Doucet, Flynn, Arnold Doubtful for Saturday - LSU Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Doucet, Flynn, Arnold Doubtful for Saturday

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Baton Rouge Morning Advocate reported this morning that Doucet's injury was more significant than first believed and that he would be out for perhaps several games.  Also, being judged on a day-to-day basis is QB Matt Flynn and  All-American Offensive Lineman Will Arnold.  Both are doubtful for Saturday.

So, Ryan Perrilloux may be the starter again on Saturday against the gamecocks and the Evil Genius.  Perrilloux did well against MTSU, but this is a very good defensive ball club that he will be facing Saturday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

USAFGAMECOCK

USAFGAMECOCK
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

The Baton Rouge Morning Advocate reported this morning that Doucet's injury was more significant than first believed and that he would be out for perhaps several games.  Also, being judged on a day-to-day basis is QB Matt Flynn and  All-American Offensive Lineman Will Arnold.  Both are doubtful for Saturday.

So, Ryan Perrilloux may be the starter again on Saturday against the gamecocks and the Evil Genius.  Perrilloux did well against MTSU, but this is a very good defensive ball club that he will be facing Saturday.

"So you're saying there's a chance......." (quoting Dumb and Dumber):laugh:

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

USAFGAMECOCK said:

"So you're saying there's a chance......." (quoting Dumb and Dumber):laugh:

Well, Matt Flynn is a lot smarter and more experienced than Doucet, which would give Spurrier more challenges.  Perrilloux is learning fast and has tremendous raw talent and probably the best arm.  He's also a more dangerous runner than Flynn.  But, his inexperience may lead to some big mistakes which Spurrier would capitalize on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

USAFGAMECOCK

USAFGAMECOCK
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

Well, Matt Flynn is a lot smarter and more experienced than Doucet, which would give Spurrier more challenges.  Perrilloux is learning fast and has tremendous raw talent and probably the best arm.  He's also a more dangerous runner than Flynn.  But, his inexperience may lead to some big mistakes which Spurrier would capitalize on.

Well if we had a 2% chance of winning before all of this news came out, our chances are now around 2.43%  YESSS!!!

With the way our offense is playing, I just don't feel too good about this game.  Our D is good, but there's only so much you can do if you're on the field the entire game.  I hope it's a good one though!  :thumpsup:

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
not looking good for us...our starting QB, all-SEC WR, and a day game vs a coach who basically owns us.....it may be closer than I'd like
Posted Image
BamaPerry: No trophy for Miles. Not this year, not ever.

True Grit

True Grit
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We should be fine. I think we still score at least 30 points. And its not like they will score much against us.
Posted Image

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

True Grit said:

We should be fine. I think we still score at least 30 points. And its not like they will score much against us.

on paper, i think we're fine but turnovers and penalties can even up any teams...and we've been plagued by penalties these last three games
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
On college football live they just said that Flynn was probable. Also said that Doucet was out...no mention of the lineman.

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever said:

On college football live they just said that Flynn was probable. Also said that Doucet was out...no mention of the lineman.

my inside sources (don't ask...LOL) said Flynn and Arnold (who doesn't start anyway) will still play.  Doucet will be out for at least three games. I'm assuming Jared Mitchell will start in his place.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Ramp said:

my inside sources (don't ask...LOL) said Flynn and Arnold (who doesn't start anyway) will still play.  Doucet will be out for at least three games. I'm assuming Jared Mitchell will start in his place.

I know you guys have depth but are you saying that you have an All American who doesnt even start?

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever said:

I know you guys have depth but are you saying that you have an All American who doesnt even start?

Pretty much.  Arnold hasn't played much this year due to an injury, and earlier word was that he might try to play for some of the bigger games.  As far as I know, he hasn't played yet.

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever said:

Will Arnold messed up his ankle last year at the MSU game and hasn't been healthy since. he comes in on certain plays at LG and moves Herman Johnson to RG where he immediately gets false starts. Big Herm is fine at LG and Will should spell the freshmen Lyle Hitt at RG IMO. Will sat out last game with a stomach ailment but it doesn't really matter because I doubt he will ever fully recover from his injuries. It's a shame because he had NFL talent but the ligament in his legs is almost gone.
Posted Image

True Grit

True Grit
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Arnold had knee and ankle problems comign out of high school but they have escalated a lot since coming to LSU. He has had something like 15 surgeries.

And as long as we have Flynn back for the Florida game we should be fine. Byrd, Tolliver, and Jared Mitchell are all capable recievers. I would love to have Doucet back but its not like its the end of the world without him. It just sucks because he was a probable first rounder and if he is out for another 2 or 3 weeks he probably wont have a shot at the first round unless he absoloutely explodes.
Posted Image

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

True Grit said:

Arnold had knee and ankle problems comign out of high school but they have escalated a lot since coming to LSU. He has had something like 15 surgeries.

And as long as we have Flynn back for the Florida game we should be fine. Byrd, Tolliver, and Jared Mitchell are all capable recievers. I would love to have Doucet back but its not like its the end of the world without him. It just sucks because he was a probable first rounder and if he is out for another 2 or 3 weeks he probably wont have a shot at the first round unless he absoloutely explodes.

all he really needs is a good bowl game and a good 40 time at the combine. dante stallworth did it.
Posted Image

Williams-Brice

Williams-Brice

I'm just sayin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, we never do well against running QB's, and Spurrier wanted Jared Mitchell coming out of high school bad, so I think LSU will be okay.  I just hope we get the ball to bounce our way.  As was said earlier, turnovers and bounces can change the game.  With that said, we're going to have to be perfect.
Posted Image