scheduled to be 100% on the Braves payroll?  I can't remember which team it was, but I thought either the Marlins or Rockies were responsible for part of his salary his entire time in Atlanta.

I could be wrong.
Posted Image

geechee

geechee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Williams-Brice said:

Was Hampton ever even scheduled to be 100% on the Braves payroll?  I can't remember which team it was, but I thought either the Marlins or Rockies were responsible for part of his salary his entire time in Atlanta.

I could be wrong.

It was a 6 year contract. The Braves were only going to be responsible for about $5 million total his first 3 years and the Marlins were responsible for about $30 million because of some deal with the Rockies. The Braves were supposed to have been responsible for the majority of the last 3 years but the majority of that was covered by insurance because of injuries.