joakim Noah busted in Gainesville - SEC Basketball Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

joakim Noah busted in Gainesville

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ESPN - Authorities in Gainesville charge Noah with possession of marijuana - NBA

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities in Gainesville have charged Chicago Bulls forward and former Florida star Joakim Noah with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

Yes Gators, before you say it or think it, any excuse.
Posted Image

geechee

geechee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That's got to earn UF a few fulmer points.:thumpsup:

bigsexxxy

bigsexxxy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This guy gets stoned?  Noooo....!  Are you kidding me?  

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think we have this in the wrong forum, don't we? Noah is, after all, an NBA player at this point. In any event, it was pretty stupid to think his VIP status in Gainesville would prevent him from getting charged like anyone else.

On the upside, after reading the account of the arrest, it looks like the police had insufficient cause to detain and search Noah in the first place. They stopped him initially because they witnessed him walking with a clear cup with an "amber" beverage in it. I'm not really sure about the law in Gainesville, but in most places, that wouldn't be enough to stop someone and investigate... it could be apple juice. They would have to have smelled alcohol to stop and investigate further. Basically, they were guessing it was alcohol, stopped him; and after he put the drink on the ground, they picked it up and smelled it. They then arrested him; and when they were booking him, they found a joint on him. He definitely screwed up; but a good attorney should be able to burn this to the ground. If the initial stop was bogus, all the subsequent evidence is worthless also.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

geechee said:

That's got to earn UF a few fulmer points.:thumpsup:

Actually, I don't believe so.  Unless they are on the roster when the "infraction" occurs, it doesn't count in the Fulmer points.  Since he's no longer with Florida, no Fulmer points for the Gators.  

He just gets a big doophus award all to his own.
2014 Football (2-1, 1-1)
9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not being vigilant, having too much fun, feeling safe on his own turf...Mistakes I guess he wishes he hadn't made. He will get out of this, though. It sounds as if the officers made more mistakes than Noah did!
Posted Image

geechee

geechee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

sheluvsbama said:

Not being vigilant, having too much fun, feeling safe on his own turf...Mistakes I guess he wishes he hadn't made. He will get out of this, though. It sounds as if the officers made more mistakes than Noah did!

I guess he didn't have the same level of clout that Kenny Stabler had in Alabama:laugh:

the Prodigy

the Prodigy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just thought he was a really happy person.... I feel lied to....
Bustin' chops
Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gatorunvrsty said:

I think we have this in the wrong forum, don't we? Noah is, after all, an NBA player at this point. In any event, it was pretty stupid to think his VIP status in Gainesville would prevent him from getting charged like anyone else.

On the upside, after reading the account of the arrest, it looks like the police had insufficient cause to detain and search Noah in the first place. They stopped him initially because they witnessed him walking with a clear cup with an "amber" beverage in it. I'm not really sure about the law in Gainesville, but in most places, that wouldn't be enough to stop someone and investigate... it could be apple juice. They would have to have smelled alcohol to stop and investigate further. Basically, they were guessing it was alcohol, stopped him; and after he put the drink on the ground, they picked it up and smelled it. They then arrested him; and when they were booking him, they found a joint on him. He definitely screwed up; but a good attorney should be able to burn this to the ground. If the initial stop was bogus, all the subsequent evidence is worthless also.

Apple juice? How many adult males have you in your entire life seen walking around with a plastic cup full of apple juice? CMON! Lets get real here. He's not a gator anymore, so you can take off those orange colored glasses. I don't know about you, but I've never been to a town where could walk down the streets with a beverage in a plastic cup and NOT be stopped. I don't understand how you are going to seriously question the cops on this one. Noah got busted and he deserved it.

I suppose if he was arrested for possession of a firearm you would say that the cops were in the wrong because he COULD have been carrying a toy gun.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah.  Agreed w/D^3.  I admitted up front, I'll take any excuse I can to crack on this ass clown.  My feelings for Noah have been known around these parts for many moons.  He's #2 on most UK fans lists, mine included, right behind Christian Laettner.  But yeah, it's no surprise he smokes. As I said, once again, any excuse.  But apple juice....seriously GatorU...it's OK to admit that Noah is a douchebag.  I admit that Chad Johnson is a douchebag....or insert whatever Bengal you want to that has been connected w/recent jackassery.  There's really no need to defend him here, and in fact, it's more fun if you join in and point and hoot w/the rest of us.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

Apple juice? How many adult males have you in your entire life seen walking around with a plastic cup full of apple juice? CMON! Lets get real here. He's not a gator anymore, so you can take off those orange colored glasses. I don't know about you, but I've never been to a town where could walk down the streets with a beverage in a plastic cup and NOT be stopped. I don't understand how you are going to seriously question the cops on this one. Noah got busted and he deserved it.

I suppose if he was arrested for possession of a firearm you would say that the cops were in the wrong because he COULD have been carrying a toy gun.

I'm not talking about common sense... I'm talking about the law. I didn't say I thought it was apple juice, or even that it was likely. I'm not defending him at all... my first statement said it was stupid. But, the fact is you can't detain and question someone for walking around with something that APPEARS to be alcoholic... not anywhere I've ever heard of, anyway. And, you, personally, have been to towns where you could walk down the streets with a beverage in a plastic cup... try virtually every town in Georgia, with the possible exception of Athens, where they've crashed down on drinking big time, and the dry counties. The level of probable cause has to be greater than that. If they smelled the alcohol, that'd be different. Hell, you can drive around in your car with a beverage in a plastic cup; but if you get stopped, and they smell alcohol, that's the cause they need to take the case further. As I said, I don't really know about Gainesville these days, because I haven't lived there in about 7 years; but, I do know that at last year's Homecoming, I'd say there were at least 20,000 people walking around with amber beverages on the street; and I'm pretty sure the kegs they were pumping them out of weren't apple cider barrels from Mott's.:laugh:
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

MillDawg007

MillDawg007
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
just heard he was arrested with open container of beer and pot was found on him.

crusse10

crusse10
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
that's fantastic

V---O---L---S
V--O--L--S
V-O-L-S
GO VOLS GO

Posted Image

AceLeroy

AceLeroy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

MillDawg007 said:

just heard he was arrested with open container of beer and pot was found on him.

After that Beavis and Butthead dance that he performed after winning the NC , was there ever ANY doubt that He was a dope snorting  goober smooching draft dodger?:laugh:

No offense UF fans , I am just kidding. Hell , I used to smoke a little of the "take a hit and don't give a shi.........er fertilizer" weed back in the 80s , 90s and middle ............I have been clean for almost 2 years now.:ph34r:

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image