Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Auburn, 'Bama chasing same recruit

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Demond Dennis of Carver, Atlanta was thrilled to learn earlier this year that he had received scholarship offers from SEC powerhouses Alabama and Auburn. But the euphoria subsided just a bit once he read the fine print. "I was excited when I first got [the offers], but now they both want me to switch over to defensive back," the 5-foot-10, 193-pound senior said. "I want to play running back." Dennis also holds offers from East Carolina, Illinois, Louisville, Western Kentucky and UAB. He is being recruited by each of those programs as a running back.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Justin251

Justin251
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If he is good enough at RB then he will play RB.  Right now niether need a RB that bad.
http://www.3.8mustan...=1&d=1222750456
The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

crimsonnation713 said:

Demond Dennis of Carver, Atlanta was thrilled to learn earlier this year that he had received scholarship offers from SEC powerhouses Alabama and Auburn. But the euphoria subsided just a bit once he read the fine print. "I was excited when I first got [the offers], but now they both want me to switch over to defensive back," the 5-foot-10, 193-pound senior said. "I want to play running back." Dennis also holds offers from East Carolina, Illinois, Louisville, Western Kentucky and UAB. He is being recruited by each of those programs as a running back.

If he's smart he'll realize that if he takes any of the other offers, he'll find out that once he starts his first camp that the coaches think he'll fit better on defense.
Posted Image

WDE

WDE

gone from suck to blow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah neither program needs a RB honestly so its no surprise they would want to get a great athlete and move them to DB, something everyone can use more of.
Posted Image

AuburnPawnTiger

AuburnPawnTiger

I invented the internet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

WDE said:

Yeah neither program needs a RB honestly so its no surprise they would want to get a great athlete and move them to DB, something everyone can use more of.

True, you can never have too many quality DBs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Justin251 said:

If he is good enough at RB then he will play RB.  Right now niether need a RB that bad.

Your right. I know we have a true freshman RB named Eric Smith that looks like he has the potential be a yet another legendary Auburn RB before he's done.

Isn't Alabama quite loaded in regards to young RB's as well?
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

WarEagle73 said:

Your right. I know we have a true freshman RB named Eric Smith that looks like he has the potential be a yet another legendary Auburn RB before he's done.

Isn't Alabama quite loaded in regards to young RB's as well?

to the gills

If we get Richardson outta Pensacola, even more so. Ingram is a true Freshman also.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

crimsonnation713 said:

to the gills

If we get Richardson outta Pensacola, even more so. Ingram is a true Freshman also.

Well, hope he has fun at one of the small time schools.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He'll end up going to Auburn or Alabama and play CB. He'll get his 'shot' at RB, but he'll move to the secondary.

Posted Image

bamagt

bamagt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I second what Tider said. Saban is great at development of DB's as well!
Posted Image

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think he has a conditional offer from us, quite frankly I don't think we really want him too much just due to numbers.  We have told Trent that he's our only RB for this class (Marrow is a situational back or a linebacker).  And I know for a fact he'd be quite low on our list as a DB, we already have 1 CB committed with Dre Kirkpatrick on his way and we're still going after a couple more that are highly touted.  

I think the smart thing for him to do would be to go to a school that wants him to be a RB.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›