Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Doucet, Flynn, Arnold Doubtful for Saturday

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Sabama

Sabama

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
The injury bug finally hits the almighty....Should make it interesting.
"The Outfit"

Posted Image

True Grit

True Grit
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Sabama said:

The injury bug finally hits the almighty....Should make it interesting.

If Flynn is in for the Florida game we will be fine. Everyone should be back by then.
Posted Image

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not buying Miles' BS.  And don't really understand his defensiveness when asked about Doucet?  It's reasonable to not want to divulge an injury of a player that may be playing less than 100%, but if Doucet is out for 3 games due to a groin pull, that's unusual.  I'd bet Doucet plays this weekend.  Miles may not fear our talent, but he's not above throwing a few wrinkles in for effect.  This is a game LSU must not lose.  They're in great position for a run at the MNC.  Beyond that, he knows they need to cover the spread to get props for the win.  Even if he thinks it's no problem, he's smart enough to know we could play better than he expects.  After all, we've got nothing to lose, LSU will lose the run for the title.  No pressure there.  He's already taken some heat for having all that talent last year and not winning the SEC.

True Grit

True Grit
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wouldnt be surprised if Doucet does play this weekend. Les is very quiet about player's injuries and this would be the type of thing he would do.

And do we have to cover the spread? Look at how many close games Florida had last year. If LSU keeps winning, we will stay #2. Im not convinced Oklahoma is an elite team this year. They havent played any great defense and their defense hasnt been challenged.
Posted Image

GatorNation

GatorNation
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

The Baton Rouge Morning Advocate reported this morning that Doucet's injury was more significant than first believed and that he would be out for perhaps several games. Also, being judged on a day-to-day basis is QB Matt Flynn and All-American Offensive Lineman Will Arnold. Both are doubtful for Saturday.

What happened?

True Grit

True Grit
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GatorNation said:

What happened?

Injured it somehow during a walkthough practice on Friday. Miles called it a freak injury.
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think that Perrilloux matches up better than Flynn against SC's defense.

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NiKka said:

I think that Perrilloux matches up better than Flynn against SC's defense.

Perrilloux has a very good arm and, so far, he's been pretty cool in the pocket.  He pulls it down and takes off at appropriate times.  He runs well and he's a load to bring down.  He has a little tendency to look  at his intended target too long before throwing, but he's getting better.  As a matter of fact, he scans the field pretty well looking from #1 to #2 to #3 and making the right throw.  Last week, he made several throws to tight ends; something new for us.  I don't know if the Gamecocks are getting a break or not with Perrilloux maybe starting instead of Flynn.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time