Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Transfer Moody looks to cure Florida's RB deficiency

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't really see what difference it makes. He had an ankle injury... that's a fact. Whether he didn't play for that reason, or because he didn't fit into the scheme as well as another back, it's really irrelevant. It's probably a little bit of both.

The fact is, through 2 games against much weaker competition last year, we had 189 yards rushing by our RB's. This year, we already have 193 yards from the RB's against much more stout defenses. Also, nobody ever said Tebow wouldn't still be running the ball... hell, that's what he's supposed to do; and that threat is part of what makes him so dangerous. What UF wants to avoid is Tebow running right into the teeth of the defense all season, like he did much of last year. What we've seen so far this year, are some designed runs, and some smart plays by Tebow where he didn't get hit at all. The kid's hardly so frail that he's suddenly going to stop running altogether... he just has to pick his battles; and that's what he's done so far.
Posted ImagePosted Image

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
From Coach Meyer when asked if Tebow's "legs" were gonna be utilized less this season:

"We've got more RBs available this season.  Moody has really come on in practice...he'll be another option for us...Rainey and Demps are also quick backs that are homerun threats...a lot like Harvin.  But Tebow is gonna be Tebow...and we're not gonna stop that.  The RBs just give us more options.  At times last season, it was just Tebow and Moore...and we probably rode his coat-tails a lot more than we needed to."

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorHunter said:

How is it that you use "rivals" newspaper articles to make all your points?

I can only go by what I read on GatorCountry....which is a helluva lot more accurate than any Miami Mullet-wrapper article.

BTW...Moody was seen by students on the Friday prior to the Miami game in a "boot".

Dude.  Attacking the messenger makes you look really silly.  

Your RB coach directly contradicted you.  Get the quote from whatever source you want.  But he said it.

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

gatorunvrsty said:

I don't really see what difference it makes. He had an ankle injury... that's a fact. Whether he didn't play for that reason, or because he didn't fit into the scheme as well as another back, it's really irrelevant. It's probably a little bit of both.

Why it makes a difference is because I posted something correcting what shanksta had posted.  It came straight from your head coach.  But of course GH jumped in to say otherwise.  Oops.  Your RB coach was reported by several sources confirming what Meyer had said.

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

Why it makes a difference is because I posted something correcting what shanksta had posted.  It came straight from your head coach.  But of course GH jumped in to say otherwise.  Oops.  Your RB coach was reported by several sources confirming what Meyer had said.

You only referenced one.  What are the others?

And I copied and pasted straight from GatorCountry...again, I'm sure they're a little more "in the know" than the Miami Herald.  Either way...doesn't mean anything.  He does have a hurt ankle...he didn't practice...and he didn't play.  Believe any reason you wish...I could care less.:rolleyes:

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorHunter said:

You only referenced one.  What are the others?

I linked to another site as well in my last post.

The source isn't the Miami Herald.  The source is your RB coach.  If you want to say that he didn't say what multiple sites quoted him as having said, feel free to make that argument.  Otherwise, shutup about the Miami Herald.  (Seriously  :rolleyes:)

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

I linked to another site as well in my last post.

The source isn't the Miami Herald.  The source is your RB coach.  If you want to say that he didn't say what multiple sites quoted him as having said, feel free to make that argument.  Otherwise, shutup about the Miami Herald.  (Seriously  :rolleyes:)

Have you ever heard of "coachspeak"?  I copied and pasted quotes from an "insider" of the UF football team.  I trust what he reports to a Gator publication a lot more than what a coach tells a rival newspaper.

And if you don't like "differing" observations...shutup about Gator sports altogether.  

What's funny about this argument...the "version" you're reporting is actually MORE beneficial to the Gators...meaning, Moody was available to play.  Our version indicates he couldn't have if he wanted to.  Kinda goes against all your accusations that we tend to "sugarcoat" everything, huh.:ph34r:

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorHunter said:

Have you ever heard of "coachspeak"?  I copied and pasted quotes from an "insider" of the UF football team.  I trust what he reports to a Gator publication a lot more than what a coach tells a rival newspaper.

So you go with the guess of some dude writing for an internet message board over the statements of your RB coach (and head coach)?  

Classic.  :yelrotflm

And the quote was not given to "a rival newspaper". :rolleyes:   You really, really need to get over that talking point, fwiw.   It's just really lame and makes it obvious you don't understand what you are talking about.  It was a quote given to a group of reporters after practice.

Edited by Texas_Dawg, 12 September 2008 - 10:08 AM.

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

So you go with the guess of some dude writing for an internet message board over the statements of your RB coach (and head coach)?  

Classic.  :yelrotflm

And the quote was not given to "a rival newspaper". :rolleyes:   You really, really need to get over that talking point, fwiw.   It's just really lame and makes it obvious you don't understand what you are talking about.  It was a quote given to a group of reporters after practice.

And it was coachspeak.  Whether you believe it or not matters none.  The particular "dude writing for an internet message board" is Franz Beard...one of the most "knowing" Gator Insiders...he's always right.  FWIW...:D

DanielW4444

DanielW4444

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
http://www.sportingn...hEditor/167298/

Found this article, thought it was worth a read
Posted Image
Posted Image vs.Posted Image