Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Transfer Moody looks to cure Florida's RB deficiency

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

BulldawgNation

BulldawgNation
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

geechee said:

Yea, I really don't won't to start judging this early but he probably has a lot less yards than our 4th string RB. He has certainly not lived up to his hype so far, not even close. Even worse, he has yet to face an SEC defense. Of course, on the bright side for UF, they really haven't needed him to.

Yeah about that not needing him to. I'm sure our Swamp lovers are gonna start chiming in saying we were saving him for a rainy day perhaps :D :p
Posted Image

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He tweaked his ankle in week one on his second carry and didn't really play the rest of the game.  The coaches were being cautious with him against Miami so as not to aggravate it before the bye week and then the trip to Tennessee.  Besides no one here is complaining with what Rainey and Demps have been able to do.

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shanksta13 said:

Besides no one here is complaining with what Rainey and Demps have been able to do.

I don't know about "complaining"... but they had 12 yards on 6 carries against Miami.

Hawaii was fun, but when it came time for a real team (if Miami can still be considered that), the RBs quickly disappeared again.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

I don't know about "complaining"... but they had 12 yards on 6 carries against Miami.

Hawaii was fun, but when it came time for a real team (if Miami can still be considered that), the RBs quickly disappeared again.

That's okay, Harvin had 27 on 5, and Tebow had 55 on 13. I've seen countless feature backs rush for 2 yards a carry all day, only to finally spring one for 50 or 60 yards, and make it look like they'd been averaging 5+ yards all day. Obviously, with only 6 carries between them, we never got to see either one break free for a big gainer. Demps still has a TD run of 62 yards, and Rainey one of 33 yards. Fewer carries, fewer opportunities to have the big carry that pads the numbers.

Surely you don't expect Moreno's average to be just as good against the SEC, as it has been against an AA and a MAC team... or is UGA the only program that's immune to a drop-off when facing better competition?

I mean, his average for all of last year, including the scrubs, was 5.4 ypc. Against the first 2 cupcake opponents this year, he's averaging 8.7.

Edited by gatorunvrsty, 09 September 2008 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

Very true.

Here's a telling stat: Tim Tebow had as many carries as Harvin, Rainey, Demps and Moore COMBINED, and more yards than all of them combined.

That's not saying much. Tebow carried it 13 times for 55 yards.

I'd say Florida's running game hasn't really improved all that much.

GatorChomp

GatorChomp
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

Very true.

Here's a telling stat: Tim Tebow had as many carries as Harvin, Rainey, Demps and Moore COMBINED, and more yards than all of them combined.

We will see as the season goes on.  Your ignorance will be shown.  Two games into the season is not a great time to judge.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorChomp said:

We will see as the season goes on.  Your ignorance will be shown.  Two games into the season is not a great time to judge.

What ignorance? I'm just posting the stats from the game. And going by those, it's the EXACT same game plan as last year... VERY little actual rushing by tailbacks, and Tebow trying to do it all himself.

Call it ignorance if you want, but it's called analysis.

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

D^3 said:

Very true.

Our running game didn't need to "improve"...we were 3rd in the SEC...ahead of the poodles...:D

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shanksta13 said:

He tweaked his ankle in week one on his second carry and didn't really play the rest of the game.  The coaches were being cautious with him against Miami so as not to aggravate it before the bye week and then the trip to Tennessee.

Hmmm...

USC transfer Emmanuel Moody didn't play for reasons that aren't clear. Meyer said Moody wasn't hurt, and also said Moody must be more involved.

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorHunter said:

Our running game didn't need to "improve"...we were 3rd in the SEC...ahead of the poodles...:D

And it came at the expense of a busted shoulder and wrist of your QB.

That's why your coaches talked so much all off-season about needing to reduce his carries and develop a running game this year.  Looks like that hasn't happened... so good luck with that.

GatorChomp

GatorChomp
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

That's why your coaches talked so much all off-season about needing to reduce his carries and develop a running game this year.  Looks like that hasn't happened... so good luck with that.

One game doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

We ran for 255 yards against Hawaii.  We do have a rushing game.  Miami played excellent on defense and our offensive line did not do well in the first three quarters.

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

Hmmm...

FYI...this is from the "horses mouth":

EMMANUEL MOODY: Moody suffered an ankle sprain prior to the Hawaii game. How bad was it? Good question there, but bad enough that Moody didn't get the carries in last week during practice and then he did not practice Thursday.

No Thursday practice is a critical factor in this equation. With Meyer, no Thursday practice, no play on Saturday. That's all part of his plan to win under the category ball security. Urban isn't going to trust putting the ball in the hands of a player that couldn't at least practice on Thursday when the team goes through its game plan on the field.

There are all sorts of rumors about the ankle sprain and concerning attitude. I can't address those things but I can tell you that REASONS NUMBER ONE AND TWO why Moody did not play against Miami was (1) he did not get the reps in practice last week and (2) he did not practice on Thursday.

Try again...:rolleyes:

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

Actually, it was a broken non-throwing hand...and basing the next 10 games on what we've seen the past 2 weeks is pure ignorance.  fwiw

GatorChomp said:

One game doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

We ran for 255 yards against Hawaii.  We do have a rushing game.  Miami played excellent on defense and our offensive line did not do well in the first three quarters.

Miami blitzed every down for the first 3 quarters...Mullen kept going 5 wide and Tebow had no protection...blitz 6 and block with 5 doesn't work.  Anyway, when Miami quit blitzing...we started running.  No team in their right mind is gonna blitz the way Cryami did...Tebow burnt them with 3 TD passes while blitzing.

Texas_Dawg

Texas_Dawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorHunter said:

There are all sorts of rumors about the ankle sprain and concerning attitude. I can't address those things but I can tell you that REASONS NUMBER ONE AND TWO why Moody did not play against Miami was (1) he did not get the reps in practice last week and (2) he did not practice on Thursday.[/I]

Try again...:rolleyes:

Oops. As usual.

Running backs coach Kenny Carter said Moody didn't play because the Gators were often in passing situations, where Kestahn Moore excels as a blocker in the backfield.

''We had [Moody] in the plan to play, but during the course of the game, when certain things are going on, obviously [Miami] did a really nice job of stopping us from running the football,'' Carter said.

How is it that you so frequently get so many things about your team wrong?

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Texas_Dawg said:

Oops. As usual.

How is it that you so frequently get so many things about your team wrong?

How is it that you use "rivals" newspaper articles to make all your points?

I can only go by what I read on GatorCountry....which is a helluva lot more accurate than any Miami Mullet-wrapper article.

BTW...Moody was seen by students on the Friday prior to the Miami game in a "boot".