Emotions are mixed in Matt Jones arrest - Arkansas Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Emotions are mixed in Matt Jones arrest

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
The words hate, lazy, bad attitude, spoiled brat and loser were just some of the negatives heard across Arkansas radio today as the news unfolded on Matt Jones arrest last night by Fayetteville police. From morning programs to the afternoon drive home, the topic was the Jones case of last evening.

For those who hasn't heard. Former QB Matt Jones of the university of Arkansas, was arrested last night by Fayetteville police.

Posted Image
Mugshot, Fayetteville police

According to the police report, Police approached a white Toyota 4Runner, which was parked in an unlit portion of the lot. Jones, whose residence is listed as 13838 Bella Rivea Lane in Jacksonville, Fla., was spotted in the front seat of the vehicle and officers observed Jones with a "white card with white powdery substance in his hand."

"In (Jones') hand was a credit card that he was using to chop up and scrape the powder," the report says. A police search of Jones' side of the vehicle "revealed a plastic baggie with a white powdery substance inside," a "white card with with the white powdery substance and credit card" and "rolled up paper with another corner of a plastic baggie with white powdery substance inside."

A police spokesman said after a further search, 6 grams of cocaine was found in the floorboard of the vehicle. Reports also say when question on the scene by police, Jones admitted that the white powder was in fact cocaine.

When I first learn of this story disbelief was my first emotion. Then Hearing more developments, I got mad. And as the day went on I realize that this could happen to any athlete in today society. Doesn't make it right, but this is where we have come to at this point.

We all go through this kind of news, seems like once a week any more. It's becoming a regular tidbit of news, if it being on CBS nightly, or Sportscenter. it's something I hope will make an exit so we can get back to the task at hand. But it looks as if this sort of thing has set in for the long hall.

The reason so many Arkansas fans are so much effected by this ordeal is because while Jones was at Arkansas, he was the face of Arkansas Football. Their were more little kids throughout the state wearing his signature #9 jersey than kids in the past three years has wore the famous # 5 of Darren McFadden.

Matt Jones was Razorback football during a dark time. From the seven overtime victory in Oxford against Ole Miss, to his amazing runs at Austin with an upset win on the Longhorns home pasture. For awhile he was our Superman.

Last night that Golden boy image came crashing down. I'm hurt for the poor decisions that Matt made. With no signs of something like this in his past leaves fans scratching their heads wondering if he has a dependency problem or it was recreational whim for him.

Whatever the case, he needs to surround himself with the right people for support. I wish the best for Matt and his family during this difficult time.

Edited by TDisBack, 10 July 2008 - 06:26 PM.

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What is even more stupid than doing coke in the first place is the fact he was doing it in a car.  Does he not have a home?  Could he not afford a hotel room?  Time and time again you here athletes getting busted in their cars whether it is a DUI or something like this when they could have ponied out a little cash for a taxi or a hotel room.  I guess stupid people do not make good decisions.

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • Cash:

Tennessee Ted said:

What is even more stupid than doing coke in the first place is the fact he was doing it in a car.  Does he not have a home?  Could he not afford a hotel room?  Time and time again you here athletes getting busted in their cars whether it is a DUI or something like this when they could have ponied out a little cash for a taxi or a hotel room.  I guess stupid people do not make good decisions.

The ironic thing Ted was the area of town this took place was a parking lot where Fayetteville police had their eye on due to past activities. The police that made the arrest were on foot patrol in the area. They walked right up beside the vehicle and looked into the side glass and seen the activities inside without the three occupants knowing they were there. One of the others in the vehicle was former Arkansas Tight End Jarred Hicks. His was arrested for having drug paraphernalia in his possession. The third occupant was Benjamin Cook, he was also arrested on misdemeanor drug charges.

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • Cash:
Yesterday, Matt Jones father commented on is sons arrest. The saga continues...

FAYETTEVILLE — Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Matt Jones is “disappointed in himself” following his arrest in connection with felony possession of cocaine, the father of the former Arkansas star said Friday. (read more)...

http://www.pbcommerc...rts/sports4.txt

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This explains how he was able to go to 6OT against us back in '02 :D

But seriously, what gets me is how much of an uproar there is over the Jones saga on this board, yet I haven't heard a mention from anyone about former Gator Teddy Dupay being charged w/RAPE.

Let's get our priorities straight here folks.  Doing some blow is nothing compared to raping someone.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

But seriously, what gets me is how much of an uproar there is over the Jones saga on this board, yet I haven't heard a mention from anyone about former Gator Teddy Dupay being charged w/RAPE.

Let's get our priorities straight here folks.  Doing some blow is nothing compared to raping someone.
It was posted....

http://www.sectalk.c...3073#post463073
2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)

Tennessee Ted

Tennessee Ted
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

There was a mild uproar about Dupay.  I threw my 2 cents in, which was a similar post to what I stated here.  The reason there are more threads about Jones is due to the fact he is still in the news as he is a current football player.  No one really cares much about a loser like Dupay.

You are correct though.  Doing blow is nothing compared to physically harming and taking sexual advantage of a women.  Not even in the same ball park IMO.  If you are going to screw up you might as well do it with an activity that only harms yourself.  When you harm others, especially a woman, then it is a far more serious offense.

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • Cash:
weird TD..........when I read the topic of this thread it made me realize I wasnt the only one..........I have been intermittently laughing hysterically or crying violently since MJ's arrest
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tennessee Ted said:

There was a mild uproar about Dupay.  I threw my 2 cents in, which was a similar post to what I stated here.  The reason there are more threads about Jones is due to the fact he is still in the news as he is a current football player.  No one really cares much about a loser like Dupay.

You are correct though.  Doing blow is nothing compared to physically harming and taking sexual advantage of a women.  Not even in the same ball park IMO.  If you are going to screw up you might as well do it with an activity that only harms yourself.  When you harm others, especially a woman, then it is a far more serious offense.

What about if one does blow and then rapes a woman?

RTR
Posted Image

JerryBeeds

JerryBeeds
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

the Paradox said:

What about if one does blow and then rapes a woman?

RTR

Thats what we call the Tennessee two-step. Made famous by Leonard Little.
SEC Talk SEC Pickem' 2006/07 Co-Champion

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The reason there are more threads about Jones is due to the fact he is still in the news as he is a current football player. No one really cares much about a loser like Dupay.

Well, I figured that much, but it still irritates me how this stuff works.  I mean even Chris Henry had been arrested for allegedly beating his wife, but Ricky Williams saga dragged on all because he smoked pot.  You heard about Henry's stupid driving around drunk more than the beating.  I mean wtf is wrong w/people?

I mean, yeah, it's no secret, I drink and smoke doobs here and there and have def. had my share of run ins w/the blow.  I'm not saying they're great things, but making bigger deals out of alcohol/drug related issues compared to domestic abuse and rape and stuff, or hell, in Ray Lewis' case, murder......W!T!F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All of this makes this statement one of the most meaningful any of us will ever contemplate:

USE WISELY YOUR POWER OF CHOICE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • Cash:

azamugg said:

weird TD..........when I read the topic of this thread it made me realize I wasnt the only one..........I have been intermittently laughing hysterically or crying violently since MJ's arrest

Hell your not worried about Matts welfare, Those emotions your going through means one thing.
"YOUR PREGNANT"

Posted Image

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • Cash:
I am soooooooooooooo concerned w/Matt's welfare...............yet I'm not........I can't figure my emotions out??????
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

TDArkansasOhmy

TDArkansasOhmy

Banned

• Banned
  • Cash:

azamugg said:

I am soooooooooooooo concerned w/Matt's welfare...............yet I'm not........I can't figure my emotions out??????

Posted Image

My advice, do what pregnant people do. Fill your emotional cravings.