Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Rebel commit QB Chris Wilkes signs with Padres

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

Cianne

Cianne

Oct. 2005 Poster of the Month

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well with all the talk I said about Casey Kelly taking him $1 million 1st round money and not heading to Knoxville, I guess I assumed that Chris Wilkes wouldn't take 22nd round money and would come to Oxford.  Guess I was wrong.  Wilkes was in Phoenix today as he had signed with the Padres and I assume reporting to a minor league team there.

FOOTBALL: Wilkes opts for baseball « Parrish Alford on Ole Miss Sports

Ole Miss quarterback signee Chris Wilkes, of Orlando, told the Ole Miss Rivals site a few minutes ago that he has signed with the Padres. Wilkes was at a bank in Phoenix when he took a short call.

Wilkes was one of two quarterback signees, and, given the lack of depth at the position, either he or Nathan Stanley would have a good shot to play if Jevan Snead is injured.

– PA