Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Smith v Greenwood

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This sounds entertaining, actually . . .

It's like watching Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson in Caesar's Palace, Roger Clemens pitching to Barry Bonds in a World Series or Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams dueling on Wimbledon's Centre Court.

The daily battle between Alabama left tackle Andre Smith and Crimson Tide defensive end Bobby Greenwood may not sell the same number of tickets, but it's every bit as engrossing, teammate Wallace Gilberry said.

Favorite part:  

"I've lost a tremendous amount of weight," Smith said. "When you're overweight, my back was hurting a lot last year when I ran. This year, I'm kind of like a gazelle."

A 333-pound gazelle is a difficult thing to block.
Ya think?!?  :laugh:
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

BamaFreak

BamaFreak

I'm just a patsy!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Smith is an unbelievable athlete.  His very presence will help make some of our defensive line guys better as well.  Sounds like Greenwood is already appreciating how Smith has raised Bobby's level of play.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." -- G.K. Chesterton

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope Greenwood does step it up. Hes too massive and quick not to be better.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas