Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

"Meth mountain"

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I watched this special on A&E last night about a place in Northern Alabama that has the dubious moniker of "Meth Mountain". Very sad stuff. Meth is tearing up the south. That story could've been run about countless counties all over the south. Any of you Alabama residents ever hear of this place? Judging from their clothing looks like a lot of them were Auburn fans.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
its getting crazy in the more rural areas
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

I watched this special on A&E last night about a place in Northern Alabama that has the dubious moniker of "Meth Mountain". Very sad stuff. Meth is tearing up the south. That story could've been run about countless counties all over the south. Any of you Alabama residents ever hear of this place? Judging from their clothing looks like a lot of them were Auburn fans.

A few years ago I used to go off-roading a lot up at Tellico (OHV area that covered a two-state area, between Murphy, NC and Tellico Plains, TN) and I remember one year when they posted a sign at the entrance that said everyone needed to be on the lookout for meth labs in the mountains, and report any suspicious activity. Apparently the rangers had a big problem trying to deal with it.

My older sister had a meth addiction for about a year and a half... it was hell for my family. She'd be gone for weeks at a time, and most of the time I didn't know if I would ever see her again. She ended up being jailed for DUI/Posession when she wrapped her car around a light pole, which thankfully didn't kill her, but it was her wake up call. She got clean and has been sober since. She's one of the very few that beat that drug though. It's got to be the most vicious one out there.

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

crimsonnation713 said:

its getting crazy in the more rural areas

Seems like its the same all over the south and mid-west. This is a crisis amongst the lower classes that is reaching epidemic proportions.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Congrats to your sister D3.They said getting off that crap is worse than anything you could imagine.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And the Government wastes our money chasing simple possession marijuana when this is the true killer.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

Seems like its the same all over the south and mid-west. This is a crisis amongst the lower classes that is reaching epidemic proportions.

Its cheap and very findable.

-- Derrick Thomas

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

A few years ago I used to go off-roading a lot up at Tellico (OHV area that covered a two-state area, between Murphy, NC and Tellico Plains, TN) and I remember one year when they posted a sign at the entrance that said everyone needed to be on the lookout for meth labs in the mountains, and report any suspicious activity. Apparently the rangers had a big problem trying to deal with it.

My older sister had a meth addiction for about a year and a half... it was hell for my family. She'd be gone for weeks at a time, and most of the time I didn't know if I would ever see her again. She ended up being jailed for DUI/Posession when she wrapped her car around a light pole, which thankfully didn't kill her, but it was her wake up call. She got clean and has been sober since. She's one of the very few that beat that drug though. It's got to be the most vicious one out there.

My aunt is a meth addict. She's so far gone we she's beyond help. She stole my dad's car. She robbed my grandfather of all my grandmother's valuables while the rest of us were my grandmother's funeral. We've done all we can. She's basically dead to us. Just waiting on the call.

Posted Image

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Bburton86 said:

And the Government wastes our money chasing simple possession marijuana when this is the true killer.

No doubt. The meth epidemic makes the crack problems of the late 80's look like child's play.

Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
further reading

Posted Image

bulldawg

bulldawg

HUNKER DOWN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Its a huge problem down here in Polk County. Its really sad what it does to a persons body. Hell I even had a 25 year veteran captain at my FD get hooked and after he lost his job for getting high at work he is now in jail for 5 years for repeatedly getting caught with possession. A very good man down the drain.
Posted Image
"I'd rather lose as a Dawg than win as any other team....once a Dawg, always a Dawg---how sweet it is!" :

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

My aunt is a meth addict. She's so far gone we she's beyond help. She stole my dad's car. She robbed my grandfather of all my grandmother's valuables while the rest of us were my grandmother's funeral. We've done all we can. She's basically dead to us. Just waiting on the call.

I feel your pain. When she was still addicted, my sister stole money from me, from my little brother's (who was then only 7) piggy bank, screamed horrible things at more than one member of my family, and treated everyone like shit. Meth completely changes people, makes them something entirely different, turns them into monsters.  

I'm sorry about your Aunt... the pain of having a family member go down that road is not something I wish on anyone.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i found out from one of my students that it's very prevalent. i also didn't know they called chicken. a meth head is called a chicken head.

things you learn from students...

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JerryBeeds said:

Yep, we watched it, too. It's just North of here, a little over an hour. Terrible stuff. I've been seeing things like that for quite a few years now; and it's beginning to make the crack epidemic look like a pesky chocolate addiction. Did y'all see how the woman aged while using? Unbelievable. What's really scary is that folks get so shot out, they don't even realize or think they look any different. The hallucinations don't take long, either. Addicts will start picking at their skin and faces because when they look in a mirror, they swear they see a blemish... and what never was a blemish, quickly becomes one from all the picking. Take a look at these folks as they progressed through addiction.

Faces Of Meth
Posted Image