Official Prediction: What Will Arkansas’ Record Be In 2008? - Predict the Record Archive - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official Prediction: What Will Arkansas’ Record Be In 2008?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Poll: What will Arkansas’ record be in 2007? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

What will Arkansas’ record be in 2007?

1. 12-0 (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

2. 11-1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 10-2 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 9-3 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 8-4 (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

6. 7-5 (3 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

7. 6-6 (11 votes [31.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.43%

8. 5-7 (8 votes [22.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

9. 4-8 (7 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

10. 3-9 (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

11. 2-10 (0 votes [0.00%])

12. 1-11 (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What will Arkansas’ record be in 2008?

This is your chance to get on board with your “official” prediction for how you believe Arkansas will finish this year.  This is a public poll, so homer's beware! :laugh:

Aug. 30 WESTERN ILLINOIS
Sept. 6 LOUISIANA-MONROE (Little Rock)
Sept. 13 at Texas
Sept. 20 ALABAMA
Oct. 4 FLORIDA
Oct. 11 at Auburn
Oct. 18 at Kentucky
Oct. 25 OLE MISS
Nov. 1 TULSA
Nov. 8 at South Carolina
Nov. 22 at Mississippi State
Nov. 28 LSU (Little Rock)

Edited by GAMECOCK_FAN, 15 July 2008 - 01:11 PM.

2014 Baseball (28-9, 8-7)
4/18/14-4/20/14 at Auburn; 4/22/14 Davidson; 4/23/14 USC Upstate; 4/25/14-4/27/14 Alabama; 5/2/14-5/4/14 at Georgia; 5/7/14 Wofford; 5/9/14-5/11/14 Missouri; 5/13/14 The Citadel; 5/15/14-5/17/14 at Vanderbilt

2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)

Razors Edge

Razors Edge
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
12-0 baby!! If your going to dream at all you might as well dream big

crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
7-5 or maybe 8-4 with another upset special like last year. lol

Aug. 30 WESTERN ILLINOIS win
Sept. 6 LOUISIANA-MONROE (Little Rock) win
Sept. 13 at Texas loss
Sept. 20 ALABAMA loss
Oct. 4 FLORIDA loss
Oct. 11 at Auburn loss
Oct. 18 at Kentucky win
Oct. 25 OLE MISS win
Nov. 1 TULSA win
Nov. 8 at South Carolina win
Nov. 22 at Mississippi State win
Nov. 28 LSU (Little Rock) loss

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

crawfish said:

7-5 or maybe 8-4 with another upset special like last year. lol

Aug. 30 WESTERN ILLINOIS win
Sept. 6 LOUISIANA-MONROE (Little Rock) win
Sept. 13 at Texas loss
Sept. 20 ALABAMA loss
Oct. 4 FLORIDA loss
Oct. 11 at Auburn loss
Oct. 18 at Kentucky win
Oct. 25 OLE MISS win
Nov. 1 TULSA win
Nov. 8 at South Carolina win
Nov. 22 at Mississippi State win
Nov. 28 LSU (Little Rock) loss

I think you're being wayyyy too generous. Arky will lose on the road at UK, @ USC and @MSU. They might pull off an upset against either UF or LSU at home, but I think 6-6 is probably most likely, 7-5 the best case scenario.

crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

I think you're being wayyyy too generous. Arky will lose on the road at UK, @ USC and @MSU. They might pull off an upset against either UF or LSU at home, but I think 6-6 is probably most likely, 7-5 the best case scenario.

I think that Pertrino's system "might" kick in during the second half of the system.  Now, whether they will have enough talent to make it work, we shall see.  But you might be right, things might get ugly for the Hogs before they get better.

Posted Image

STUCKNBIG10

STUCKNBIG10
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Aug. 30 WESTERN ILLINOIS W
Sept. 6 LOUISIANA-MONROE (Little Rock) W
Sept. 13 at Texas L
Sept. 20 ALABAMA W
Oct. 4 FLORIDA L
Oct. 11 at Auburn L
Oct. 18 at Kentucky L
Oct. 25 OLE MISS W
Nov. 1 TULSA W
Nov. 8 at South Carolina L
Nov. 22 at Mississippi State L
Nov. 28 LSU (Little Rock) L

I'll say 5-7.  I expect Petrino to get it going in fayetteville and I will credit his coaching prowess for my predicted upset over Alabama but I don't expect arkansas to be very good this year given what was lost, given players having to learn the new schemes, etc.

KHVols1387

KHVols1387

Rocky Top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

STUCKNBIG10 said:

Aug. 30 WESTERN ILLINOIS W
Sept. 6 LOUISIANA-MONROE (Little Rock) W
Sept. 13 at Texas L
Sept. 20 ALABAMA W
Oct. 4 FLORIDA L
Oct. 11 at Auburn L
Oct. 18 at Kentucky L
Oct. 25 OLE MISS W
Nov. 1 TULSA W
Nov. 8 at South Carolina L
Nov. 22 at Mississippi State L
Nov. 28 LSU (Little Rock) L

I'll say 5-7.  I expect Petrino to get it going in fayetteville and I will credit his coaching prowess for my predicted upset over Alabama but I don't expectarkansas to be very good this year given what was lost, given players having to learn the new schemes, etc.

I agree but switch the Alabama and Mississippi State games.

Arkansas 5-7/2-6
Aug. 30 WESTERN ILLINOIS WIN
Sept. 6 LOUISIANA-MONROE (Little Rock) WIN
Sept. 13 at Texas LOSS
Sept. 20 ALABAMA LOSS
Oct. 4 FLORIDA LOSS
Oct. 11 at Auburn LOSS
Oct. 18 at Kentucky LOSS
Oct. 25 OLE MISS WIN
Nov. 1 TULSA WIN
Nov. 8 at South Carolina LOSS
Nov. 22 at Mississippi State WIN
Nov. 28 LSU (Little Rock) LOSS

the Prodigy

the Prodigy
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There isn't getting around the fact that Arkansas doesn't have the horses to beat every team on their schedule.  And they don't have the depth to beat quality teams down the stretch.  Or at least that's what the paper tells us.

8-4 is a best case scenario.  That scenario being that Petrino's system goes into effect against Texas.  If Arkansas knocks off Texas, they'll beat Bama at home.  Which gives them the cushion to make the next brutal stretch work out "not too bad".  Meaning they should be competitive in that stretch.  

Now the issue I have with this is that Arkansas is SO unproven, SUCH a mystery, that they could very well have the horses in the stables and the depth to match and no one would know it.  Early indications are that the entire team has bought into Petrino's system VERY early on.  The weakest position being LB.  

I think reality will lie somewhere in the middle and 8-4 is a likely prognostication.  But on paper, right now, Arkansas is certainly one of the least impressive teams in the SEC.  The problem is that the paper is never right.  So watch out SEC.
Bustin' chops
Original Image: <a href='http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/babywhiz/pelstfu.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i14.photobuck...hiz/pelstfu.gif</a>[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I say anywhere from 5-7 to 6-6.....they are a shell of their former selves......a mere husk.......

the Prodigy

the Prodigy
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

lacene said:

I say anywhere from 5-7 to 6-6.....they are a shell of their former selves......a mere husk.......

You have all the lyrical prowess of a deaf dumb and blind Jack Kerouac.
Bustin' chops
Original Image: <a href='http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/babywhiz/pelstfu.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i14.photobuck...hiz/pelstfu.gif</a>[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

the Prodigy said:

There isn't getting around the fact that Arkansas doesn't have the horses to beat every team on their schedule.  And they don't have the depth to beat quality teams down the stretch.  Or at least that's what the paper tells us.

8-4 is a best case scenario.  That scenario being that Petrino's system goes into effect against Texas.  If Arkansas knocks off Texas, they'll beat Bama at home.  Which gives them the cushion to make the next brutal stretch work out "not too bad".  Meaning they should be competitive in that stretch.  

Now the issue I have with this is that Arkansas is SO unproven, SUCH a mystery, that they could very well have the horses in the stables and the depth to match and no one would know it.  Early indications are that the entire team has bought into Petrino's system VERY early on.  The weakest position being LB.  

I think reality will lie somewhere in the middle and 8-4 is a likely prognostication.  But on paper, right now, Arkansas is certainly one of the least impressive teams in the SEC.  The problem is that the paper is never right.  So watch out SEC.

8-4 is "likely"?? :eek:

I just don't see it! I don't see the Hogs beating any of the following...Texas, Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, or LSU. Wins over any of the aforementioned would be mild upsets at best. I see Bama, Kentucky, and MSU being toss-ups which leaves you with 4 definite wins. This puts the window somewhere between 4-8 and 7-5. This Hog team lost too much and is in a major transition period this fall. Time will tell whether or not adding Petrino was a good move, but positive results won't be showing quite yet!!
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!

Posted Image

Posted Image

the Prodigy

the Prodigy
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

volimhtown said:

8-4 is "likely"?? :eek:

I just don't see it! I don't see the Hogs beating any of the following...Texas, Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, or LSU. Wins over any of the aforementioned would be mild upsets at best. I see Bama, Kentucky, and MSU being toss-ups which leaves you with 4 definite wins. This puts the window somewhere between 4-8 and 7-5. This Hog team lost too much and is in a major transition period this fall. Time will tell whether or not adding Petrino was a good move, but positive results won't be showing quite yet!!

Like I said, you don't know anything about what the reality of the Hogs' status is, no one does.  They beat Texas and that automatically moves them  into the 7-5 to 9-3 range.  8-4 is likely with losses to Florida, Auburn, and LSU and then one more from the rest of the teams.  The Hogs aren't nearly as depleted as you think they are, they were largely not utilized last season.
Bustin' chops

Petrino Wins

Petrino Wins
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
7-5. will win 3 of 4 out of conference (lose to Texas), then 4-4 in the sec. Our offense will be fine, its our defense. We will be a worse version of Florida last year, having a good offense but no one on the defensive side who can stop anybody.

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

the Prodigy said:

Like I said, you don't know anything about what the reality of the Hogs' status is, no one does.  They beat Texas and that automatically moves them  into the 7-5 to 9-3 range.  8-4 is likely with losses to Florida, Auburn, and LSU and then one more from the rest of the teams.  The Hogs aren't nearly as depleted as you think they are, they were largely not utilized last season.

Granted, but the justification of your prediction is predicated on winning in Austin and yet you state at the same time that "nobody knows the reality of the Hogs' status", so..... which is it?? Sure, they beat Texas and I'll have to quickly change my prediction, but everybody is in that same "what if" boat at this time of year! :D All of that said, it sure seems like it's more often that people sell them short at this time of the year as opposed to giving them props, so..... Of course that was under Nutt though!!

We shall see!! :p
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!

Posted Image

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

the Prodigy said:

Obviously predictions based on paper are rarely right, as things just don't always play out like the stats would suggest. It is always a possibility that Arkansas could pull out a miracle and win 8 or 9 games... but the problem is, as you have already noted, they don't have the horses to beat everyone on their schedule. Arky plays the last 3 national champions this season. My god. Throw in tough road games against USC, MSU and UK.... then a home game against Bama who will likely be a 9 win team this season...  I just don't see 8 wins in that schedule. Not this year. There's too much recovery time needed after the departure of D-mac and Jones. Arkansas only won as many games as they did last year because they had a once in a lifetime player like McFadden. This year will likely be a long uphill battle for the hogs... things will have to get worse before they get better.